Beware of the sentence "I tink about my lie"

gppower

Looking back to past experiences of relationships with Thai girls, I would like to share my thoughts on a situation that I faced more than once.

After noticing a mood change or a colder attitude, I would ask if something was wrong. The reply would be "I tink about my lie", the closed translation of which could be "I have been reflecting on my life". After trying to narrow down such a broad statement by asking questions, showing empathy, affection and bla bla bla, mostly it all came down to the same thing: they wanted money.

Declarations of love, proposals to found a family and offers of a life abroad were falling on deaf ears or were even looked upon as items that were making the bill higher. The only thing that mattered was cash.

I have to admit that most of the times that happened with working girls for whom I fell for, with one exception though. Additionally, after all, money is what those girls are out for and after playing girlfriend for a while, it is time to drop the mask and focus on the objective of the mission.

Looking back to it, I am soo glad I didn't fall in the trap of a relationship that would have torn me apart at the end. I also find hard to believe how stupid I was to fall for those girls, but it happens to many....

I was just curious if someone has faced the same sentence......which can be interpreted: I tink about my lie = I want money

To the OP, can you say 'ผมคิดเกี่ยวผมชีวิต' (phom khit-keiyw phom chiwit) which is 'I think about my life' in Thai with perfect pronunciation?

If you cannot I find your criticism of slight pronunciation errors of Thai people's English you have encountered rather arrogant.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jay1980 said:

To the OP, can you say 'ผมคิดเกี่ยวผมชีวิต' (phom khit-keiyw phom chiwit) which is 'I think about my life' in Thai with perfect pronunciation?

If you cannot I find your criticism of slight pronunciation errors of Thai people's English you have encountered rather arrogant.

You're being a bit harsh. I didn't see any snark in the OP's post. That is exactly how a Thai person without much English would say "I think about my life."

To the OP: you say they were mostly working girls. Then by definition money's the objective. And most of them have heard protestations of love in the sack countless times only to never hear back in the morning. So you can't blame them for staying focused on the tangible and not realize that you were different (you were right?).

If you really care for someone, working girl or otherwise, to my mind the thing to do is give them what they want first. If it's cash so be it. You will gain their trust, if not affection, that way. Then take it from there.

On the other hand, if you're going to try to talk her into "I no pay money. But I take care you forever." the second time you pick her up from the Thermae, you're not going to get far.

Heck, they play the long game. So can you.

Edited by Bang Bang
  • Like 1

A man just told yesterday me why/how he sent a woman 32000 baht. He met her one time in a Suk 11 bar and bought her one drink since then they chatted online, for a few years.

He has absolutely no idea everything she told him is a complete and obvious lie.

These are master manipulators and play the long game. Naive, generous westerners are no match for these conniving whoors.

The Gullible farang , own worst enemy and create all their own troubles.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jay1980 said:

Never in my post did I criticised the way Thai people speak! I just tried to describe how phonetically that phrase sounds as maaaany people do in maaaany posts here on TV.  Actually, I quite like the thai accent (which is by the way another trap for the Gullible farang)

My post was about a situation some could find themselves in, not a grammar lesson.

You completely misunderstood the point of my post and you accusing me of being arrogant is moronic.

No, I can't pronounce that thai phrase let alone read it, but you don't understand plane english

16 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

To the OP: you say they were mostly working girls. Then by definition money's the objective. And most of them have heard protestations of love in the sack countless times only to never hear back in the morning. So you can't blame them for staying focused on the tangible and not realize that you were different (you were right?).

On the other hand, if you're going to try to talk her into "I no pay money. But I take care you forever." the second time you pick her up from the Thermae, you're not going to get far.

Indeed, indeed, I found myself forgetting the context of things in more than one occasion. I admit to that. Or maybe I thought that the prospect of getting married, moving abroad would outweigh the immediate tangible...it worked for someone.

Was I different? I didn't have the opportunity to prove myself.....

And no, I wasn't trying to get sex for free..LOL

Then again, have some one heard the same sentence?

15 minutes ago, Get Real said:

To the OP: I am sincerely very sad that you have been coming to Thailand and have to relive the same cathastrophic sadness over and over again. I just guess you must be the most unlucky man in the whole wide world.

Okok....it hasn't happened aaaall the times, with aaaall the girls I have met. It happened when, for whatever reason, I met girls for whom I couldn't help falling for, forgetting the "context"...

Having said that, I agree I have been unlucky...

Edited by gppower
  • Like 1