Foodland Thepprasit

Guderian

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Need more special permits and regulations for higher buildings etc that why a lot of buildings are just 8 floors

Ok

But i was under the impression that in pattaya, those those papers are not required 

very often :giggle:

22 hours ago, soistalker said:

Foodland is overpriced, especially for beer. The katoys working the register are surly. The worst vegetables section of any supermarket anywhere. Their business plan seems to be to overcharge farang living in View Talay. 

Yes Foodmart is overpriced but it is handy to have on the corner and their meat and bread sections are quite good.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:55 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Need more special permits and regulations for higher buildings etc that why a lot of buildings are just 8 floors

Yeah, the Condo I live in is 8 Floors and so is the Condo beside us.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:17 PM, johng said:

555 I always get food land/mart
and homepro/work mixed up.

Me too - probably why Home Works changed their name to "Baan and Beyond"... even harder to remember.

• Like 1

Well Foodland Beach Rd ( Royal Garden) is very good..clean well laid out..good fruit & veg. Agree about unfriendly cashiers ( well one anyway) at 'Un' Friendship..never even a smile let alone a Sawadee Ka. Still go sometimes as their bread has the best selection and the upstairs ' Hardware' etc bit always has something we need. 

Edited by Rolanddrums

I used to live right next door to "Friendship" was in there sometimes twice a day...I noticed that new staff where always friendly but after less than a week they ( 99% ) where transformed into "Something else" or left.

7 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Well Foodland Beach Rd ( Royal Garden) is very good..clean well laid out..good fruit & veg. Agree about unfriendly cashiers ( well one anyway) at 'Un' Friendship..never even a smile let alone a Sawadee Ka. Still go sometimes as their bread has the best selection and the upstairs ' Hardware' etc bit always has something we need. 

I've tested out the Friendship crew... I don't say anything. no hello, no thank you, nothing and very seldom do I hear a single word uttered by any of the staff. Not even a thank you when they are returning my change. To be honest, I got so annoyed with no reply to a hello, or a thank you from me, I gave up talking. They're just plain rude.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, notamember said:

OK direct from the owners mouth:

the next Foodland to open will be in Terminal 21 at North Pattaya

the one on Theprassit will eventually be built on the land adjacent to the condo which they own

it will not be on the condo ground floor, The sign is just being stored there for now

So which developer will build what condominium on that plot?

9 hours ago, tropo said:

I've tested out the Friendship crew... I don't say anything. no hello, no thank you, nothing and very seldom do I hear a single word uttered by any of the staff. Not even a thank you when they are returning my change. To be honest, I got so annoyed with no reply to a hello, or a thank you from me, I gave up talking. They're just plain rude.

My sentiments exactly . In fact my policy whether in UK or Thailand , Farrang or Thai ,is they get 2 chances of  'Hi' or Sawadee Krup  etc from me after that I never speak to them again ( eg in a shop or in the condo lift etc). In fact Im too b...dy nice , I'm reducing that to ONE chance as of today.

Edited by Rolanddrums
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I prefer cashiers that way. Robots would be even better. I'm just executing a business transaction, not mingling to make friends.

So you think basic courtesy in public is a desperate attempt to mingle or make friends? I much prefer friendly cashiers with pleasant personalities, and you can find them in Thailand too. I'm not the chatty type, but a basic hello and thank you are not too much to ask for when conducting a business transaction.

• Like 2

Just now, tropo said:

So you think basic courtesy in public is a desperate attempt to mingle or make friends? I much prefer friendly cashiers with pleasant personalities, and you can find them in Thailand too. I'm not the chatty type, but a basic hello and thank you are not too much to ask for when conducting a business transaction.

I think cashier is a job best done as quickly as possible, sod pleasantries.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

My sentiments exactly . In fact my policy whether in UK or Thailand , Farrang or Thai ,is they get 2 chances of  'Hi' or Sawadee Krup  etc from me after that I never speak to them again ( eg in a shop or in the condo lift etc). In fact Im too b...dy nice , I'm reducing that to ONE chance as of today.

LOL> I give them a second chance... then I'll ignore that cashier and move on to another if available. It didn't help at Friendship, so they all get the silent treatment now. It's like all new cashiers are pulled aside and trained to behave that way.

It is a bit embarrassing when you're left hanging after saying hello or thank you. 

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I think cashier is a job best done as quickly as possible, sod pleasantries.

Pleasantries don't slow down the service at all, not even by a microsecond. You must have another reason. They upset you when you first got here and now you're sulking? I was also a lot friendlier in public before I came here.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Pleasantries don't slow down the service at all, not even by a microsecond. You must have another reason. They upset you when you first got here and now you're sulking? I was also a lot friendlier in public before I came here.

I simply don't want to interact with a workers that would better be replaced with automation. I don't bother chatting with taxi drivers either. My Hi-So arse is just too fine for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I simply don't want to interact with a workers that would better be replaced with automation. I don't bother chatting with taxi drivers either. My Hi-So arse is just too fine for that.

They dont even give u a quick Wai right after ur payment?

I am guessing now but Maybe they thinking u need to shower more often.?

9 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Same feeling here.

I often do as if I don't see them and cannot hear them, as with most of the Thai.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, grkt said:

Same feeling here.

I often do as if I don't see them and cannot hear them, as with most of the Thai.

Indeed. In hardware shops I often ram over the useless airheads blocking the ways. Calling them sellers would be a stretch of imagination the human brain is not capable of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Indeed. In hardware shops I often ram over the useless airheads blocking the ways. Calling them sellers would be a stretch of imagination the human brain is not capable of. 

Hmm Sir those 8-14 people frequently standing  at the store entrance are only there to greeting u.

Welcome Sirrrrr....

but if u ask something then its solly no hap...

• Like 1