Foodland Thepprasit

Guderian

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hmm Sir those 8-14 people frequently standing  at the store entrance are only there to greeting u.

Welcome Sirrrrr....

but if u ask something then its solly no hap...

And then you go yourself and pick up the product right from the shelf it's always been at. Again I don't want my balls fondled, I want to buy stuff. Walking street is for the other stuff.

Lazada is really a godsend here. The EMS postman I do acknowledge with a wadee, at least he has the mental capacity to find my farang palace.

• Like 2

I also don't care how the clerks act as long as they're efficient and not over the top rude.

I don't like being waied at just for paying a bill so I'm happier when they don't.

I had a funny experience the other day at Foodmart.

There was an item that was 50 baht and keyed in as 500.

I'm sure an innocent mistake.

But then I called her on it, and before even considering that the f-rang might be right and looking at the specific issue, she did the typical Thai "how dare you challenge me" knee jerk reaction. 

Edited by Jingthing

wow.. there really are some miserable s..ds around. My GF refers to 90% of customers in friendship as " Dead not Dead" Yeah I know we cant help growing old.  My brother is 71 and is pleasant to all.  Personally I like a smile and the thai girl  friendliness . No not everyone but 95% + are nice to us (That I can see, and thats all that matters in these normal day to day situations) . In UK make that just 5%.

• Like 1

I have no problems with the cashiers at Friendship , they do their job and when you think about how many drunk and rude  foreigners they have to deal with every day, no wonder they try to not talk and keep it simple. 

Same with Big C and tesco, most of them just do their job and I see no reason to interact with them other than handing over the money.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Same with Big C and tesco, most of them just do their job and I see no reason to interact with them other than handing over the money.

I think I have a great relationship with staff in Big C ..... Customer service, security, cashiers, fruit, butchery ...It makes shopping that much better than a chore if you can have a bit of a laugh and joke with people...

On 5/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, Destiny1990 said:

They dont even give u a quick Wai right after ur payment?

I am guessing now but Maybe they thinking u need to shower more often.?

You can go in your Sunday best and they'll snob you there.

4 hours ago, balo said:

I have no problems with the cashiers at Friendship , they do their job and when you think about how many drunk and rude  foreigners they have to deal with every day, no wonder they try to not talk and keep it simple. 

Rudeness isn't a problem. You just ignore them. There's no problem with the speed, packing and payment and I continue to spend a lot of dough there as it's convenient.

Big C Extra staff are far more pleasant... which is where I do most of my shopping these days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had a funny experience the other day at Foodmart.

Dont they use barcode scanners there? Even with such scanners I regularly find errors in pricing here, but I dread to think what it would be like if all the prices were keyed in manually at the point of sale.

13 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Dont they use barcode scanners there? Even with such scanners I regularly find errors in pricing here, but I dread to think what it would be like if all the prices were keyed in manually at the point of sale.

Now there's a thing....In both the butchery and veggie dept of Big C I have corrected them on their price/kg not being the advertised price.....but in each case they weren't charging me enough...!!!

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But then I called her on it, and before even considering that the f-rang might be right and looking at the specific issue, she did the typical Thai "how dare you challenge me" knee jerk reaction. 

Probably mistook you for a short-stay Russian, or 'people like that'.

13 hours ago, KittenKong said:

It was an item that needed keying in.