British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I think people will find this unusually high violence for a westerner, so will not attribute to any cultural failings. Perhaps the man has gone native.

"unusually high violence for a westerner"

Oooh they are soft and gentle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you have to spend so much money on a woman to keep her with you.. you surely must realize your renting and there is no love in between. (not saying this is the case here as there are kids). But if you have to keep spending huge amounts of money on a woman to keep her with you.... then she has a different idea about the relationship than you do. 

No, just remember

"my one is different" 

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

"unusually high violence for a westerner"

Oooh they are soft and gentle...

Yea us westerners are pussy cats... Auschwitz, Spanish inquisition ect. Every human has the capacity to violence.. some more so then others but it is not limited to certain races. 

• Like 2

Ubon women  are  Isan -Lao people and are well known for having multiple partners-  i lived with one for almost 10 years- - i know. Fortunately i was wise enough not to marry into an Ubon family.

This Brit probably discovered his wife is still involved with her younger Isan husband and blew his fuse..... enjoying farangs money for years  no doubt.

Most farangs have no idea who theyre married to until its too late.

Its too easy for old western guys to get married to young girls here.....dont do it!!!.

If the farang has 1 million baht he might be able to walk. He definitely could of when Yingluck was PM.

The army are cracking down on alot of police income streams.

Edited by lanista
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Why? No doubt he'd spent plenty of money on her over the years. Internally that can cause a lot of anger and resentment leading to aggression 

Are you actually saying that having spent money on his wife somehow gives him the right to beat her to death when things don't go exactly how he wants them to  ....... just asking ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

There are plenty of good Thai girls.. just takes a bit longer to find one and it takes more then money to get one.. 

Of course. Same with every other culture. 

Sure some people don't reveal their true colours until later or ever at all. 

But essentially it was your choice. 

For those people for example that get married after meeting for a week's and then complain that the marriage went down the toilet. You will Get no sympathy from me

11 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

such an old boring cliche comment that first was spoken in go go bars and passed on to those 'in the know' about thai women. yawn

May be boring and cliche

But I can assure give this thread a few more pages and every second post will be someone gloating about how theirs is different 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

Of course. Same with every other culture. 

Sure some people don't reveal their true colours until later or ever at all. 

But essentially it was your choice. 

For those people for example that get married after meeting for a week's and then complain that the marriage went down the toilet. You will Get no sympathy from me

Getting married after a week is just stupid I think we agree there.. and yes some people only reveal their true colors later. I met and married one of those long ago. I learned from it but it did not make me bitter, just a bit more careful. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If you're married to a attractive person 22 years younger than you, paranoia is going to be pretty much a constant.

Maybe she was cheating, maybe she wasn't. Still, no reason to kill her.

Agree, not a reason to take life. Disagree that being with an attractive younger woman causes a pretty much constant paranoia. Perhaps if the man is insecure or feels threatened in some manner.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Farangs are getting a bit too much coverage during this Songkran holiday and that is not a good thing ever when we are not natives.

Saves commenting on the natives.... 

59 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Another dreadful thread  with a domestic violence theme. I do hope that this will cause people to speak up when they see  domestic  violence. I have to remind myself sometimes that there are important advances being made. 

I didn't care so much about the Brit  aspect, but I did note that they  had a home in Pattaya. If anything it  just reinforces the biases one may have.

Tragic. Fathers who insult, belittle  or beat their spouses often don't understand why their kids hate them. Never, ever mess with a child's mother. Kids almost always put mom ahead of dad, no matter how great the dad may be. This is deep and ingrained. Moms will be forgiven for their failings, but it is very difficult for  the father.

Even if drunk, it is not much of a defense. All that it would show was that he was an angry drunk. I have come across a few of those over the years. they are as unpleasant sober as they are when drunk, and then they wonder why they have few if any friends. Fortunately, most of the people I knew were happy drunks and the only issue with women came from realizing that they had picked up  a rather cringeworthy bedmate  at the bar the night before.

Geriatric, thank you for identifying the Domestic violence problem.

This woman was killed by her husband, the nationality, medication, social aspects and other factors may possibly be contributing factors but the core is the domestic violence. 

As in all reports of this nature we do not know if this man has a history of violence to his wife or any other family members so most of what happens on this site is pure speculation.

I too find some of the comments utterly appalling and sickening and a bow to the moderator who has removed some of the worst.

A woman has just been violently killed by her partner, it is that we must remember.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I think people will find this unusually high violence for a westerner, so will not attribute to any cultural failings. Perhaps the man has gone native.

Those "people" you are referring to would be wrong if you look at the statistics in Western countries. 

• Like 1

A post that has mistakenly used a quote, showing a different person as the quoted has been removed.

If you are quoting someone and editing part of it, please ensure you have the correct person you are quoting.

Editing part, especially on a post that itself uses a quote, can lead to you attributing a comment to the wrong person.

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Getting married after a week is just stupid I think we agree there.. and yes some people only reveal their true colors later. I met and married one of those long ago. I learned from it but it did not make me bitter, just a bit more careful. 

Yes it is stupid. 

But one (including me) may think that marrying a girl half your age in a foreign country and expecting it to be because of your charm is also stupid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hellohello123 said:

Yes it is stupid. 

But one (including me) may think that marrying a girl half your age in a foreign country and expecting it to be because of your charm is also stupid 

I agree.. unless you look like Sean Connery of course (he looked better as he aged). But unfortunately that is not how it works for most of us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I agree.. unless you look like Sean Connery of course (he looked better as he aged). But unfortunately that is not how it works for most of us. 

Absolutely

Us men do stupid things when it comes to our ego and women. 

Unfortunately I'm learning a t a very slow rate

What drives a person to do this evil vile and murderous act? Thoughts and Prayers go to the Children who will now be left behind to pick up the pieces?? Extremely sad and a total unnecessary passing of a Mother!

• Like 2