Swimming pool enclosure for mozzies

Thian

In Florida they have great pool/garden enclosures against mozzies....i have never seen that in Thailand though.

Does anybody has this? Are there pro's and cons ? I would like one which lasts for decades, is that possible?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor florida swimming pool enclosure

• Like 1

In Florida they have great pool/garden enclosures against mozzies....i have never seen that in Thailand though.

Does anybody has this? Are there pro's and cons ? I would like one which lasts for decades, is that possible?

5da6db8ce5132eedf39154d8b31705f2.jpg&key=c70b26218bf91d5d1ac115c2cb21f189ac08f15a2709654d8af9d49eb501855e
I think one of the cons would be the cost.
I've been investigating roofing for green houses and there is UV and anti drip sheeting around for B2000/ 6m lengths. Probably still need an automatic green shade cloth construction under the roof. Seems discolouring after about 3 years although guarantee for longer.

Maybe try and eliminate all the mossie breeding areas around the house would be cheaper. Any pot plant base or old tires etc catch water and breed mossies.

You could try something like in the picture, continue it on and enclose in mossie net. That structure was about B40000 labour and the steel was bought in conjunction with the pool steel; probably B200000 roughly to build something like this all enclosed.20180418_081949.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Yes it has to be real stainless steel or won't last long...i have some aluminium (i guess) screens in the sun but that doesn't last long, maybe 3 years or so....put that on the dogcage.

I don't care what it costs, if it lasts 20 years the costs can be divided by 20 and that's sure worth the money of sitting outside...we also had lemongrass and so but that doesn't help. We also don't have any standing water but if i sit outside within a minute i get bitten for sure. I'm tired of it and if i order a pool i want to make sure it's in a cage, together with a piece of garden and terrace.

So has anybody seen the stainless steel mozziescreens in Thailand? And can that stand 20 years in full sun?

It will work against all animals, perfect! Also fruitflies, gecko's, cats, squirrels, snakes so we can have fruittree's as well unprotected.

I just wonder why nobody has it in BKK (or outside)...i hate mosquito's but they love me.

10 hours ago, jobwolf said:

If there is Chlorine or Salt in the Water Mozzies will not breed in it.

That is true. Also, if you keep the water pump on, mozzies will not breed in you pool, since they need the water to be still and not flowing.

Swimming pools in general are not good breeding ground for mozzies, since any slight breeze will have the surface moving and making it undesireble for them. They are generally looking for well shielded (from winds, sun  and predators) small pockets of stagnant water (like car tyres, pots, buckets and such) to breed in.

I don't know where the mozzies breed but i've never been to a place in BKK without them. Only above the 10th floor..

Upcountry i didn't see them on hills....

But even in airconditioned restaurants they bite, come in through the door i guess.

I have seen very strong anti-burglar steel mesh, that was from australia iirc, even a burglar couldn't kick it in i saw on their video. I don't need that superstrong quality but just something that lasts for some decades.

Strange that nobody has it already. I've been in 30-40 mil. baht houses with pool but also they didn't have it..what fun if you have a pool but get stung every minute.

I'll find a solution though, just saw an advertising from cooling fans (evaporationsystem) which kill mosquito's by some chemical...don't know if that's safe to use but at least there's something now.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Never found the need to do something like that! 

As other posters have said, mosquitoes will not breed in swimming pools anyway.

I don;t know where they breed but they're all over BKK...everywhere.

5 hours ago, jumbo said:

maybe check on a florida forum what material they use??

I mean the screen

I have seen them there as well and the structure was made from wood sometimes

Wood (teak or maidaeng) is very expensive now...the frame i better build from stainless steel as well i guess.

It's the screen i'm trying to find, or a company who has experience in building large enclosures from it. The screen has to be on large rolls.

Can you guys sit outside at night without any mozzies? In Singapore i also didn't see any mozzies, don't know why that is.

11 minutes ago, Thian said:

Wood (teak or maidaeng) is very expensive now...the frame i better build from stainless steel as well i guess.

It's the screen i'm trying to find, or a company who has experience in building large enclosures from it. The screen has to be on large rolls.

