Nissan dealer - blue book problems

Joinaman

Anyone had any problems with their Nissan dealer regarding getting paperwork after buying car

Bought a Nissan Almera last year, seemed ok so no worries

Go to get it taxed and insured this year, find out I have no blue book

Go back to Nissan dealer in Nakhon Phanom, told to come back next week

Next week go back, told I need to bring copies of all the paperwork for the car. When I say no, you have it all in the back rooms, they say they cannot find any for my car

I go back the following week with the papers, hand them in, told to come back in about 3 weeks, but will ring me before

3 weeks later, no call, go to dealer, told they need my passport but to bring back after Songkran

Go down this morning with passport, told nobody here, come back in 3 hours !!

Get a call 2 hours later telling me to go to the land transport place with. Y passport,, leave my shopping trolley and go down there to find nobody there

30 minutes later Nissan lady turns up, takes passport and gets a copy the. Says will need to come back in about 3 hours

Tell her to get stuffed, will call at Nissan dealers on the ways home, need to get shopping done first

Get a call again about 2 hours later telling me to come down and get the blue book from the land transport quickly, cos she wants to go home and will not be going back to dealership

Told her to go forth and multiply, cos I'm in the middle of shopping

So 7 weeks, 7 separates visits and still no blue book

Got to go down on Monday to get it, another visit, another 80k trip

Think I need to get the manager out and tell him what I really think about this shambles, and also to tell the lady to shove my book and everything else where the sun don't shine

Am totally pissed off with what should have been a simple thing to sort out

Think I might even be asked to pay 500 baht for the book too,

Anyone else had these sort of problems or is just me again

Sorry for the rant, but been boiling over all day with this

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you read the post I did everything they asked, 

but why not be honest and tell me they have lost the paperwork 

why not tell me I need to bring passport with me

why arrange to meet at dealership, then tell me to wait 3 hours

why then ring me and say I have to get to lad transport quickly, without even asking what I'm doing

why, when we arrange to collect book from dealership, she says she won't be going back, ( maybe 2 kilometres) and I have to collect another day

you want me to smile and say ok, I do another 80 k round trip just for your mistakes and laziness 

you think I should be happy it's taken 7 weeks to get something that should be one day ?

11 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

If you read the post I did everything they asked, 

but why not be honest and tell me they have lost the paperwork 

why not tell me I need to bring passport with me

why arrange to meet at dealership, then tell me to wait 3 hours

why then ring me and say I have to get to lad transport quickly, without even asking what I'm doing

why, when we arrange to collect book from dealership, she says she won't be going back, ( maybe 2 kilometres) and I have to collect another day

you want me to smile and say ok, I do another 80 k round trip just for your mistakes and laziness 

you think I should be happy it's taken 7 weeks to get something that should be one day ?

Why wait a year to realise you have no blue book? Pretty common knowledge that the dealer issues the blue book shortly after purchase, or did you just get off the turnip truck?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

It is

so why did they not issue it ?

i got a packet full of paperwork,, I assumed that everything was correct in there

i now know the missing book is called a blue book, cos it's blue, but I didn't know that when I bought the car, sO never noticed it missing

everything was kept in the glove box if needed

Should I be all smiles and thank you's to incompetent staff ?

how many times should I smile and say , it's ok, I go drive another 80 kilometres and waste another day, just cos you forgot to do your job properly

. 1- 3-5-7 times ?? 

Bought it December 2016

got the standard plates in February 

only realised no book when I took all the paperwork to the tax office to renew tax and insurance 

firat time I have done this so just took all the paperwork that was issued to me when I bought the car

Luckily they allowed me to tax it with the paperwork supplied but said I need to get the blue book

still waiting for the book !

yup

and all the other paperwork too

which is why i have  been running back and forth with copies of everything

i asked why i am having to supply the copies, why cant they do the copies themselves

i gave then all the papers i had, but they said i should supply the copies

Then either told me i need more copies, need passport, or that nobody here today, come back next week , hence the 7 weeks and 7 visits and still no book

sorry about the rant but not a happy bunny today

had 2 hour wait in bank to get paperwork for immigration, given wrong papers so had to go back and wait again

Had trolley with lots of things in when told to go quickly to land transport to meet nissan lady., left the trolley and rushed to meet her, only to wait nearly 30 minutes later she turns up,

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did you pay cash for the car ? If so, they got your money so why should they now be helpful !! Thailand rocks on the customer service front, it might even be the hub :)

you may be right

but by the same reasoning, why should i be polite ?

what  said to me was, you come to me now to collect the book, even though your busy, or you will have to drive back to Nissan next Monday. cos i;m too busy to drop it off at Nissan, even though that was what we agreed

