Hottest day of the year so far...

tropo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

There's some thunder and rain showers for 3 minutes. Now almost back to normal.

The three seasons here:

Hot- Hotter and Hottest. 

Yeah, my mercury is heading up again since I made that post 20 minutes ago LOL.

26 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

There's some thunder and rain showers for 3 minutes. Now almost back to normal.

The three seasons here:

Hot- Hotter and Hottest. 

Back in Farangland I used to enjoy sunny days. Now I enjoy and look forward to rainy or overcast days LOL.

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

I find it mildly amusing that Ken Bruce (BBC Radio 2 @ 9.30AM UK) has a running thread on "hottest day of the year", UK maximum is about what it gets down to at night here.

I really do love the weather, never cold except when Madam dials the bedroom A/C to 24, brrrr!

On a plus note it does usually mean that a "cuddle" or other "activity" is on the cards :tongue::tongue:

A/C to 24° way to warm for me. We always sleep at 23° and that is sometimes too warm.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

A/C to 24° way to warm for me. We always sleep at 23° and that is sometimes too warm.

A ceiling fan makes all the difference. Under a ceiling fan I find 27 - 28C is very comfortable and I even need a sheet later in the night when the body has cooled down. Without a ceiling fan, I'd need to drop the A/C temperature at least a few degrees. The humidity is an important factor in comfort too.  

Down to a refreshing 28, & clouding over.

Hope it rains soon, love sitting out on the patio, with a large beer, listening to the rain.

Looking at the weather where my sister lives in the UK, the temperature is 11, & will go down to 9 by Friday.

:goof:

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Massive storm here in Patts this afternoon, power went out twice which was a bit of a bummer but now 18.45 hrs, nice and cool 29 degrees, yesterday indoors was registering 33.5 so a nice change :smile:

Not even a hint of rain near Pratumnak Hill. I saw some storm clouds in the distance, but the related cool air lasted less than 30 minutes.

I had to LOL to your comment "nice and cool 29 degrees". Right now my indoors is showing 30.2c at 74% humidity.

Massive storm here in Patts this afternoon, power went out twice which was a bit of a bummer but now 18.45 hrs, nice and cool 29 degrees, yesterday indoors was registering 33.5 so a nice change [emoji2]
Past by me about midday, lots of rain,thunder and lightning but surprisingly electricity not effected this time..normally just a hint of rain the power goes out if only for seconds (multiple times per storm)

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

Not even a hint of rain near Pratumnak Hill. I saw some storm clouds in the distance, but the related cool air lasted less than 30 minutes.

I had to LOL to your comment "nice and cool 29 degrees". Right now my indoors is showing 30.2c at 74% humidity.

It's really strange how the weather in Patts can be so different with just a few km's between various points, I live on Pattanakarn road on the darkside, and I know your neck of the woods quite well, I had a feeling that what we had today would have been felt over a larger area, but having said that I drink out at the top end of Mabprachan lake and it can piss down over there and be bone dry here and of course vice versa, micro weather systems methinks ? 

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Indoors at 21:00 it is 31.2 and 65% humidity here in rural Khampaeng Phet. In the bedroom I have an outdoor fan and I have never gone past #1 as it would blow me clear off the bed.

I put the a/c on downstairs at lunchtime for me and the kids and it was down to a nice 28 when I went up for my afternoon kip. Upstairs was a bit like a sauna until the fan and the bedroom a/c cooled it down.

I felt sorry for the guys working on the balcony outside who are replacing all the supports. At least they are round the corner in the shade now.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Indoors at 21:00 it is 31.2 and 65% humidity here in rural Khampaeng Phet. In the bedroom I have an outdoor fan and I have never gone past #1 as it would blow me clear off the bed.

I put the a/c on downstairs at lunchtime for me and the kids and it was down to a nice 28 when I went up for my afternoon kip. Upstairs was a bit like a sauna until the fan and the bedroom a/c cooled it down.

I felt sorry for the guys working on the balcony outside who are replacing all the supports. At least they are round the corner in the shade now.

Isn't it amazing how cool 28C can feel? I set my gym at 27C and it feels cold.

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Massive storm here in Patts this afternoon, power went out twice which was a bit of a bummer but now 18.45 hrs, nice and cool 29 degrees, yesterday indoors was registering 33.5 so a nice change :smile:

And, where I live in Jomtien we heard all the thunder, but not a drop of rain fell.  Luckily, the power stayed on the whole time, too.  I had wondered just where the storm was.  My condo faces south so I suspected it must have been north ... in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I turned the downstairs a/c on about 30 minutes ago as it was so hot.

Now we have a thunderstorm and heavy rain.

Some days I can't seem to do anything right.

Not even a sign of rain up on Pratunmak Hill.

Archived