British lawmakers, celebrities call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

webfact

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Oh well..the pretentious luvvys are at it again..just wonder if any of them have "neighbours from hell".
The ones involved in organised crime..eg.
Child prostutution..people trafficking..drugs etc etc.
Pity the eu luvvys would never dream of living in an area like Govanhill in Glasgow.
They like to talk the talk..not walk the walk

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When I went to uni in Manchester in the late sixties I lived in a student house in Moss side.  When I saw your post it reminded me of those days.  Then later I joined the ranks of those buying apartments on the South Bank of London near Tower Bridge.  Same story with robberies every other day and car burnings and gangs out beating up any of the new residents.  All courtesy of the "Souf London Boys!"  Still it could have been worse, could have been St Pauls in Bristol or Pekham or.....

Don't remember any Europeans though

Edited by dunroaming
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..go buy a flat in an undesirable area of Edinburgh or Glasgow or Bradford or London etc..AND LIVE IN IT FOR 6 MONTHS!!
Walk the walk..please do not JUST TALK THE TALK

Sorry to interrupt but you don't need to go and buy a flat in any of those areas to know what happens there and always has.  Just like the East End of London has always had gangsters and low lifes and lots of decent hard working people.  Nothing to do with where they originated from.  You call them undesirable areas, well who made them undesirable in the first place?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

In Glasgow..there have been and always will be a " bad element " of locals..but thanks to successive UK Govts..there is now far more " bad elements " due to immigration

Your position is clear concerning immigration. Just don't expect everyone to agree with your views, many don't.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

My point being that certain eu immigrants are conducting serious criminal activities in Govanhill..the eu luvvys never think about the normal man/woman who have to suffer because of certain scummy eu immigrants

And you never think about the normal EU immigrants who work, pay their taxes, don't put their handout to the state and obey the law. 

Post after post you offer the same diatribe, characterising all immigrants as criminals, only ever referring to crime committed by immigrants. 

You're like a stuck record.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..go buy a flat in an undesirable area of Edinburgh or Glasgow or Bradford or London etc..AND LIVE IN IT FOR 6 MONTHS!!

I had a flat in Edinburgh for 17 years, made a mint when the Scottish Parliament came in and house prices went through the roof. 

The building had laid empty for over ten years before I bought it and split it into flats, so I guess it must have been 'undesirable' at the time.... oh and me an immigrant to Scotland too... tut tut!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

If the cap fits. So the magic will instantly appear on the 29th of march haha then now who has no idea and as for the NHS contributions has this been put back 2030 or longer after your forgotten divorce bill of a much talked about 50 - 70 billion euros plus the 7 quarters budget payments we have to make after the 29th of March. 

The divorce bill is 39-43bn euros

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The bus slogan suggested we could spend the money we give the EU on our own priorities, for example the NHS. Granted they should have used the net amount and not the gross amount.

I've not heard a single Leave voter who thought £350m p/w was going to the NHS the following day. That is just a myth perpetuated by desperate remainers.

You are right the bus only "indicated" that the money would be spent on the NHS but go back and listen to the speeches said beside the bus. Like " let's stop giving the EU £350 million pounds a week and spend it on the NHS instead".  It was pitched loud and clear and it certainly made me stop and think.  Fortunately I wasn't quite gullible enough to believe a word that Boris said.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You are right the bus only "indicated" that the money would be spent on the NHS but go back and listen to the speeches said beside the bus. Like " let's stop giving the EU £350 million pounds a week and spend it on the NHS instead".  It was pitched loud and clear and it certainly made me stop and think.  Fortunately I wasn't quite gullible enough to believe a word that Boris said.

I'm with you when it comes to Boris.  I cringed listening to him during the campaign.

But let's face it, nobody was stupid enough to think the people running the Leave campaign had the authority to spend public funds.

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Why would one buy property in an undesirable area? The Edinburgh gaf is walking distance from Holyrood just off Princes Street. If I want to rough it, Cow Gate is just a stagger away. Communities make or sink an area. Many previously rough areas are now gentrified.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

The thousands of children groomed and raped over decades by nom integrated immigrants and their families were ignored.  People are right to be fearful of not just crime and terrorism but wages going down. housing shortages, green space incursions, NHS services declining etc. Plus there is a downside of reactionary, anti democracy, anti gay and anti women's equality issues that needs to be addressed. 

You are very correct, the children groomed and raped over decades where ignored, they were ignored by the police, welfare, social services, city halls and the courts. 
Blame the rapists for the rapes, blame the society for having systematically failed the victims and in doing so setting them up as victims of choice - victims that nobody listens to. 

Your reference to anti democracy, anti gay and anti women's equality issues could very easily be understood to be referring to a sizeable and vociferous number of TVF members.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Why would one buy property in an undesirable area? The Edinburgh gaf is walking distance from Holyrood just off Princes Street. If I want to rough it, Cow Gate is just a stagger away. Communities make or sink an area. Many previously rough areas are now gentrified.

When I bought into Broughton Place it was run down, a couple of years later it was on the up and up. Around that time a friend told me she was buying in Leith, I thought she was off her rocker. 

How things change, nothing more so than neighbourhoods. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

In Glasgow..there have been and always will be a " bad element " of locals..but thanks to successive UK Govts..there is now far more " bad elements " due to immigration

I find it hard to believe the hairy arsed Glaswegian fitters I used to build oil rigs with are being out-toughed by a bunch of East Europeans! I'll bring up some Yorkshire blokes to help teach the foreign riff raff proper table manners if you like?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm with you when it comes to Boris.  I cringed listening to him during the campaign.

But let's face it, nobody was stupid enough to think the people running the Leave campaign had the authority to spend public funds.

Be careful there.  You are implying an awful lot of Brexit voters were "stupid enough"  :smile:

Still a long way to go before we get to know just what kind of Brexit is being negotiated and what we will be presented with in the end. I think the people should have an opportunity to vote at the death whether the deal be accepted or rejected.  And given that the government have backed down on so many of their pledges that would be only fair for the Brexiteers.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe the hairy arsed Glaswegian fitters I used to build oil riggs with are being out-toughed by a bunch of East Europeans! I'll bring up some Yorkshire blokes to help teach the foreign riff raff proper table manners if you like?
I am talking heavy organised crime..not pub fights

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Be careful there.  You are implying an awful lot of Brexit voters were "stupid enough"  :smile:

Still a long way to go before we get to know just what kind of Brexit is being negotiated and what we will be presented with in the end. I think the people should have an opportunity to vote at the death whether the deal be accepted or rejected.  And given that the government have backed down on so many of their pledges that would be only fair for the Brexiteers.

This is precisely why the PM insists on defining Brexit as 'Brexit = Brexit'.

Whatever you get, or don't get, that's Brexit. 

Right now, as you mention, all Red lines have been crossed 'Brexit = Brexit'.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

I am talking heavy organised crime..not pub fights

Are you seriously asking us to believe there was no organised crime in Glasgow, Edinburgh or anywhere else before EU immigrants started it?

That Glasgee sense of humour, I love it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

No, I am implying nobody voted Brexit on the basis of the one slogan.

The sentiment is all very good with this people's vote, but how do you stop the EU from offering an even worse deal in order to get the UK to vote to stay in?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I had a flat in Edinburgh for 17 years, made a mint when the Scottish Parliament came in and house prices went through the roof. 

The building had laid empty for over ten years before I bought it and split it into flats, so I guess it must have been 'undesirable' at the time.... oh and me an immigrant to Scotland too... tut tut!

I always buy at the top of the market and sell at the bottom.

• Like 1