Video: Yet again! Car driver refuses to pull over for ambulance as heart patient struggles for life

webfact

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm not your personal Google assistant, but maybe you should learn to use the search function before giving someone a negative emoji for his post

It's too complicated for me... :cheesy:  I will permit you to serve me for now though... :passifier:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

A friend of mine, who is an emergency doctor and regularly rides the ambulance, loves to take over the speaker system from the driver and yell at anybody who does not move out of the way quickly enough. She does keep it (relatively) polite, which might be the reason why it often helps in speeding others to move out of the way.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

To be fair the car was on the road first and second at the next red light not an option all perfectly reasonable as the driver felt fine and was in no pain. 

The rule is that when an ambulance comes behind you you have to pull over , the ambulance has right of passage .  You cannot say you didn't see or hear an ambulance with flashing lights and siren blaring .  Many Thais have no idea that the right hand lane is for overtaking .  An ambulance has priority over all other traffic .  

3 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Install a proper good HD dash-cam witch is able to read/ record plates also in every ambulance and then together with the vdo footage make a complaint at the proper police station. Maybe is helps a bit in future. It's not expensive nowadays.

Are there laws that say you have to give way to emergency services?

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

To be fair the car was on the road first and second at the next red light not an option all perfectly reasonable as the driver felt fine and was in no pain. 

And so it will continue... Hmmm, the traffic video that I was required to watch states that drivers are required to allow the emergency vehicle to pass. Law breaking car with license visable needs 1). to be turned in to law enforcement for prosecution in court and 2). put on social/public media. BS to allow defamation of the law breaker...

4 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

There are lots of other behavioural things you can discover and regret at your leisure. Surviving in Thailand requires a highly developed  ability to ignore what doesn't sit well with you on the basis that it probably isn't going to change any time soon or at all.

It's worth remembering that the Thai culture reflects the Thai people. It is by comparison with developed-world values, very primitive and self-obsessed, some would say narcissistic, as reflected in this article. Giving way to others on the road reflects an acknowledgement of lack of 'pooyay-ness' and for most Thais I have known, that's just not on if you're in the middle classes and need to show everyone how important you are..

Spot  on!!

• Like 1

Wow, seems that some of us more intelligence farangs, dont even know what the law is, or maybe just trying to see a way to keep driving and not pull over. Use your F......g head! even if there was no law, that you must give way, just try to use some common sense! Yes, you will lose ten seconds of your precious time, but can make it up, when you run the next red light!  

I have been here for 10 years. During most of these years, drivers did not move over for emergency vehicles. However, in the last year I have seen a huge improvement. Obviously, the drivers must have video equipment to turn over to police to prosecute violators. It is a very simple solution.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Install a proper good HD dash-cam witch is able to read/ record plates also in every ambulance and then together with the vdo footage make a complaint at the proper police station. Maybe is helps a bit in future. It's not expensive nowadays.

The perp could say he/she/it was making an emergency text (sext?) on a life-or-death issue - case dismissed.

Edited by MaxYakov

Is asking a task for drivers to observe any happenings on the road by looking in the rearview mirror.

What with checking FB and looking at the road ahead through the array of amulets.

Also cannot hear the siren for the loud chattering going on between all passengers.

• Like 1