Can you guys sit outside at night without any mozzies? In Singapore i also didn't see any mozzies, don't know why that is.

You might be better to simply enclose the outdoor sitting area, rather than go to the huge expense of enclosing the entire swimming pool and sitting area.

I have had 2 pools at different houses, and also use them while on holiday at resorts or hotels.  I can't remember a single time a mosquito bit me while in the swimming pool!

Sitting about outside in the evening is different.  But sometimes there are no mosquitoes about, and if there are some just light a mosquito coil and spray yourself with a mosquito repellent.  

I don't use the repellent now.. as they rarely bite me anymore.  Think they like the blood of the tourists and new arrivals better.. perhaps they small like farang food and the insects fancy some pie and chips flavour blood. 

52 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You might be better to simply enclose the outdoor sitting area, rather than go to the huge expense of enclosing the entire swimming pool and sitting area.

I have had 2 pools at different houses, and also use them while on holiday at resorts or hotels.  I can't remember a single time a mosquito bit me while in the swimming pool!

Sitting about outside in the evening is different.  But sometimes there are no mosquitoes about, and if there are some just light a mosquito coil and spray yourself with a mosquito repellent.  

I don't use the repellent now.. as they rarely bite me anymore.  Think they like the blood of the tourists and new arrivals better.. perhaps they small like farang food and the insects fancy some pie and chips flavour blood. 

When i see thai houses along the roads/klongs (squatters) they also don't even have mosquitoscreens while they sit inside...i wonder if they get stung like us....they like my thai wife even more than me so i want a permanent solution to stop them. That spray works well but i don't want to use it often.

I think a large screen all over the garden is the best solution but i have no idea what it costs. I need something high quality that lasts long.

40 minutes ago, Thian said:

When i see thai houses along the roads/klongs (squatters) they also don't even have mosquitoscreens while they sit inside...i wonder if they get stung like us....they like my thai wife even more than me so i want a permanent solution to stop them. That spray works well but i don't want to use it often.

I think a large screen all over the garden is the best solution but i have no idea what it costs. I need something high quality that lasts long.

Have you been here long?  When I first came here I got bitten a lot and the bites swelled up like hard lumps.. and very itchy.  After a while the mosquitoes no longer bite me so much.. and the bites don't swell up or itch at all.

Is your wife Thai?  Maybe its her perfume or your brand of aftershave they are attracted too.

If you have the money to spend on your net thing then go for it.  I guess it will cost a fortune to get a good quality and safe structure.  I would not go with anyone unless they have built them before and you can see the quality of their past work.  You might end up spending a lot of money and having a very ugly and unstable structure that will fall apart in a few years.

23 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Have you been here long?  When I first came here I got bitten a lot and the bites swelled up like hard lumps.. and very itchy.  After a while the mosquitoes no longer bite me so much.. and the bites don't swell up or itch at all.

Is your wife Thai?  Maybe its her perfume or your brand of aftershave they are attracted too.

If you have the money to spend on your net thing then go for it.  I guess it will cost a fortune to get a good quality and safe structure.  I would not go with anyone unless they have built them before and you can see the quality of their past work.  You might end up spending a lot of money and having a very ugly and unstable structure that will fall apart in a few years.

Yes i've been here 15 years, but i still hate the mosquito's.

That's why i asked here, i need a professional net, in case some part breaks it should be able to replace it easy...and it has to be perfect of course, i 'm farang and am used to perfection.

Mosquito's are everywhere and we don't use perfume..most thai neighbours don't even go outside after dark....it's not that we have extreme many but just like everywhere in BKK..yes we have loads of green around the house, that they don't have around siam...we live in the subs.

It would be so nice if we can sit and eat outside without spraying. I will go find a good screen....

On 4/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, Thian said:

If you have chlorine in your pool the mozzies don't appreciate that too much

I have been thinking about enclosure just because you can keep your door open as well...all through the day too

I know there is a factory in Chiang Mai, forgot the name, they should be able to sell you the roles

Treated wood should be good too....