So i will treat here with the contempt that i feel she deserves when i go to collect the book

but i will insist the manager gives me the book, not her

8 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

You are doing well being mad about yourself. The black plates come with the blue book, and if you don't have it - well - your problem lies about one year in the past. Good luck anyway.

the book come with the plates ?

not at Nissan they don't, they come after i'm told by them

and cos the salesman left straight after, no book was apparently issued, and the paperwork conveniently lost

not sure if the sale went through the books or not, they wont say

yup its a problem that is supposed to be solved now

she had got the new book apparently, just got to go to the dealers and get it off them

will be interesting to see if they try and charge me 500 baht for the book, 

Edited by Joinaman

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I bought a new Nissan from the dealer at Punnawitti. The blue book came with the white plates, about 3 weeks after I got the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i suppose i should be lucky i got the plates

not sure what the salesman id , or not do, but seems odd that no book and no paperwork has been found

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Because you need your Blue book... 

yes 

will be polite, but firm to the manager, who will give me the book

but if i see the lady, nooooo

I don't understand the thinking here about still smiling and saying thank you to staff who are ignorant, tell lies, and generally don;t know what they are doing

if they do this, then i think its fair to return the favour. If more people did this, maybe they will learn to provide the service they are paid to do

they accepted the fact we were never supplied with the book

bit hard for them to say otherwise anyway, if they have lost the paperwork 

but will not accept any additional payment for the book either, their fault so they should not ask for it

i have wasted many hours and petrol because of their mismanagement so they should be giving me something for my wasted time and money

Edited by Joinaman

I think something is missing in this story.

The blue book is issued by the DLT, not the dealer, together with the white plates and there is no way around that

If the dealer failed to give you the blue book at the time they gave you the plates, and lost it in the mean time, they now have to apply for a replacement of course.

A replacement can only be requested AFTER the owner has filed a police report that he lost the book.

I don't see anywhere mentioned that the OP went to the police station to file a lost book report, and the dealer can not do that for the owner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

The blue book is issued by the DLT, not the dealer, together with the white plates and there is no way around that

If the dealer failed to give you the blue book at the time they gave you the plates, and lost it in the mean time, they now have to apply for a replacement of course.

A replacement can only be requested AFTER the owner has filed a police report that he lost the book.

I don't see anywhere mentioned that the OP went to the police station to file a lost book report, and the dealer can not do that for the owner.

Sounds a way forward ... just go to the police and say the Blue Book is not with your paperwork so it is lost. Commonsense says only the vehicle the owner can  apply for a replacement Blue Book. Of course there then may be two Blue Book's around somewhere ... make sure that you lock the car :smile:

Edited by JAS21

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Nope ,

As far as I was concerned, it was not lost, justnever supplied with the plates/vehicle so

not reported it missing to the police, just to the dealership

didnt know I had to report it, and was not told to by the dealers

I had given the dealers various paperwork each time, and then had to take my passport to the Nissan lady at the DLT ,

not sure what she has done, or said but it seems to have been ok and she has supposed to have got it ready for me to collect

11 hours ago, Joinaman said:

not at Nissan they don't, they come after i'm told by them

Obviously you have been cheated by your dealership. But to say "Nissan" does no justice to the rest of them in Thailand. See posting #15, it seems to work as expected at other branches.

18 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Good luck getting a resolution but making them lose 'face' will delay things forever.  Just sayin'

Is 'just sayin' the same as "know what I'm talkin' about'?

I bought a new pickup from a Toyota dealership a few years back and was driving around with red plates for at least three months. I eventually called the dealership and asked them where my plates were and they said, sat here on the shelf, waiting for you to collect them! I went down to the dealer to get the plates and asked why they hadn't called me, they said that because I am a farang I might have gone back to my country!!!

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Is 'just sayin' the same as "know what I'm talkin' about'?

It's a term used when you say something that could be unpleasant to the listener but you still feel it needed to be said.

Example :  "I think that green shirt really doesn't suit you. Just Sayin' "

Good luck getting a resolution but making them lose 'face' will delay things forever.  Just sayin'

Ahhh
Lose face !!
Maybe if more people made them lose face, they might actually do the job they are supposed to do
Sometimes I just walk away f on them without a word and go elsewhere
Other times I just tell them what I think and do it myself
Wrong ??
Maybe , but I'm too old to put up with some of the crap and bullshit I get from some of them
If they want my custom, then be polite, honest and helpful
In return I will give a big thank you , and often a good tip
Otherwise -----
But will wait till I have the book in my hand before I tell them what I think of their service and staff, lol

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1