Here's your world class family destination - Pattaya farang tourist does the pointing!

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Loving the editors choice of stories as of late, pumping out good content :thumbsup:
Glad that the light is being directed onto the right places 

Yes the original and biggest ship hole of Thailand.i shouldn't comment on the place as I've never been there but I've never heard or read about any good coming out of the place.

12 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Loss of face ....Thais hate it when one complains.

Indeed, it's surprising he wasn't attacked over this. Might come soon as his photo is getting spread around.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

I live on a soi just off Pattaya Klang and our garbage collection went from daily to every other day to every third day to whenever.

The residents are complaining

The rats are not.

Lemme guess.. Drinking lao khao in the shade went from every third day to every other day to daily.?

• Confused 1

Just now, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Yes that's London in a few hours of tourist traffic.  My guess is that will be empty in a few hours not days.

You should see it in the non tourist areas especially where Roma live or 'travellers' have been staying.

Edited by The manic

11 minutes ago, Docno said:

I could have sworn that I've seen members' posts deleted when they badmouth Patty... now this. I'm so confused....

Me too.  What comments are expected?

• Oo look at the nice pile of rubbish, so neatly stacked
  • Definitely left by dirty tourists, thankfully quality tourist numbers are on the rise and this will result in less rubbish on the streets
  • Pattaya clean-up led by conscientious motor-bike taxi drivers achieves amazing results

Perplexed.

• Haha 1

pattaya soi 16/2 in front of main entrance centarra  5 star to naklua...

250meter stretch of rubbish, smelling and rats.

since YEARS !!!   any complains to city, results in a minimal cleanup (tahnks for even doing !) , but a day later the same situation again and again.............

not only there manly in any soi, except the main streets

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Pattaya is never going to be a 5 star family tourist destination. Got to give the TAT lots of creit, i don't know who makes the brochures that keep them flocking in by the droves but they deserve a raise.

Pattaya will be lucky to get above the one star rating.

• Thanks 1

I remember when BJ set up his  brush arbor under the palm trees with 5 stools to sit at the 6 foot long bar.We were drinking on the road side away from the beach in the afternoon watching two Thai families enjoying the beach.There were a couple of litter cans on the beach side of the road.When the two families left they passed  a litter can but just discarded all their trash between their eating area and the road .Since most of the Farangs drinking with BJ had spent their earlier years in Japan,to us this was a learning experience of how trashy the Thais are.Thais WILL NEVER change.

This site is from outside Wat Chai in Pattaya Tai, and is rubbish that is thrown in a heap by the Market Traders on the opposite side of the road.

However, what the photo does not depict, is the awful stench from the rotting vegetables Etc, and all along the Street from the main entrance to the Wat, to the Bank there is the stink of Urine.

This will have nothing at all to do with the Tourists, or the Monks that inhabit the Wat, but is probably caused by the late night drinkers and the Moto Taxi Drivers that throng the area.

Altogether, a cess pit. 

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Usually, monks throw garbage directly over the wat s wall

Is it below the monks to pick up rubbish from outside of their home? 

Free home, free food, free clothes, smokes, mobile phones. Plenty of cash offerings. 

Can leave when ever they want to do. 

Not exactly as if they raise a sweat is it? 

Silly question I suppose. 

If the Thai people who put it there won't clean up. The monks sure as, are not going to do it either. 

It was ripe yesterday. 

Thais will change when tickets and fines are handed out for throwing trash in the street or littering in general. Pattaya actually could be a 5 star resort if the people in charge actually cleaned the place up and kept it pristine.  That would involved daily garbage collection; a waste treatment plant; cleanup of the sea and beach; elimination of scams; moving the sex industry further into the shadows; restraining  police corruption and cracking down on the criminal element that calls Pattay home. I doubt it will ever happen.  A once beautiful resort has literally been destroyed.

• Like 1

For reasons unknown to me, Pattaya never appealed to me even back in the seventies.

It stayed this way until now.

If I like to go to a beach I visit Vietnam, and so far I haven' t come across similar scenes. Plus a mere 2 h drive gives me the serenity of cool mountain air. I fail to see the hype about Pattaya.

??? come on TAT.... thinking cap time. I’m sure there’s a unique opportunity here for one of those daft reality TV shows.

maybe something involving proffessional garbage collectors on holiday, showing how it’s done, within a one hour time slot.