Caught stealing

Matptg

3 hours ago, Petchou said:

Send him back home.   He is showing the potential to  do the wrong things  here.   Just matter of time to  see him. Doing  something  worst. 

Theft is a very serious crime, so let's hope that this guy won't take somebody's I Phone away. 

7 hours ago, Matptg said:

Yes to me sounds like they just wanted to be paid without getting too many troubles. Afyer all the mentioned gym belongs to an hotel

Could be true, I suspect a hotel gym would not want any publicity about members stealing things, could make other gym members / hotel guests uneasy about using the gym - things get stolen here. 

4 hours ago, Matptg said:

I would classify the act as an harmless thing. He never did it before and I think he just wanted to feel cool in somehow by breaking the rule. Small thefts many people have been through. I know the law in Thailand takes everything serious when it comes to theft but however I believe deporting or banning a person to enter the kingdom for a small crime it is way too much. Anyway, he regrets what he's done. The debt has been paid and supposedely the gym didn't take any action for it ( they know where I live, I believe the police would have already showed up otherwise)

You shouldn't be worried, but have a word with him and tell him that he's also bringing you in danger. If it had been an expensive phone from a government official, it would be totally different. Theft in Thailand is a serious crime. 

Well he is young, made a mistake and has paid a price. Give him the benefit of the doubt and if he does it again then you know he has issues. There is nothing cool about stealing. I would make him go back to the gym and face the people and apologise. Thats a lesson not easily forgotten and not pleasant but a healthy way to confront his mistakes.

" He learned the lesson "

Any chance you will tell us what lesson he learned? Look out for CCTV, you can buy your way out of trouble, my relatives will fix it?  Just wondering, they are all valid lessons in Thailand.

My advice is ask him what he's learned, just to make sure you both are on the same track.

Edited by IAMHERE
added my 'advice'
  • Like 1

kick the little prick to the kerb. They take the piss. before you know he will be taking the motorbije (or the car),, "borrowing" mpney and treating you like a an ATM.

We all have made stupid mistakes in judgment. This could turn out to be a good lesson for him without heavy consequences.  I am a firm believer that good people sometimes do stupid things and regret it and don’t repeat it. If the club wanted anything else they would have called the police IMO. 

5 hours ago, Wake Up said:

We all have made stupid mistakes in judgment. This could turn out to be a good lesson for him without heavy consequences.  I am a firm believer that good people sometimes do stupid things and regret it and don’t repeat it. If the club wanted anything else they would have called the police IMO. 

Totally agree. He's a good boy, well mannered, with 2 parents that taught him the right pattern to follow. Just made the wrong thing out of curiosity/stupidity. I am sure he learned the lesson 

8 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Has it occurred to you to take him to task and punish him yourself, rather than simply trying to establish whether he is in any further trouble?

5 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Totally agree. He's a good boy, well mannered, with 2 parents that taught him the right pattern to follow. Just made the wrong thing out of curiosity/stupidity. I am sure he learned the lesson 

8 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Has it occurred to you to take him to task and punish him yourself, rather than simply trying to establish whether he is in any further trouble?

Today I'll take him back to the gym to apologie for what he did. And to make him to thank them for not putting him in further trouble which can cause here to be jailed

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Matptg said:

I work in the hospitality field where small thefts happen every day, from customers and employees. Sometime, just turn blind your eye, that's it. 

Please let us know which hotel you manage.  I certainly wouldn’t want to stay in a hotel where the manager “just turn a blind eye” to theft.

• Like 1

Very unlikely indeed there will be anything further. And he was fortunate the police were not involved as that would only have cost  more money. He has received one of life's lessons, got off lightly, and hopefully will be all the better for it.

Edited by jacko45k

34 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Please let us know which hotel you manage.  I certainly wouldn’t want to stay in a hotel where the manager “just turn a blind eye” to theft.

This comment is out of place and has nothing to do with the topic. Just to let you know any way, I turn an eye blind when I know a customer steals a bottle from the minibar or in that range, or when an employee steals some food from the breakfast room. Of course if something from the room would be missing I would take the thing seriously.

22 minutes ago, Matptg said:

This comment is out of place and has nothing to do with the topic. Just to let you know any way, I turn an eye blind when I know a customer steals a bottle from the minibar or in that range, or when an employee steals some food from the breakfast room. Of course if something from the room would be missing I would take the thing seriously.

Nonsense.  A customer can not steal from a minibar.  In every hotel I have stayed, upon checking out, the front desk sends housekeeping to the room in order to take inventory and then the final bill is tallied.

You seem to think that it was no big deal from your posts

Sometime to learn you need to wrong”  

So one needs to steal in order to learn it is wrong?  ?

”I would classify the act as an harmless thing”

’nuff said

15 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Nonsense.  A customer can not steal from a minibar.  In every hotel I have stayed, upon checking out, the front desk sends housekeeping to the room in order to take inventory and then the final bill is tallied.

You seem to think that it was no big deal from your posts

Sometime to learn you need to wrong”  

So one needs to steal in order to learn it is wrong?  ?

”I would classify the act as an harmless thing”

’nuff said

if you stay in an hotel and a customer "forget" to mention the beverage it got during the last night, let it be. If I chase a customer and catch it had something from the minibar that it didn't declare we may make it feeling uncomfortable and the said customer may badly review the hotel in other regards (bad customer service, no decent breakfast etc...) and this review can potentially cause a loss of money (someone who wants to book the hotel reads the review and decide at the end not to because of the bad feedback). Harmless thing yes, stealing is never good, sometime you have to go through it to understand it. No talking about this any more

Hi everyone,

we just went to the gym, he asked forgiveness to the clerk for what he did and thank the girl for not calling out the police. He only asked me no to take off his sunglasses during it. At the end of it he gave a tip to the girl too.

Thank you all for your thoughts. 

20 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Lucky that the gym were so kind and lenient.

I would suggest cutting his hand off at the wrist just to make sure he realises that not everyone is so understanding. As he probably has two hands, he will learn his lesson yet still be able to write his name etc. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Even if your post is meant to be a joke it isn't at all funny.

Edited by freebyrd
  • Like 1