Foodland Thepprasit

Guderian

A few weeks back they cleared the overgrown site on Thepprasit, roughly opposite Soi 17, that Foodland bought several years ago. There seems to be the occasional Thai-style tent of the green sun-awning material on the site, but it looks more to me like they're going to plant a crop of something there rather than start building the new store. Does anybody know what's going on?

When I drove past on Tuesday it looked like the guys in the green tent were driving piles. That's usually a sign of imminent building work. Pile-driving here is often family business with everyone living in the tent on-site, until they finish and move on somewhere else. Or I suppose they could have been drilling a well.

On such a large plot in that location I'm a bit surprised they are building a supermarket rather than a condo.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

When I drove past on Tuesday it looked like the guys in the green tent were driving piles. That's usually a sign of imminent building work. Pile-driving here is often family business with everyone living in the tent on-site, until they finish and move on somewhere else. Or I suppose they could have been drilling a well.

On such a large plot in that location I'm a bit surprised they are building a supermarket rather than a condo.

Well at least they haven't taken the Foodland sign down so there's still a chance they might one day build a food store there.

Bad luck guys no Foodland coming..

A few weeks back there was an early morning ceremony compleet with stage..

On stage the announcement of a new hug condo to be build there...

Perhaps thats why Supalai suddenly dropped their unit prices...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tontraveller said:

Bad luck guys no Foodland coming..

A few weeks back there was an early morning ceremony compleet with stage..

On stage the announcement of a new hug condo to be build there...

Maybe they'll save money on a new sign and just call it the Foodland Condo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guderian said:

it looks more to me like they're going to plant a crop of something there rather than start building the new store.

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

When I drove past on Tuesday it looked like the guys in the green tent were driving piles.

May be they're growing piles.

9 hours ago, tontraveller said:

Reason could also be because they couldn't get rid of their condo's.

Expect more price drops, because many unsold condo's and abandoned projects already, yet they keep building as if there is no tomorrow.

20 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Ah, the piles will be for the showroom. I thought it was surprisingly close to the road.

I think you're probably right. I went past yesterday afternoon and as you said they have a small piling rig on site. It's too small for piling the foundations to a decent-sized condo building though, so it's probably  starting a small structure like a condo showroom. There were also a couple of lorries there unloading sacks, maybe cement.

Yes they probably will built that condo first then soon as foodland has opened up in terminal 21 mall then after that they start with the one on Theprasit rd but what condo type  is it going to be and from what developer?

i doubt Foodland it self   is building and selling condominiums.

Foodland is overpriced, especially for beer. The katoys working the register are surly. The worst vegetables section of any supermarket anywhere. Their business plan seems to be to overcharge farang living in View Talay. 

• Haha 1

Foodland is overpriced, especially for beer. The katoys working the register are surly. The worst vegetables section of any supermarket anywhere. Their business plan seems to be to overcharge farang living in View Talay. 
The katoys seem to like me ! Its the real women who are (often) surly with me same at "Friendship"..about the only time I go to either now is to get some "proper" bread.

27 minutes ago, soistalker said:

where is this branch?

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Three more pile driving rigs visible today, going back to the rear of the plot. I'm surprised that a small team should be driving piles for a high-rise like that though. Interesting.

Probably just a 8 story building...why no signs hanging yet about who doing this development