British lawmakers, celebrities call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

webfact

On 4/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, malagateddy said:

Obviously not all neighbours from hell are eu immigrants..but in Glasgow the crime rate is ..up.up.up.
I point out to you that I keep in touch with friends who live in Glasgow where I lived until almost 4 years ago.
Some of them are retired Police Officers..some of their kids are serving Police Officers..and the stories they tell me..enough said.
Also..IMO..Nigel Farange is a PATRIOT along with Sir William Cash.The late Enoch Powell and the late Tony Wedgewood Benn saw right through the fraudulent corrupt brussels shambles.
Britain should only accept migrants who will enhance the country.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The BBC broadcasted and dissected his full speech on radio 4 yesterday, voiced by an actor (sounding like Ray Alan's 'Lord Charles' towards the end!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09z08w3

Mods: This might deserve it's own thread.

Edited by evadgib

10 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Far as I'm concerned..British Values have went "down the pan"
When I was a kid..you helped old ladies with their messages..people could go about their business/get on with their lives in comparative safety. S prison was quite a fearsome place.
Now..acid attacks..stabbings..murders galore..senior citizens frightened to leave their homes..etc etc.
Imo..the UK must bring back the death penalty for those involved in likes of murder..terrorist activities..drug dealers..people traffickers..child prostitution etc.
If your business is human misery..you have no human rights!!
Also..get rid of all the political correctness..load of trendy left wing nonsense.
Immigrants to the UK must adapt to the British way of life.
Me..I'm old guard..non pc..call a spade a spade and sometimes a shovel..no criminal record whatsoever.
The UK imo..needs hard line hard hitting government
Hope that gives you idea re my view on British Values.

Don't let it be said you didn't have tome to think about what you regard as 'British Values', even so you came back with the above.

OK, helping and respecting the old, that's a value, its certainly a British value but then its a value I've witnessed in every country I've been to. 

Nothing else you've said can be mistaken for a 'value', its just a repetition of the reactionary diatribe you so frequently give us. 

• Like 1

Don't let it be said you didn't have tome to think about what you regard as 'British Values', even so you came back with the above.

OK, helping and respecting the old, that's a value, its certainly a British value but then its a value I've witnessed in every country I've been to. 

Nothing else you've said can be mistaken for a 'value', its just a repetition of the reactionary diatribe you so frequently give us. 
C/h..I have no real interest re your comments.."reactionary diatribe"..it's only your imo usual corbinista political rants.
No change there[emoji6]

9 hours ago, malagateddy said:

A country where you can go about your business in relative safety.no muggings etc
As already stated make punishment fit the crime
Respect and help for senior citizens..community spirit..I could go on and on r/r..but lots to do today
I would welcome turning back the clock to when I was a kid . put it that way..people did not have that much but were a lot happier.Respect was there

I don't know anybody in the UK who's been mugged, I suspect most people in the UK don't know anyone who's been mugged.

As for 'respect and help senior citizens... community spirit'.

There's plenty of this, its all over the place and very often exactly what illiberals protest against. 

Respect for people regardless of their origin, race, religion or no religion, gender, gender orientation, age, physical/mental ability, equal rights and respect for women, for gays or anyone wherever on the gender spectrum. These things are core to the ideas liberal left wing social justice in 2018 and they are supported by most people. 

There is not a town anywhere in the UK that does not have grass roots community groups, helping the old, the poor, the disadvantaged. Many of these groups are founded around faith communities but offering help to all people regardless of faith.

Community spirit is thriving in the UK, but its not the community spirit of 'only people like us', its the open community spirt that is chaining the UK for the better. 

You might want to read up on the 'politics of fear' and discover who it is selling the messages of fear and disunity that you have so very clearly bought into.

"Respect" you say, "Community spirit" you say.... and then you come on here time after time ranting against immigrants, peddling your message of hate and fear. 

There's a reason why you are not getting the respect you crave. 

• Like 2

I don't know anybody in the UK who's been mugged, I suspect most people in the UK don't know anyone who's been mugged.

As for 'respect and help senior citizens... community spirit'.

There's plenty of this, its all over the place and very often exactly what illiberals protest against. 

Respect for people regardless of their origin, race, religion or no religion, gender, gender orientation, age, physical/mental ability, equal rights and respect for women, for gays or anyone wherever on the gender spectrum. These things are core to the ideas liberal left wing social justice in 2018 and they are supported by most people. 

There is not a town anywhere in the UK that does not have grass roots community groups, helping the old, the poor, the disadvantaged. Many of these groups are founded around faith communities but offering help to all people regardless of faith.

Community spirit is thriving in the UK, but its not the community spirit of 'only people like us', its the open community spirt that is chaining the UK for the better. 

You might want to read up on the 'politics of fear' and discover who it is selling the messages of fear and disunity that you have so very clearly bought into.

"Respect" you say, "Community spirit" you say.... and then you come on here time after time ranting against immigrants, peddling your message of hate and fear. 

There's a reason why you are not getting the respect you crave. 
C/h..please get a life..I'm watching the footie..have a good evening

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

C/h..please get a life..I'm watching the footie..have a good evening

I have a life Teddy.

You need to come up with some 'British Values', you've failed on the point so far. 

ps. I hope for your own sake your not watching the Scottish League.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1