VIDEO: American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport "because his flight was cancelled"

Jonathan Fairfield

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can the American claim 'Break-Failure' ????

OK, so there was possibly some provocation, but the American significantly over-reacted.

I hope he receives a similar charge/penalty that a Thai would under similar circumstances. 

The broken arm was bad luck for the American. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I saw that too. The statement alleged to have been from the American is uncorroborated. I believe there is more to this event. The hotel touts can be aggressive.

if you allow me to be TV detective..

The Thai guy is holding a sign for meeting a tourist, but he admit he goes away to do some other business. 

Was it the American whos name is on the board? and he is pis$ed off to be left waiting?

yes, they dont mention this, but it is Thai journalism after all.

i only suggest this to try to make some sense out of it..

why did the American take the Thai touts board ?

it doesnt add up, maybe like you say, more to it

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

On Tuesday the American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said no, and wants him prosecuted to the full extent of the law for what he did. 

Clever, waiting for a better offer.

Gives new meaning to the term "ugly american", and I say that as a Yank. Wow. What a buffoon. Never attack a Thai. For any reason. It is dumb and dumber. Hope this creep gets punished, and apologizes to this guy, who was only doing his job.

Talk about the polar opposite of "water off a ducks back". He could use some therapy, meditation, or medication. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, captspectre said:

looks like the thai did put his hand on the guys chest, and stand in front of him. the American did not appear to hit the thai, he just threw him to the ground. 

And it appears the "broken arm" (if broken, because you can't believe everything you read) happened due the Thai guy falling heavily onto his own arm. Not due to a blow inflicted by the American guy (which is what you might think from reading the article). 

Like others have said, CCTV clips from other cameras showing what happened before the attack should be released. 

• Like 1