Do you let your wife/gf go out regularly with her friends

Am sure it has already been stated in the 11 pages of replies.  But.  I find it sad that the topic is "do you let ...".  Didn't realize we were living in the 1300's where the wife still needed permission to go out.  :-)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Am sure it has already been stated in the 11 pages of replies.  But.  I find it sad that the topic is "do you let ...".  Didn't realize we were living in the 1300's where the wife still needed permission to go out.  :-)

I have never been together with a woman who would accept I denied she go out, but I have been with woman, that dont do, and also do not like I go out, and make it a living hell every time I do. 

On 4/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, scorecard said:

Love the first few words "do you let your wife'...."

Do you consider your wife your property?

Or your staff who must ask permission?

Do you ask your wife for permission before going out for a beer with the boys?

I agree i could have put that better,maybe do you worry instead of do you let,point taken

Re reading my op,no where did i say i consider her my property in fact the complete opposite,for the record i am 53 and she is 40,so not a vast age gap.I stated i trusted her to the degree that i basically trust anyone,and that is never 100% by this age life has generally taught most of us that trusting anyone 100% is a folly.

I would never say to her "no you are not going" ,as this would cause a resentment that would fester. Due to the fact that i do love her and she is a very attractive woman [not an ex bar girl] though i think when she worked at the seagate factory in Bangkok she may have done a bit of freelancing,but who cares that was a long time before i met her,but i think it would be usual for most men to having just a slight nagging doubt that something could happen,or maybe i am just paranoid. 

I suppose the other factors are like many Thai women she is highly sexed and also they seem to regard this sort of thing a bit of fun and nothing more, where as maybe as westerners we have been more conditioned to think of it as a betrayal,i don't really have an answer,but do agree trust [as much as each individual is capable of] is one of the most important aspects of a marriage.

also she does drink a little and on occasion get's a bit tipsy,but never full on paraletic like my ex wife and it's not like she is going out all the time it's quite occasional any many time i am invited,but i don't like the pub they go too,as it has live music and this means they have to shout even louder,and like another poster said i don't want to feel like a fifth wheel and to be honest don't like noise ,she like most Thai's loves to party,i am too old for that now,and to be honest at these places i find the beer is never cold enough,i like my beer ice cold,a feat the thai bar's never seem to manage.

As i said before i should not have said to you let her go out,i should have said do you worry. But i thank all the posters for there input.

7 minutes ago, somtamjames said:

Due to the fact that i do love her and she is a very attractive woman [not an ex bar girl] though i think when she worked at the seagate factory in Bangkok she may have done a bit of freelancing.

I've met quite a few of such women from upcountry, doing "some freelancing at Nana" to make some extra money. The only difference was that they didn't have a Mama San. 

Does it really matter ,we all have a past,i have done things that i am not particularly proud off,as am i am sure you do. So what,she had 2 kids to support after her Thai husband ran off with one of her friends,i mean does it really matter?

16 minutes ago, somtamjames said:

Due to the fact that i do love her and she is a very attractive woman [not an ex bar girl] though i think when she worked at the seagate factory in Bangkok she may have done a bit of freelancing.

I've met quite a few of such women from upcountry, doing "some freelancing at Nana" to make some extra money. The only difference was that they didn't have a Mama San. 

I've never cared what use my wife's body had before I claimed it.

An inspection at the 'nasty disease' clinic before we got married and we were good to go. 

It's not as if I could trust her (or any other woman) to tell the truth about her past now is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Does it really matter ,we all have a past,i have done things that i am not particularly proud off,as am i am sure you do. So what,she had 2 kids to support after her Thai husband ran off with one of her friends,i mean does it really matter?

I've never done anything bad or dishonourable.

But I don't expect everyone else to have my standards.

21 minutes ago, somtamjames said:

Freelancers is a risk, and here is why. They failed the bullshit hiv test they claim they do, they can not cooperate with the other girls, and are totally innsane, or they are just smarter than the others, and only go with those they like. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Freelancers is a risk, and here is why. They failed the bullshit hiv test they claim they do, they can not cooperate with the other girls, and are totally innsane, or they are just smarter than the others, and only go with those they like. 

I would say you are right with the last bit,recently i was in Bankok in soi 4 near Nana ,i and my wife watched one very attractive girl,turn away a stream of suitors,until a young late 20's ,handsome young falang came along and off she went with him.

3 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I would say you are right with the last bit,recently i was in Bankok in soi 4 near Nana ,i and my wife watched one very attractive girl,turn away a stream of suitors,until a young late 20's ,handsome young falang came along and off she went with him.

I could be right with all of them in 3 different girls. Many freelancers can not cope with the the bar system, and I understand totally that. Some others can be just the lunatic you do not want to get involved with. 

1 minute ago, somtamjames said:

But it was interesting to me to know what she did before I met her. We were never at the nasty disease clinic before, where's that?

My point being was that quite a lot of married women from all over Thailand drive to Bangcock to make some pocket (skirt) money.

But you're damn right about women not telling the truth about their past. i just don;t want to be married to a woman who had 987 + customers before she met the most handsome guy she loves too much.

I can't see what a cock count has to do with anything,unless she has gone slack and it's like waving a woodbine[cigarette] around in the Albert hall. As for women not telling the truth about their past,well a lot of men don't either,i mean how many ex special forces,CIA agents,retired Fbi,or Sas have you met here.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, somtamjames said:

i just don;t want to be married to a woman who had 987 + customers before she met the most handsome guy she loves too much.

Doesn't bother me, as long as her womb was working and disease free.

Our children were DNA tested, and she knew they would be.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

1 hour ago, somtamjames said:

But if you really need an DNA test to make sure that the kids are yours, you shouldn't have married her first place.

And what exactly qualifies you to decide what someone's criteria is for marriage and what agreements they may have.