PM Prayut disagrees with planned rally to call for general election

webfact

PM Prayut disagrees with planned rally to call for general election

PNPOL610425001002001.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 2nd May 2018 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has expressed his disagreement with a planned street rally to demand a general election. 

A group of pro-election activities plan to gather in a street rally on May 5 to demand the government organize the general election. 

Secretary-General of the National Security Council Gen. Wallop Raksanoh said this week that the planned rally is expected to be a symbolic protest, and intelligence reports have suggested that no other groups or political parties will join them. 

Meanwhile, the government says it is not worried about the upcoming protest and stated that no special measure has been planned because of the authorities confidence that the gathering won't run long or break any law. 

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha says that he doesn't agree with the planned protest because the government has already made it clear that the general poll will take place next year and it is the people who must change their approach to politics in order to ensure they elect quality and good representatives to serve them and the country.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-05-02

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

the government has already made it clear that the general poll will take place next year and it is the people who must change their approach to politics

Typical Prime Minister Prayuth. You must believe what I tell you and you need to change your mind and adjust to what I am offering you. How could he be wrong?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Im waiting for his new protester laws ! Im sure he isn't getting these because he is not worried about protests I think he is a worried General !

Prayut has left his run to late, he is well aware that the longer he stays the more discontent, Army  inteligence might also suggest don't push the issue, play it cool. 

• Like 1

This guy will still be in power in 2020. Nothing and i mean nothing will change. He just loves the power of being Prime Minister even though he was never elected. Think the word is he is a dictator . Ok i put the odds up for having election in January  500-1. Odds for not having an election in January is 2-1. Place your bets folks

9 hours ago, webfact said:

it is the people who must change their approach to politics

Be careful what you ask for Prayut. People in times like today in other nations become militant in their approach to politics when a peaceful approach fails. The people's ouster of Ukrainian President, Viktor Yanukovych is a case in point.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Oh no

'Political leader in doing what he can to hang on to power' shocker!

Good job it doesnt happen in any other country in the world

His neighbour Hun Sen is a prime example of hanging onto power maybe this is where he is learning it from as he is not quite smart enough to be thinking it !

• Haha 1

'PM Prayuth disagrees with ...': would be sooo great when 'uncle' (erm, he likes to call himself like that...) could start at last to grow a teeny-weeny interest in the number of people who do, still, agree with him... In my dreams, I know, stupendous how this common sable dragger general, Thailand has the (dis-)honour to count well over 1,000 of, has within a few years 'grown' (I'd rather think: fallen) to become an autocratic deaf self-serving dictator. Mind you, to me (no interest, I'm Farang), as to all(!) Thais I know (...) who ever put their hopes with this, this character, he is like mud on Sunday shoes (to remain civil). Can't think he doesn't know, but he doesn't care a yo, that's the worst of it all...

• Like 1

Divide conquer alienate stifle suppress reinforce is standard coup junta action tried and tested that will ultimately fail at some point the general has read the manual and now in the trying stage of writing a new chapter with him in the driving seat the delusional stage will get messy as always.