Do you let your wife/gf go out regularly with her friends

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

She drinks Lao, has a golden necklace, farang drinks water and is gold less? 

You give to much importance to unimportant details !!! you don't see the honest smiles !!!

• Like 1

''I met a nice looking girl on ThaiCupid and, being naive at the time, took her profile at face value. The discussion was around a more permanent relationship when I moved to Thailand. As time went on a few things about her did not add up. I opened another account on ThaiCupid using a photo I copied from the Internet. Using the fake account I sent a message asking her to meet me at my hotel at 8pm. OK was the reply. I asked for a recent nude photo but was told that she had plenty of photos but only gave them to people she had met and I would see her body that night. I asked how much and she said we would discuss it when we met at the hotel. Using my real account I then asked her for a nude photo as all she had sent me so far were the kind of photos you would send your grandmother. She sent a very indignant reply that she did not sell her body to anybody and did not have any nude photos. I now do this to all the girls I meet online and the results have been interesting. A learning experience as they say."

I do not chat with her any more although I have not said why. I may visit her for what she does best and keep it as friends.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

She drinks Lao, has a golden necklace, farang drinks water and is gold less? 

For a hardened expert with 20 years in-country, you missed the t-shirt with the English words on it.  Dead give-away.   And there's green vegetation behind them, which is ALWAYS found up in Issan, and we all know what THAT means, right?  Wink, Wink!

Newbie mistakes but never mind that.  Keep punching, mate, you'll get there one day.

On 28/04/2018 at 4:01 PM, BobBKK said:

and how old are you?  as for the '40 looks 30' I doubt it Thais women age very badly but that aside if there is a 15 year age gap +++  then of course you are the secure option but not the fun option and she could well have fun 'on the side'. What do you expect if you marry someone obviously much, much younger?  I'm not saying this WILL happen just that it could do... few drink... 30 something guy on the 'hunt'.  You will probably never know.  Thais aren't exactly 'ethically guided' now are they.

Thai women age badly.. So English age gracefully !! 

• Haha 1

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, robblok said:

Sure trust can be abused, if that happens ill find a new GF.

I would not like it if I would not be trusted, so i give my partner the same courtesy. Would you like it if you had a jealous GF that would not allow you to do anything ?

I could not live in a relation where there is no trust. 

Anyway to each his or her own. 

If you don't have trust in your relationship you might as well get out of it

Two things create mistrust

1: Your partner does something to earn that mistrust

2 : The mistrust is created by your own insecurities 

Internatltraveler

Almost all of us men here have come from divorced wives, broken homes and the like, and we come here expecting a submissive, and subservient gf or wife is just what the doctor ordered and then we turn around and treat them like s _ _ t as our servants and slaves. No wonder most of us are not wanted in our own countries and not really loved for much more than our money pits in other cultures...no wonder. The story is right here in front of us....

Could you please stop your very strange assumptions? I was never divorced, I'm not from a broken home and I'm not unwanted in my country of origin.

Time to get a life. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Thou does protest to much, dont you think its time you got over being cheated on and scammed by numerous Bar Girls and just moved on, and stopped stereotyping all Falangs as being Bald, Fat, Boring, me thinks thou art describing oneself and your bitter and twisted attitude shows thru time and time again.   :thumbsup:

I'm happily married and glad that I've learnt my lessons with bar girls. Got it? 

7 minutes ago, Internatltraveler said:

<snip> (with a large machete).

It is truly offensive to read the comments in this topic nearly to the point of being repulsive and sounds like a bunch of cave men sitting around bragging about their many conquests. We have a long ways to go and the road is going to be very bumpy getting there. but we bring this on ourselves!

I like bumpy roads, especially when I have 3 Pattaya Pole Dancers on my lap in a tuk tuk.  They squeal with delight when I do this.

• Haha 2

Of course I do. She's not my slave, and entitled to go out with her friends.

I wouldn't want to be there anyway, she set some kind of record with one of her (female) friends. They met and talked for 6 hours. I don't think any male on the planet can do that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Rather than keep it real let’s keep it on track. Post is about do you let your missus go out, not about taking a pot shot at someone’s wife. 

How is saying the lady looks looks slim and normal a pot shot?

snap out of it drama queen !!!!!

Edited by InMyShadow

Being totally honest, if my wife was out regularly with friends, not arriving home to the early hours of the morning, NO, I would not be happy with that.

Reason: because if a wife needs to frequently go out acting like a single woman, then that means she`s not content and becoming bored in her relationship with her husband. I agree with what one poster said; if this continues it won`t be long before she begins taking this to the next level, gets drunk one evening and ends up in a bed with some other guy. Next thing, she`ll be staying out all night with hubby not having a clue, who she`s with or what she`s up to.

The more leeway the OP gives his wife on this issue, the more she`ll take advantage of the situation and the less respect she will have for a husband.

Edited by cyberfarang
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzarella said:

Women is women in any country, and fells more by a sweet talk than for looks or money. If you do not speak good Thai you may have a strong competition outside your home... for "those" days...

That's a good point. IMO, people who decided to live here for longer should learn the language. It also gives single men better chances to meet a woman who's not working in a bar. 

Love the first few words "do you let your wife'...."

Do you consider your wife your property?

Or your staff who must ask permission?

Do you ask your wife for permission before going out for a beer with the boys?

• Haha 1

I prefer my gf current and future gfs to have friends.  Good for us and good for them. Some people worry about everything.   I read so many check list posts about everything on TVF. Life is quickly over especially for those of us retired.  If you try to control your mate or your own life because of fear then up to you but I know control is a mirage so not ok for me. Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Being totally honest, if my wife was out regularly with friends, not arriving home to the early hours of the morning, NO, I would not be happy with that.

Reason: because if a wife needs to frequently go out acting like a single woman, then that means she`s not content and becoming bored in her relationship with her husband. I agree with what one poster said; if this continues it won`t be long before she begins taking this to the next level, gets drunk one evening and ends up in a bed with some other guy. Next thing, she`ll be staying out all night with hubby not having a clue, who she`s with or what she`s up to.

The more leeway the OP gives his wife on this issue, the more she`ll take advantage of the situation and the less respect she will have for a husband.

You can't forbid your wife to go out with friends, but when that happens four days a week and she always comes home drunk, I'd rethink my marriage. 

Edited by jenny2017

I don’t think there is anything wrong with a wife catching up with her friends, but a lot depends on where they go. If they go to a restaurant or cafe that’s fine. But if they are out clubbing then there is only one reason for that, and that is to attract the opposite sex. If that is what you think your wife may be doing then simply explain to her that going clubbing would bring shame on them both, a loss of face. I’m presuming of course that you are not out at bars regularly with friends chatting up girls? If your wife does indeed want to hang out at clubs then say it’s okay, but that she should only really do so as a single lady ... then divorce her and move on with your life. 

It’s not a matter of trust, it’s a matter of respect for your partner. And if that is not there then don’t waste any time in moving on.

• Like 1