Bill Cosby, once beloved 'America's Dad,' convicted of sexual assault

webfact

I cannot imagine just taking 3 little blue pills offered to me by anyone! What was the logic? I'll take these pills so he will not take advantage of me. I am not condoning what he did, if it is true, but this was an adult female not some ditsy teenager.

4 hours ago, CharlesSwann said:

Such immoderate language. That proves your reason is swayed by your emotions and therefore your opinion may be comprehensively ignored.

It wasn't rape. They were adults. They knew each other. They voluntarily got themselves into an intimate situation. They weren't locked in. They knowingly took the quaaludes (or whatever it was) and adults should know what that's about.

It's only years later when they learned that it happened to others that they decide they regretted it and to salve their own consciences claim they were 'assaulted'. It's to bolster their own self-esteem and garner the quota of sympathy and attention that society (especially the media) is now too keen to dole out. That much sympathy and attention is irresistible - especially, it seems, to women.

No, I wouldn't want to live in a society where there is no risk-taking, no edge, no personal responsibility for your own actions. Sexual situations involve highly subtle, fluid dynamics. There is some risk, possibly even of some 'depravity'. Good. Where would sex be without a touch of depravity? (to quote Seinfeld).

One simply has to know the routines and act responsibly. If these women were upset at what happened, the judge should tell them to act more responsibly in future. At worst, a moderate compensation might be appropriate - certainly not a destroyed life (not to mention those of Cosby's family too, over whom this will be a punishment forever). That's way out of proportion, and only snowflakes, puritans, and members of the Faith Militant would think it appropriate.

555. I wonder how much he was paid for these endorsements.

6F5B103E-B9EF-4D8D-8B1D-67ECF8D7C8C1.jpeg

10 hours ago, kamahele said:

Well for a start, not drugging them without their knowledge and then raping / molesting them.

Man every time I go out to a bar some bird gets me full of grog and takes me home and molests me but if I took them to court I'd be the laughing stock of the whole world.  Even Ita Buttrose would comment.  :cheesy:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Easy;

- If they harrass people get a court order to keep away.

- If they break the law charge them.

It's a two-way street.

I wonder if I would ever get a court order to keep a nagging wife away?  :cheesy:

.Among other things they're going to have to change the warning label for Benadryl and other antihistamines. Instead of the standard standard  "do not operate heavy machinery" they'll have to add the admonition " you could get raped or send someone to prison".

.Among other things they're going to have to change the warning label for Benadryl and other antihistamines. Instead of the standard standard  "do not operate heavy machinery" they'll have to add the admonition " you could get raped or send someone to prison".

Yep !
They’ll be pulling this off the shelves now I guess !

IMG_5400.JPG

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yep !
They’ll be pulling this off the shelves now I guess !

IMG_5400.JPG

Just so no one gets the wrong idea I'm against rape or any non consensual sex. That said, I've taken that stuff a hundreds of times and it never compelled me to do something I didn't want to do anyway or made me vulnerable to what someone else might do.

12 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Is there a chance Cosby will actually be jailed?

I think if it actually comes down to "tomorrow morning he reports to the jailers to begin his sentence" he would bite the black capsule.

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I think if it actually comes down to "tomorrow morning he reports to the jailers to begin his sentence" he would bite the black capsule.

That would be perfectly understandable but he might have the kind of temperament where he won't go there. 

16 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Are you for real? So drugging potential sex partners is "seduction?" Super creepy. 

Never had a bottle of wine before sex? What's the difference? Just a single glass of wine can radically change a woman's behaviour - a couple of glasses can put her under the table (though everyone is different).

A woman has to take responsibility for getting herself into that situation, aware of mis-read cues etc - that's all part of life. This ruling treats women as if they are generically of diminished responsibility.

• Sad 1

On ‎27‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 6:58 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

I wish this news story and others would stop trying to tie this to the #MeToo movement; it is not really a reasonable proposition. Cosby was accused, tried, acquitted and recharged all before the #MeToo movement really got underway.

I am a firm believer in the concept of innocence until proven guilty and am always wary of a celebrity getting accused; they tend to attract a lot of wackos. However, in  Cosby's case there were over 50 women accusing him of sexual assault and other sex crimes; when there is that much smoke I tend to believe that there is fire. A lot of fire.

It is weird; I remember watching the Cosby show in my younger days and he really was a 'magical' father-figure to many, including me. Yes, I know it was TV, but for a while there I am sure many people thought that it would be nice to have him as a 'Dad'.

To paraphrase; sometimes reality is uglier than fiction.

Rot in jail old man.

He was NOT ACQUITTED HIS trail resulted in a HUNG JURY