Video: Woman pick-up driver runs over motorcyclist but says she didn't flee the scene!

snoop1130

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

Haha the guy who comes running out with the black vest then does a quick u turn cracks me up. 

Another guy brought a toolbox it seems, what was that? He saw it happening, grabbed his toolbox and run to the victim within a second.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

That leaves me speechless :)

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

And must be fined at least 200 Baht

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Mate, she needs flogging at the post!

How? I mean, How can you not see a motorbike in the middle of your path?

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Maybe her guide dog was at the wheel?

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

As you say, hard to miss if you happen to be looking at the road. Perhaps she was busy on her phone? The most important thing in he life of many people including Thais.  Peheaps the mc rider was nearly another  FB or Line victim.

Years ago in Chonburi I had an accident when turning right onto a dual carriageway from a side road.

I crossed the carriageway to the centre (same as the woman in the video). When there was no oncoming traffic, I turned right into the inside lane.

Immediately I had done that, a motorbike taxi with a passenger pulled out from some waste ground alongside the dual carriageway right in front of me, without looking. I hit the bike, there was no way to avoid it. I wasn’t going fast as I’d had only just completed the right turn.

The motorbike taxi driver got up and started swearing at me. His passenger ran off.

A couple of other drivers from the same stand (20 metres away) came over. One asked the driver if the was sober yet – no one realised I knew what they were saying.

Police were called and arrived pretty quickly. The police officer looked at the two vehicles and the marks on the road and immediately laid into the taxi driver for pulling out in front of oncoming traffic. We ended up at the police station, along with my insurance company’s representative.

I didn’t even need to tell the police about the driver’s apparent drinking, as he was deemed guilty and fined 400 Baht.

He had his band new bike impounded by the police at the request of my insurance company, until he paid for the minor damage to my pickup.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Distraction!

So what was the reason she failed to see the motorcycle as it was right on her bonnet and failing to stop immediately!

She appeared to be moving forward while either looking in another direction or not looking at all!

looking at the clip,looking left she saw a vehicle approaching,so doeing what all good thais do pull out quickly and get in front off never mind whats in her sights.as most cant see over the bonnet they cant afford a cushion..

53 minutes ago, Thian said:

Another guy brought a toolbox it seems, what was that? He saw it happening, grabbed his toolbox and run to the victim within a second.

I guessed it was a first aid kit, but how many people at roadside have first aid kits.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

If you notice only the head of the motorcyclist appears above the hood of the truck AND the lady in the truck, Her head is PROBABLY not any higher than the steering wheel in the truck, so of course you can't see ANYTHING in front of the truck. She just got lucky not running the biker over at the + before turning!

11 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Good to learn the motorcyclist was not too badly injured, but honestly...

Not safe for Thai,s but safe for farang!!! 

I hope the Police did serve the correct punishment to that mindless idiot pickup driver. She should be banned. Period!

I doubt she will get a harsh penalty.  From the appearance of her p.u., she's well-to-do.  Accordingly, the police will let her off easy.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's called texting... me thinks 

12 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Actually the moto victim was very lucky the pickup ran up on top of the bike allowing the engine/tranny to clear the rider and then miss the back wheels. Whole bunch of ways to end up dead there.

Looks like a modified rig too with higher ride-height and bigger (taller) wheels so I guess that all worked in the motorcyclist's favour. All the gods must've been smiling at her that day.

As for Kaysorn the truck driver, it seems like the motorcycle was in Kaysorn's blind spot in the beginning (hidden by the truck's A-pillar AND the higher ride height) and Kaysorn would've been looking the other way at oncoming traffic before making sure her path was clear (wrong sequence I know) but, as soon as the motorcycle was in front of her, and at the point where the truck hit the bike, Kaysorn would've seen the bike, and could've stopped. Or maybe she did try to stop, but in her panic, stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal? That would explain why the truck looked like it was 'powering' over the bike. Just guessing here.

Statement to police: "Ok, this is the gas pedal and this is the brake pedal. Or is it the other way around? I get so confused between the two!"

That truck appears to be jacked-up pretty high since only the very top of the biker's helmet was above the hood line. The driver still should have felt/heard the impact with the motorbike. Yet another reason that it's risky business for motorbikes (and bicycles) to not be sharing the road ("motorbike disease") with larger, four-wheeled vehicles.

13 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

Only lane closest to her. The car coming from behind was far enough away, plus should not have been in that lane anyway.

14 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Well 20 hours of driving lessons will not help one iota. More like 3 months in jail would certainly concentrate the mind . 

I think 20hrs would make a huge difference... Majority of drivers here have zero hrs of proper lessons, so 20 mandatory with a qualified instructor would go a long way in cutting down the accident rate..

Just my opinion though, maybe 3 months in jail would improve her road awareness !!

13 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

A complete lack of respect for the law and others, overwhelming evidence of stupidity :post-4641-1156693976:

13 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Actually the moto victim was very lucky the pickup ran up on top of the bike allowing the engine/tranny to clear the rider and then miss the back wheels. Whole bunch of ways to end up dead there.

Are you saying the Rider was a Tranny ?  :biggrin:

Archived