VIDEO: American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport "because his flight was cancelled"

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

One more quality American with schizophrenia. 

I cannot diagnose a mental illness from a news article, nor judge who is "quality" or not.

I am not a doctor, lawyer, policeman or mystic. I leave that to others.

After viewing the beginning of the video I can see the Thai placing his hand on the chest of the American.  In certain parts of the USA that constitutes an assault.  Personal space is paramount for Americans and any entry to that space without an invitation calls for severe consequences.  I know of parts of America where honking your horn is enough to make a driver get out with his weapon and accost you.  I personally think that was the case here.  It is just that his response was way overboard.  I suspect that he will be shaken down for all the money he has and released.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1

Really need to see what happened before the clip. Pushing a fist into someone's chest isn't a good idea if they are stressed, especially if he was shouting something along the lines of  "HEY YOU YOU YOU" as these touts tend to do. I suspect the Thai guy was being a bit of a <deleted> and the American over-reacted. 

If he really did break his arm it could get expensive. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if that is a lie to extract more cash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

In the video the Surasuk was blocking the American with his arm. The American said something like "Excuse me" why are you blocking me and after a long flight was all het up and had had enough. Judo threw him Putin style to the ground. He's then in a room being interview by 3 hardened Army boys listening to some wet drip Muslim woman talking to them both like naughty school kids.

Absolute Southern fairy nonsense by the authorities. Well done to the American! As for you lot, you've all gone full Thai. What a shock you'd all have on a night out on the p1ss in the Jolly U.K up North that is. You'd be sucking your thumb and shouting for your mummy, wet blankets.

And he already got his sign back...

In the space of a few days we have two farang with severe anger management issues, one kills his wife and the other attacks a stranger in the airport. Many times this is really control issues, or lack thereoff. I would be angry if my hair was receding in strange places like his...joke!

i hope we hear what his eventual punishment turns out to be. If my plane is cancelled I usually listen to music on my iPod and relax, or read a book. I certainly didn't know there was a third option of attacking strangers in the airport on CCTV cameras for playback later on international news. One hopes this pathetic person is not in a relationship with a good Thai woman.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, saakura said:

Complete idiot, the farang. Lucky he did not crack the skull of the Thai. The Thai should be compensated AND the idiot should be locked up for a few weeks.

I totally agree, this type of behavior is so unwanted, I wish I was there to show him up, send the Pr**k home with his a*s in a sling 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, saakura said:

Complete idiot, the farang. Lucky he did not crack the skull of the Thai. The Thai should be compensated AND the idiot should be locked up for a few weeks.

In Australia we have laws mostly know as one punch attacks  or unprovoked attacks.  If you did this in Aus you would get the 1 year mandatory prison sentence...longer if you punch a policeman.  Then you would have to defend civil action and  compensation before you could leave the country.  An attack like that maybe $50,000 cash up front would be about right.  Then you could go home.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, saakura said:

And banned from ever entering the country again! Imbecile.

• Like 1

Those long flights with bad connections are rough on people. Funny no one remembers this!

Still, if this guy was medicated, ... guess what happens when you have big pharma ruling the FDA and medicating everyone for nothing + neo-capitalism? Wait for your 2 min. ads now, with a beautiful woman selling you ...

Maybe it is time for some to start eating better food (pizzas with faux-cheese anyone), drink less, work less to pay for the 2 mansions and 3 wives, sleep more (with one wife),... Maybe it is time for governments to stop opening the brown envelope. Maybe it is time for women and men to start voting better people in (not the most charismatic or the most handsome/beautiful).

Anyway, next week, we will get someone from France, Russia,... or Thailand doing the same. Connect the dots. 

• Like 1

From what I see on cc the gringo has nothing in his hand. The Thai has his board and seems to be impeding the gringo, poking him in the chest while talking smack. The gringo hip checks him and body slams the Thai. Once he determines the Thai is no longer a danger the gringo backs off. Anyone who has watched male Thai behavior and pack mentality in the news, youtube ect  might be inclined to be proactive in such a situation. If anything he should have given exiting a try but we don't have the beginning of the tap. The fact someone had begun taping tells me there was some prelude leading up to this. 

• Like 1

Yes, the video clearly shows the Thai gent with his arm across the American's chest. To me it looks as though the Thai chap is barring the way forward so I would ask why? Rather seems that some happened prior. Unfortunately, this produced an over reaction by Mr. Philips and not really a good idea. Apart from a broken arm which would rank as GBH (I think) there's a massive loss of face here too and may cost even more than the broken arm.

5 minutes ago, Ridler said:

Before everyone gets all righteous, look at the film and he Thai man was assaulting him and the American used force as self defense 

In Thailand, it really does not matter WHO "started" the fight. The foreigner is ALWAYS at fault for not accepting whatever the Thais dish out. It is the way of life here.

15 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I am pleased to see that the TVF Mental Health Assessment Team have manage to make a full diagnosis of the individual concerned, from a few seconds of video.

Additionally they have recommended a course of treatment, incarceration for up to 10 years.

Well done chaps, you are so astute.

I hope that you all never suffer from mental illness, for you may find yourself in gaol, instead of getting appropriate treatment.

Mental Illness?..I don't think so unless being a jack ass counts as mental illness. He should be sent to the monkey house and then blacklisted.

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" He told the police that he didn't know what he was doing"

He's not allowed to say that,that's reserved for Thai's only.

regards worgeordie

9 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Shocking thing to say about people whose country you live in.

There is a certain ring of truth to what worgeordie said.

• Like 1