Jomtien TM.30 policy for condo owner-occupants on retirement extensions, as of today @ 14.30h

I had a TM.30 in my passport from 2016 for the same address where I live now (my own Jomtien condo) and I returned late Thursday night from a 10-day overseas trip, so wasn't sure if I needed to file a new TM.30 or not.  So, with nothing on the agenda for this afternoon I strolled over the Cholburi Immigrations on Soi 5 with a completed TM.30 form to see.

IF you own your own condo and live in it, and

IF you are on a retirement extension, and

IF you report to Cholburi (Jomtien) Immigrations:

once you have filed a TM.30, you only need to file a new TM.30 IF:

- you move to a new address, or

- receive a new extension

I do NOT know what applies to renters, or folks on other types of extensions or visas.  She wanted to be clear that I lived in my own condo and what my Immigrations status was, so there may be other variations for other living situations and/or visas/extensions.

I was pleased that even though my TM.30 was from 2016, and I had subsequently received new retirement extensions in January 2017 and January 2018, that she didn't issue any fine.

And, again this was as of 23-April-2018 at 2:30pm, in the TM.30 room on Jomtien Soi 5.

Agreed, which is why I date-stamped the post.  I triple-checked with her about the new extension requirement, and she was clear it was a (current) requirement.

One possible bit of corroboration on that point was that last November when I had returned from a previous overseas trip, the gals at the lobby desk told me I needed to update my TM.30 since is was over a year old.  I was subsequently (within a couple minutes) told by Immigrations Officers at the side of the lobby that I didn't need to file a new TM.30 if I were returning to the same address.  Since the line for the TM.30 room was out the front door and into the parking lot and I was still jet-lagged, I just went home.

This thing is becoming so confusing. I was in Soi 5 last week getting a re-entry permit ( going home to Europe for a short holiday). I asked the wife to ask the boss man (they know each other and myself to a lesser degree) "Do I have to notify Soi 5 within 24 hrs. of my return".

I wanted to know for once and for all after all the conflicting stuff I have been reading on this subject...plus the fact that I have never done it before after living here for the past 17 yrs. with trips back home every year or two.......his reply to us was...."No,...You sign 90 days after your return" ...That to me means that nothing has changed in the past 18 years..same same as before?

• Like 1

The Pattaya City Expats Club has noted in their Newsletter that they have received several recent reports (late March and in April) from Expats returning from overseas trip and have long stay retirement extensions that Immigration (Jomtien) have told them if returning to their previous address, which has been reported in the past, they need not file a new TM.30 on their return - this being from Immigration Officers at Information and other desks including Desk 10 (which handles the TM.30 filing).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

The Pattaya City Expats Club has noted in their Newsletter that they have received several recent reports (late March and in April) from Expats returning from overseas trip and have long stay retirement extensions that Immigration (Jomtien) have told them if returning to their previous address, which has been reported in the past, they need not file a new TM.30 on their return - this being from Immigration Officers at Information and other desks including Desk 10 (which handles the TM.30 filing).

That is a potential problem of all these anecdotal reports (including mine.)  The statement by the PCEC is true as far as it goes, but according to the TM.30 room yesterday it's not the ENTIRE policy.  i.e. True that you do not need to report if returning to your previous address, BUT ADDITIONALLY you apparently need to file a new TM.30 when you are granted a new extension.

(soisanuk:  I'm not picking on you.  I'm just using that PCEC newsletter as an example.)

True that you do not need to report if returning to your previous address, BUT ADDITIONALLY you apparently need to file a new TM.30 when you are granted a new extension.

I suppose the one good side to that is that you will already be at immigration, with the relevant documents, to get your new extension and so it's not too inconvenient to ask again about the TM30 while you are there. And they wont be able to fine you for late compliance either.

For what it's worth, I was told exactly the same thing in person as the PCEC are reporting that their members were told.

Was advised by the lady in the TM 30 reporting office regarding such,she checked the dates when I left and arrived back in Thailand,13 days you away for,no need file tm30 report,only do if go outside Thailand more than 14 days,and I'm condo owner occupier in Pattaya.

