Idiot bank worker

yesterday went to kasikorn pattaya klang, tried do international transfer from this bank to my bank in ireland, was told cannot sent in baht, asked why and i got no sense out of her. 

asked her can i use ( moneycorp.com ) so that kasikorn can send in thai baht to moneycorps bank and they would do the exchange rate, again was told " cannot " 

what can i do, i need to make tansfer of 1.3 million baht asap to euro - ireland

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Thai banks will transfer in Thai Baht ONLY, so the reason that they say " cannot" definitely has other reasons.

Why you not tell us the whole story.

You are mistaken.

Here is an example of an international  transfer from Kasikorn bank's own website showing a transfer in GBP with exchange rate given. I'm sure in fact that they will only do internationally accepted major currencies and not Thai baht, and this will apply to most Thai banks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.26.20 pm.png

Just now, partington said:

You are mistaken.

Here is an example of an international  transfer from Kasikorn bank's own website showing a transfer in GBP with exchange rate given. I'm sure in fact that they will only do internationally accepted major currencies and not Thai baht, and this will apply to most Thai banks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.26.20 pm.png

That would be very strange, since I have foreign currency accounts in Euro and USD with Kasikorn bank, and if I want to send them back to where they came from, I have to exchange them first to Thai Baht.

• Like 1

Listen pjack sack doing the transfer and look at transferwise proto.  Borderless transaction will save you at least £400 by using transferwise.

Set up personal transferwise account online. 

Set up payee data 

Agree to pay the transfer manually.

They will provide a Thai based transferwise account with a alphanumeric code that must be quoted when transferring the money to their account.

Once they get the wedge you should have it in Ireland within 3 days max.

Might be worth calling them and explaining as if you have never used them they may need to request more proofs to ensure nothing dodgy happening. ID, pdf of bank statement. Stuff like that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Thai banks will transfer in Thai Baht ONLY, so the reason that they say " cannot" definitely has other reasons.

hey hotshot...your wrong !

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Listen pjack sack doing the transfer and look at transferwise proto.  Borderless transaction will save you at least £400 by using transferwise.

Set up personal transferwise account online. 

Set up payee data 

Agree to pay the transfer manually.

They will provide a Thai based transferwise account with a alphanumeric code that must be quoted when transferring the money to their account.

Once they get the wedge you should have it in Ireland within 3 days max.

Might be worth calling them and explaining as if you have never used them they may need to request more proofs to ensure nothing dodgy happening. ID, pdf of bank statement. Stuff like that.

just what i needed to hear, thanks 

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

There are quite strict laws / regulations about sending money out of Thailand which banks cannot ignore. I don't know why sending funds out is so restricted but money laundering stuff could be one reason 

Western union perhaps one possibility, but needs checking re:

- What limit do they have per transaction?

- Are multiple transactions possible?

- Fees?

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

And yes, you can send in Thai baht.

But presumably you would get stitched up by the receiving banks exchange rate so why would you?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

There are limitations in sending money abroad, that is probably the reason your transfer is rejected.

And yes, you can send in Thai baht.

So how do thais do global business if there are limitations

I know in Auss anything above $10,000 you have to fill in forms ( i usually send $50 less )

20 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

Send in euros

Agree.

Sending Thai Baht would mean the exchange takes place in Ireland.

Could result in bad rates.

So let the Thai bank do the exchange.

On the other hand the OP wording is unclear enough to leave room for another interpretation (legal restrictions requiring proof of source).

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 5/4/2018 at 12:36 PM, topt said:

But presumably you would get stitched up by the receiving banks exchange rate so why would you?

For entertainment purpose, i once tried to send USD to Europe, to my multicurrency- account. They said: Only Euro to Europe. Needless to say, i went over to the next bank and no problem :smile:

These guys ask themselfes how they got there, all day !

15 hours ago, starfish said:

For entertainment purpose, i once tried to send USD to Europe, to my multicurrency- account. They said: Only Euro to Europe. Needless to say, i went over to the next bank and no problem :smile:

These guys ask themselfes how they got there, all day !

In case, nobody believes me: i can´t believe it myself, but its true, happened a while back though, when they invented banks in Thailand.

Anyway, always buy Euro or USD first, then send that.

My max amount was 15000 Euro without any questions asked.

And for any money sent into thailand i ask for a letter from the manager in this branch (Stamp and signature,100 Baht, but they always look somewhat bewildered at me :smile:), confirming that i brought this money into Thailand, so i wouldn´t have problems sending it out of thailand.

Edited by starfish