Visa Exemption_2 times each year

Dear all,

I'm a European national, visiting Thailand 2 times each year since 2014 for holidays (usually in March and August, when I have my business holidays). Always come on visa exemption by air only, never done any extension/overstay. Usually I spend 10 days in the country in March and around 20 days in August. I always come with enough money, onward ticket back to my home country in Europe and health care insurance provided by my employer. Never been questioned at immigration; I plan to come back in August (in March '18 I spent one week in the country): I asked Thai consulate in my country if would have been better to get a Tourist Visa for August (considering that I have a number of VE already, although split over a couple of years), but they told me there's no need, and if I come to the country to stay only 20 days with a Tourist Visa (for the length of stay a VE would be enough), that could seems strange to IOs and add more scrutiny. Do you think I run any risk if I enter the country on VE as I always did, or should I insist with the consulate for the TV?

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind feedback. yeah, that's true: I'm a genuine tourist and never thought about these kind of problems...but recent reports made me more cautious (actually, too much cautious!). It's just that I work hard to enjoy my holidays and I prefer to make sure I don't have any issue when I get there..!

thanks

• Like 1

Quite sad that the current hassles towards quality tourists is pushing decent visitors with money to spend, in doubt.

I also have a friend from Europe who loves Thailand (and can afford and have many holiday breaks in the year) and wanted to go back for a 2 week holiday.

But as he has already made 4 visa exempt entries this year (no extensions), plainly stays for 2 weeks or so and leaves...well he was afraid to get harassed or refused entry by Immigration.

As he did not want any hassles he just chose to go to another neighbouring Asian country for his next 2 week break this summer.....it's a pity as the current climate and policies by the Immigration boys in Suvarnabhumi can (wrongfully perhaps), discourage many a quality tourist from the west to come to Thailand and spend their money for a quick holiday.

• Like 1

4 separate 30 days walk-in Visa exempt a year for me for 5 years now and I have never  been questioned or asked about funds etc. I would be quite upset if I was because all I do is come to Thailand and spend money, but who knows what will happen at anytime in LOS. 

7 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

4 separate 30 days walk-in Visa exempt a year for me for 5 years now and I have never  been questioned or asked about funds etc. I would be quite upset if I was because all I do is come to Thailand and spend money, but who knows what will happen at anytime in LOS. 

If you continue this I dont see any problems. The issue is not someone using a VE, but people trying to live full time in Thailand on a mixture of VE and visas.  20 years ago no big deal, but now days immigration is being very aggressive!