Was in jomtien today to file my tm 30 after being out of the country for 2 weeks, officer told me that, if you are on a retirement visa, you only need to put in a tm 30 when you do your 90 day reporting if you are returning to the same address, 24/4/2018, so if you are going in and out of the country and don’t do any 90 day reporting, do your tm 30 when you renew your retirement extension,

4 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I rent in Pattaya, retirement extension, left country for Songkran, back to same address, went Immigration 20th, was told no need as well.

Just to add one more - same was told to be today after coming back yesterday after Songkran self-evacuation. Only 90 day reporting needed she told 

On 4/24/2018 at 10:45 AM, Oztruckie said:

Was advised by the lady in the TM 30 reporting office regarding such,she checked the dates when I left and arrived back in Thailand,13 days you away for,no need file tm30 report,only do if go outside Thailand more than 14 days,and I'm condo owner occupier in Pattaya.

...aaaand there we have it:  My opening post didn't stay valid for even 24 hours.

I was clearly told on Monday afternoon that regardless how long I stay out, there was no need to file new TM.30 unless moving to new address and/or getting new extension.  The very next morning, Oztruckie was told there's also a 14-day stay parameter.  <sigh...>

On 4/23/2018 at 3:53 PM, KittenKong said:

When I asked them a month ago I was told the same EXCEPT for the part about needing one when I obtain a new retirement extension which, of course, I do every year.

I wish they would make their minds up: every day brings a new interpretation of what is basically a very simple rule.

A farang volunteer at IO told me that the local bosses are always under pressure to "perform" (whatever that means). Lots of "activity" equals performing in Immigrationland. Keep em hopping and shuffle those papers. Just like every other bureaucracy worldwide.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, dotpoom said:

This thing is becoming so confusing. I was in Soi 5 last week getting a re-entry permit ( going home to Europe for a short holiday). I asked the wife to ask the boss man (they know each other and myself to a lesser degree) "Do I have to notify Soi 5 within 24 hrs. of my return".

I wanted to know for once and for all after all the conflicting stuff I have been reading on this subject...plus the fact that I have never done it before after living here for the past 17 yrs. with trips back home every year or two.......his reply to us was...."No,...You sign 90 days after your return" ...That to me means that nothing has changed in the past 18 years..same same as before?

same for me ...., never left Thailand for 5 years ,total 11 years here, my last address i am on that for 8 years , done all my 90 day rapports..,ret. extensions , 5 year drivers license etc. and never ever any im..officer asked tm 30 ......, s now i leave in may for 16 days Thailand to my country (even just in the window of 90 day rapport..)

So i am curious what go happen /needed by my return...?

whenever i needed certificate for address they replied i a already longtime in the system ....

I am sure they could find a more working system on this disaster document thing..

On 4/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, wpcoe said:

IF you are on a retirement extension

Yes, there seems to be some "special arrangement" between the TM-30 staff and the retirement desk staff.  All other extension types - watch your back (or, rather, your wallet).

good afternoon,

may i pls someone to shed some light on the following tm 30 handling at jomtien immigration :

1. condo owner thai 

2. person renting foreigner, who has his extension of stay done by a visa service, which is also completing the tm30 along with extension.

hence is the thai condo owner still requested to file the tm30 additionally with jomtien immigration within 24 hrs ??

wbr

roobaa01

39 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

good afternoon,

may i pls someone to shed some light on the following tm 30 handling at jomtien immigration :

1. condo owner thai 

2. person renting foreigner, who has his extension of stay done by a visa service, which is also completing the tm30 along with extension.

hence is the thai condo owner still requested to file the tm30 additionally with jomtien immigration within 24 hrs ??

wbr

roobaa01

What forms does your agent make you sign for your extension of stay?

10 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

@maestro  my friend signed tm 7, tm 30, overstay rules

wbr

roobaa01

In that case, the owner does not have to submit a TM.30. One person, either the house-master (you) or the owner or the possessor (you) doing it is enough.