Relva Ellipta 200/25

Swimman

A friend needs this medication which is listed in MIMs as being available in Thailand but she has not been able to obtain it in Phuket. Does anyone know where it can be obtained? I have emailed the distributor(Zuillig Pharma) but have received no reply.

(NB - The lady is elderly  and travel is problematic for her)

If it is available in any Phuket pharamcy  (which I can't guarantee), it will be here:

Santi Pharmacy - in town

50 Ranong Road, Talad Nuea tel 076-211-531

If they don't have it, ask if they will order it. They may be more willing tio do that if she purchases say a year supply.

If this fails the only other likley source in Phuket would be Bangkok Phuket Hospital, but she would have to first see a doctor and pay for consultation plus there will be a large mark up on the drug (which is going to be expensive to begin with, being an import)

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If it is available in any Phuket pharamcy  (which I can't guarantee), it will be here:

Santi Pharmacy - in town

50 Ranong Road, Talad Nuea tel 076-211-531

If they don't have it, ask if they will order it. They may be more willing tio do that if she purchases say a year supply.

If this fails the only other likley source in Phuket would be Bangkok Phuket Hospital, but she would have to first see a doctor and pay for consultation plus there will be a large mark up on the drug (which is going to be expensive to begin with, being an import)

Thank you for the suggestion. 

This is an expensive medication in the west (Breo Ellipta) so paying for a years supply may be beyond this ladies means -- If this is going to fall into the too hard basket I will suggest she contacts her physician in her own country for suggestions about an alternative medication. 

They might let her purchase monthly if she just guarantees to get it every month (or however long 1 lasts her)- the point being, a pharmacy is not going to want to place an order, which will have to come from Bangkok,  for just 1 unit nor order more and have them go unsold. IF they do not have it in stock (they might) , tell them she lives here and will be buying it every month and can they order it for her.

She might indeed be able to save some money by changing to fluticasone propionate/salmeterol, so should indeed ask her doctor about that. AFAIK it is equally effective for most people. That too is expensive in brand name Seretide, but there is a brand from Cipla (Indian maker of genetics, usually OK quality) called Seroflo here which will be less. While you are checking in availability of Relva/ellipta at Santi pharmacy also ask about this for future reference.

Once again thanks.  My wife(a Thai lady) has just spoken to Santi and they do not stock Relva nor are they interested in ordering it on any basis.(My wife describes them as being aggressively unhelpful!)

We will now contact the BKK hospital but failing that we will take up your suggestions and put them to the ladies doctor.