Video: Woman pick-up driver runs over motorcyclist but says she didn't flee the scene!

snoop1130

17 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

That leaves me speechless :)

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

Yes, but be fair. Perhaps she was texting to someone important, watching a new FB video, or gossiping on the phone whilst sipping Chai Yen!

Apologies, wai, 500 baht fine, and good to go.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you see this every where in thailand, they have tunnel vision and can only consentrate on  one thing at a time, she was watching the small white car coming on her left, nothing else mattered ,a clear case of tunnel vision, the women on the bike was not there  in her vision, that is why she kept going for a bit, as to her  the bike was not there , you have to watch there every move as they just can not see every thing that is happening around them 

Seems legit.

I'm more concerned about the sedan stopping to check, as well as all the other people coming out to help. Seems like it's been staged and not the thainess I'm used to. I'll see myself out now /whistles

18 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

I would say at least 100hrs driving lessons ! 

It is quite feasible that the woman driver in the pickup is slightly built and struggles to see over the steering wheel, that combined with a glaring sun would have initiated the accident, she certainly did not do it on purpose, panic then ensued and she crossed the other lanes.

9 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Probably not a popular statement; but, I encounter motorcyclists everyday I'd like to run over.  You can be the safest driver in the world; and, still never be able to predict what some of these people on motorcycles are going to do.  

I can't disagree with you in general, and of course the reverse it's true: I'd like a missile launcher on my scooter to take care of some car drivers.

However, in the specific case, please look at the video and tell us what was at fault with the poor scooter driver.

Years ago, in Colorado

two high school boys with orange vests on

were riding their motorcycles on dirt road, 

rifles slung over their shoulders,

during deer hunting season.

A hunter shot both of them mistaking them for deer.

Cops do it all the time.

it seem like many thai's on the roads,  have NO respeckt for others, and others lifes..!!    i my selv try it on my body,  when a thai on a moto-bike just turn from the out lane to the inner lane without looking back if there is coming others on the raod..!!  and there i came on a motobike also,  when he drive just in front of me,  and i can not do anything not to hit his motobike,  and i crash on my motobike trying not to hit him,, and brake my hand and arm..  and still now aboute 6 mounth later i can still not use my hand so well and stille have lot of pain in my hand..!!  it seem that to many dont know haw to drive on the roads.  it is to easy to get e licens i thailand...!!  MANY are still not fit to drive on the roads..!!   they need a lot more training,  before they get the licens to drive..!!

21 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

Agree 100% ban her from drive, unfortunately I believe she will get a slap on her wrist and a 500 bath fine. 

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

It is quite feasible that the woman driver in the pickup is slightly built and struggles to see over the steering wheel, that combined with a glaring sun would have initiated the accident, she certainly did not do it on purpose, panic then ensued and she crossed the other lanes.

Okay, so she's no entitled to drive the vehicle. There's no right to drive a vehicle if you can't do it safely. 

In 2014 alone there were almost 17k of road accidents where people fled the scene...in the UK. 

Numbers are increasing every year. 

Imagine that..good old britain whwre everyone is honest etc etc. 

Opens ones eyes somewhat to the fact that it is npt phenomenon peculiar to thailand regardless of how unpalatable that is to some.

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Mate, she needs flogging at the post!

How? I mean, How can you not see a motorbike in the middle of your path?

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Maybe her guide dog was at the wheel?

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

Sadly she looked pretty much like the average Thai driver to me.

14 hours ago, Thian said:

Another guy brought a toolbox it seems, what was that? He saw it happening, grabbed his toolbox and run to the victim within a second.

How could you tell that it was a tool box?  You couldn't see if he grabbed it when he saw the accident.  Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't but perhaps he was carrying it when he saw the accident, why should he abandon it?  

Maybe it was a first aid box?

4 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

In 2014 alone there were almost 17k of road accidents where people fled the scene...in the UK. 

Opens ones eyes somewhat to the fact that it is npt phenomenon peculiar to thailand regardless of how unpalatable that is to some.

Pathetic comparison. The Thai apologists had to chime in on this thread and try to justify the usual "driver fled the scene. Sad.

13 hours ago, moe666 said:

Believe it are not Thais do help accident victims...

40 years ago I hit a couple kids broadside on their motorbike.  They cut behind a box truck and ran a stop sign at a t-intersection and suddenly appeared.  Being a talented farang rider, I showed them my Superman impression.  Flew over the handlebars and down a ditch embankment.  It was a sleepy little checkpoint outside of town with few houses.  Before I knew it, there were people all over the place, dusting me off, straightening a few bent parts and putting me back on the bike. They even gave me a shove in the right direction toward town.  Kind of like a pit stop in a race. 

13 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

Having checked that the lady was OK, the dog later told tnews.com that he himself had experienced several close shaves at the same intersection.  :laugh:

Tnews later learned that the one-eyed, castrated dog with the limp is named "Lucky".

On 19/04/2018 at 11:54 PM, Dmaxdan said:

From police station to the opticians me thinks. I wonder what help the dog actually provided?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

He is a sniffer dog, there to determine where the fleeing motorist went .....

Unfortunately, the video cuts out just as he was about to give chase.

On 20/04/2018 at 7:01 PM, Expatthailover said:

Immigration numbers are also increasing each year.

Archived