Video: Woman pick-up driver runs over motorcyclist but says she didn't flee the scene!

snoop1130

Car driver aside, the motocyclist didn't have much situational awareness either. Everyone knows you don't cross in front of a pickup in Thailand. It's not going to stop. In this case it actually appears to accelerate to get over the bike.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The most remarkable bit of the clip is people actually came to her aid astounding.

Not sure where you hang out, I've taken a tumble twice here inn Pattaya and always had several run over to help me up.. get me a stool to sit, clean my scrape and bring me a bottle of water..very nice folks..:smile:

I first saw this clip on my FB page but there weren't any details. I just couldn't believe it...what does the driver think? It's a cross country rally and hitting the occasional bump. Absolutely no regard for anything or anyone else. Should be banned from driving.

10 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

Not sure where you hang out, I've taken a tumble twice here inn Pattaya and always had several run over to help me up.. get me a stool to sit, clean my scrape and bring me a bottle of water..very nice folks..:smile:

You may need view more clips other than your own personnel experience that sounded very commendable.

1 hour ago, outsider said:

Looks like a modified rig too with higher ride-height and bigger (taller) wheels so I guess that all worked in the motorcyclist's favour. All the gods must've been smiling at her that day.

As for Kaysorn the truck driver, it seems like the motorcycle was in Kaysorn's blind spot in the beginning (hidden by the truck's A-pillar AND the higher ride height) and Kaysorn would've been looking the other way at oncoming traffic before making sure her path was clear (wrong sequence I know) but, as soon as the motorcycle was in front of her, and at the point where the truck hit the bike, Kaysorn would've seen the bike, and could've stopped. Or maybe she did try to stop, but in her panic, stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal? That would explain why the truck looked like it was 'powering' over the bike. Just guessing here.

That's exactly the way I interpreted the video. 

It seems apparent that upon impact the driver of the pickup panicked and 'powered' over the bike then the curb. 

In short: This lady was clearly unfit to drive. I wonder how and where she obtained her driving licence. 

It's also clear how many have obtained their licence with the minimal of training - these 'accidents' are unfortunately par for Thailands course until serious attention is paid to these issues. 

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

That leaves me speechless :)

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

what driving lessons?  there are none.  which is why this stuff happens in the first place.

one day the penny will drop and they Thais will realise they need to be taught some things.

Learning to drive should be the number one priority here.

2 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

what driving lessons?  there are none.  which is why this stuff happens in the first place.

one day the penny will drop and they Thais will realise they need to be taught some things.

Exactly, which is why I wrote that I think she should have lessons !

See the fate of the motorcycle driver? This, and a lot of similar accidents are the true reason why I no ride motorcycle at Thailand. I am drive only my car, a slight better option for survival the traffic.

I see many farang drive, and adapting to the local driving style. Explanation: they drive on the same method.

11 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

Oh come on; every Thai is a legend in their own mind and they are far too 'clever' to want to learn anything !

16 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

Oh... I'm sure the 'Penny has dropped'.... no one really cares at all, starting from those right at the top in positions of decision making power - The apathy towards the most basic safety here is criminal in many other nations. 

14 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The most remarkable bit of the clip is people actually came to her aid astounding.

Believe it are not Thais do help accident victims, the fairy tale about them being lazy, not coming to assiatance, and a few others is that a fairy tale.

A few years ago I crashed on the number 1 highway near UThai Thani and the trucker behind me blocked the road and he got out of the truck to help me. Stop spreading lies

are the cattle metal guards on the front of the pickup for running people over. unbelievable survival.........actually even worse than the the last incident because the lady was going so slow. she could have easily stopped this attack.........is it just me or are the thais driving worse now than last year?

I just have to laugh and shake my head at some posts.   Here we have a Woman minding her own business and going about her day when a Buffoon who cares nothing for her fellow Human Beings comes along and flattens her and her Motorcycle; yet some people post that she is 'Lucky' or it was 'her lucky day', or 'it worked in her favour', or 'The Gods must have been with her' and other nonsensical rubbish !!

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

That leaves me speechless :)

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

normal thai driving style aka .  sabai sabai driving . akin to sabai sabai walking where people routinely walk right into you despite eyes open

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Mate, she needs flogging at the post!

How? I mean, How can you not see a motorbike in the middle of your path?

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Maybe her guide dog was at the wheel?

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

How cannot see:
1. eyes on her mobile phone - others can stop and get out of her way (If she doesn't come from behind)
2. too short for this big car - cannot see what happens aroud
3. stupid and careless - pockets full of money, so no need to care about a motorbike anyway
Just my thoughts so far...

Was the motorbike not in the wrong lane for turning right, she should have been on the other side of the pick-up. But however, the pick-up driver should have gone to Specsavers, knowing how Thai motorcyclists ride.

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Mate, she needs flogging at the post!

How? I mean, How can you not see a motorbike in the middle of your path?

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Maybe her guide dog was at the wheel?

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

Probably too busy looking at her mobile phone to see anything in front of her!

Archived