Video: Driving blind!? Yet again Thai motorcyclist fails to see the level crossing barrier

webfact

48 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

�ล�าร���หารู�ภา�สำหรั� cable barrier on railroad crossing in thailand

Yes, that's the one she hit, available at Toytown and other novelty stores..................

image.jpeg.c3c33bc2fbaa2e8bb087e29e76a252f8.jpeg Bunting. See the similarity now?

Yep, thanks for confirming just how much it looks like bunting.  The mid section is crummy.

Selective cut and pasting.  That's a new one!:smile:

Edited by mommysboy

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, he will.  It may have been reported since this started that she admitted that she was on the phone bit that wasn't the issue!  The issue was you lot claiming without being able to see it that it looked like she was on the phone.  It could not be seen in the dash cam video that she was on the phone.

Educated guess which turned out to be right on the money

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johng said:

Looks like a brand new  CB150R !   she hit her head on the road quite hard,  how the hell she didn't see the barriers ?   :w00t:

Yes, with APS - Auto Pilot System. Notice how smoothly it turned and avoided colliding with the dash cam car?

9 hours ago, CGW said:

"Spatial awareness" does not translate into Thai, most of us stay aware of our surroundings, if we see something that could pose a danger we become more aware!

Nor here, they live in a dreamworld where they believe they are indestructible! Someone remarked recently that they are a "primitive" people, they really are, they haven't the sense to realise just how easily they can get hurt!

I think it is all in Buddha’s hands. that is the belief I am told. 

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, he will.  It may have been reported since this started that she admitted that she was on the phone bit that wasn't the issue!  The issue was you lot claiming without being able to see it that it looked like she was on the phone.  It could not be seen in the dash cam video that she was on the phone.

She was using her mobile phone. That’s the end of the issue. Several members saw correctly or assumed correctly. Know when to retreat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norrad said:

You can still hold the throttle open with something in your hand (you only need two fingers and your palm or even just one finger and your palm, but you lose all front brake control.

Thumb and index for phone, palm on the throttle and three fingers for braking - easy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

Please go back and look at the frozen frame where she is holding a phone !!! Gosh you guys don't like to admit you are wrong !! You probably don't need helmets either...

Those who have seen the video clip and are not able to "see" that it was a phone involved are themselves on risk to copy this incident......:coffee1: 

Very lucky woman to not have killed herself off in that crash. No helmet

could have been ran over by the camera vehicle, or someone else.

Pretty stupid to be on the phone and not noticing the barrier was down.

Very lucky indeed!

Geezer

• Like 1

It wouldn"t take too much to mark all rr crossings, stop signs, cross walks, etc. In smart phone gps that would cut out the phone  100 yards radius of marks. Make it manditory in new phones.  Maybe when you stop, the screen and audio comes back on?   Perhaps too draconian. This accident, stupid or not, probably not fun.

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The video ends too early.

After she gets on her feet, does she grab for her smartphone that flew away?

Was her LINE chat interrupted by this bloody barrier? :sleep:

yep probably texting

Beggars belief what people are thinking or even doing on the roads?

From the dash cam vehicle the road is clearly marked leading up to the crossing, presuming this is the same on both sides, the barrier is down across the junction with lights flashing & red/white markers hanging below... just how much more can you do to stop imbeciles from crashing? 

Speaks volumes of Thailands driving abilities or even awareness of what's going on around them!!!

• Like 1

Not only blind to the barrier and lights but deaf as in my experience there is a very loud alarm sounding as well.

Take away her motorbike, make sure she never drives/rides again as she is obviously a danger to herself and more importantly other road users.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, johng said:

Looks like a brand new  CB150R !   she hit her head on the road quite hard,  how the hell she didn't see the barriers ?   :w00t:

Her new mobile didn't have the "dangerous barriers on your way App".
So not her fault  ;)

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why, after admitting that there was no video of it and therefore no reason to say it, would you just make that up? 

KhunBENQ asks two questions using Did she/ and Was she?

It strikes me that he was stating a possible and not a definite.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, KhunBENQ said:

The video is too blurry to tell for sure but very likely she was on the phone(!)/distracted.

here we go another expert witness who wasn't there but "knows" what happened based on blurry video and bias against thai/female drivers.

Do you guys in live in Thailand? 

If you do, you would know roads are not designed for safety. Unless the barrier was brightly colored those straight grey metal bars can be dificult to distinguish from background eg. the line of the railway tracks or other road features.

Yes, it did happen to me when a grey metal bar appeared to be the gutter of the road and I did not see it until too late.. No I was not on phone.

This forum just seems to be getting more and more like lets bash victims.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

here we go another expert witness who wasn't there but "knows" what happened based on blurry video and bias against thai/female drivers.

If you do, you would know roads are not designed for safety. Unless the barrier was brightly colored those straight grey metal bars can be dificult to distinguish from background eg. the line of the railway tracks or other road features.

Yes, it did happen to me when a grey metal bar appeared to be the gutter of the road and I did not see it until too late.. No I was not on phone.

"This forum just seems to be getting more and more like lets bash victims."

The bashing of victims, as you put it, occurs when the subject of one of these topics has acted in an irresponsible or stupid manner. Millions of Thais cross thousands of railway crossings every day and 99.9% do it safely. these articles are usually about the people who did it unsafely and are thus IMHO are worthy of the criticism of posters.

In this particular case, " those straight grey metal bars" are steel cables adorned with red and white markers and flashing lights. There are also advance warning signs approaching a crossing by the roadside and at the crossing as well as bells and flashing lights on cross-bucks.

I'm not sure what more warning the railway can give .

And I am a resident in the country. 

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

The only thing she was a victim of was her own stupidity 

• Sad 1