Fake onward flights

Often we need to show an onward flight to get a visa, or to board a flight to Thailand.  This is obviously a pain if you haven't planned where you will go next. 

There are services that can provide you with a temporary/fake flight booking. 

I used one before that booked a temporary ticket and cancelled it after I was done.  It was about $12 and worked great.  But now they are gone.

I found another one called onward.flights which uses real flight data to print you a fake booking on a real flight.  It costs $5.  So I guess it would work even if the consulate or whoever can check if the flight exists, but NOT if they can check the names of the passengers.

Has anyone tried this, or any such fake onward flight service?  I'd love to know your experiences and how reliable these things actually are.

EDIT:

I see the consulate in HCMC says the ticket much show "ticket number or PNR number" which makes me think maybe they can detect fake tickets such as one you might get from "onward.flights".  PNR means (Passenger Name Record) number is an unique ten digit number, that is provided against every booked train ticket.

Edited by asdfrules

25 minutes ago, asdfrules said:

I see the consulate in HCMC says the ticket much show "ticket number or PNR number" which makes me think maybe they can detect fake tickets such as one you might get from "onward.flights".  PNR means (Passenger Name Record) number is an unique ten digit number, that is provided against every booked train ticket.

And the reason they ask for this and i'm sure others will follow is because people keep posting ways to get around the flight ticket requirements on public forums

The people that do this are not the brightest people in the world are they?

• Like 1