Buying coffee beans 1kg or more in Samui

Try Makro in Bo Phut – up hill between Tesco-Lotus and BigC – or Makro in Lamai, they sell wholesale to hotels and restaurants. I think there also is a specialized coffee shop in Bo Phut, close to The Wharf on opposite site of the Ring Road, if my memory serves me right; a coffee-expert user will probably be able give more correct information about the present bean-situation...:smile:

On 20/04/2018 at 1:51 AM, PoorSucker said:

Do you want roasted or fresh? 

Roasted. I saw a shop from the car around Bo Phut which looked like coffee seller. Will check today or tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for all suggestions.

I bought 0.5kg pack from Makro, but I'm going to try the Red Cliff coffee after finishing it.

I found a few sellers on Lazada, including the well known DoiChang coffee. This is my other option as everything so far I've ordered through Lazada came without any issues.

I have a coffee company in Chiang Mai and sell to a few hoels in samui now.  I can sell at lowest 450 kg with 10 kg minimum, packed in 500 gm bags. + shipping. Mine is 100 % organic, dark or light roasted, not bitter at all. very aromatic.

www.rosettecoffee.com

• 4 weeks later...

There is an Italian cafe on the ring road, on right hand side going from Makro to Fisherman’s Village. I can’t remember the name. Big place near Samui Water Tech I think. Next to Pure Estate agents.

He has a coffee roasting machine there, so it might be worth a try.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, phetphet said:

There is an Italian cafe on the ring road, on right hand side going from Makro to Fisherman’s Village. I can’t remember the name. Big place near Samui Water Tech I think. Next to Pure Estate agents.

He has a coffee roasting machine there, so it might be worth a try.

Casa Italia is the name. They sell roasted coffee but its nowhere cheap. They also not roast every day but they do roast every week, so freshness is depends on what day you buy.

Redcliff was very good a few years ago, now not so good. I'm disappointed with roasted coffee (medium / full city) from redcliff nowadays.

Hillkoff fresh roast is also not very fresh.

Makro has boncafe but I never managed to bought anything newer than 2-3 weeks with boncafe from Makro. Usually 1 month or older roasted beans...

18 hours ago, muratremix said:

Casa Italia is the name. They sell roasted coffee but its nowhere cheap. They also not roast every day but they do roast every week, so freshness is depends on what day you buy.

Redcliff was very good a few years ago, now not so good. I'm disappointed with roasted coffee (medium / full city) from redcliff nowadays.

Hillkoff fresh roast is also not very fresh.

Makro has boncafe but I never managed to bought anything newer than 2-3 weeks with boncafe from Makro. Usually 1 month or older roasted beans...

Casa italia. That's the place. Perhaps the OP could ask the owner what day he roasts and put in a pre-order if he wants really fresh.

HTH

Archived