63 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Dozens Of Foreigners Arrested In School Raids Nationwide

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__12705802-696x522.jpg

Sixty-seven foreigners were arrested in nationwide raids Thursday.

BANGKOK — More than 60 foreigners were arrested Thursday in another round of raids that took place in the capital and targeted dozens of schools nationwide.

In what has become a weekly ritual, police announced the arrests of 67 foreign nationals from a series of raids on more than 70 schools as well as parts of Bangkok. The 129 locales hit by the latest operation included the Nana area of Sukhumvit Road and several educational institutions outside the capital.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/05/04/dozens-of-foreigners-arrested-in-school-raids-nationwide/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-04

"In what has become a weekly ritual", weekly???? So not a 24 hour crackdown for a change, or is it a 24 hour crackdown one day per week?:cheesy:

2 hours ago, generealty said:

We keep seeing news round ups of illegals, and again we see majority  are illegalentries into the kingdom.Then why are they not targeting the immigration officers who clearly are in on this ?

Because the people doing the round ups, and the immigration officers are all in it together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Thailand continues to come up with things that are new countries.  The report says that "30 from Myanmars" wherever that may be.  It seems that the new intelligence test being developed for students should certainly live up to that standard, as many of the former tests have done.  Such comments only add to the wonderment of the intelligence of those in authority and contributes to the confirmation that the education system is not working because it obviously did not work when the writer went through the system.  Will the new tests be designed to continue to suppress the intelligence of students and thus allow them to fall even further behind in regional exams and tests?

Just read the report about the development of the new IQ tests for students aged between 6 and 15.  It states it will be implemented in 2010.  Now I really wonder what is going on.

Edited by wotsdermatter
more information added
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcallen1019 said:

I want to know why people from  those  countries want to stay in Thailand anyway.  Is it really that bad in their country    Is Thailand pay  much more in  salaries 

These people come from countries colorfully described by POTUS Trump as shit holes. That's why.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jonclark said:

I want to know what schools were open at that time of night??...And judging by the clothes the suspects are wearing they do not look to be dressed as one would expect person in schools to be dressed...Perhaps these are the janitors? 

Perhaps because "police are targeting foreigners who stay in Thailand on ED-visas but do NOT attend class?" Just a guess.  :whistling:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, the guest said:

Its a shame the west doesn't follow Thai footsteps on this issue. Foreigners are mere guests, and no other. Well-done Thailand !

It surprises me how many TV members think they're guests of Thailand.

How many were invited?

In reality, most are merely visitors on some type of visa, but certainly not guests.

Edited by Woodsie888
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

He said police searched about 125 locations, including seven international schools, 15 language schools and 56 ordinary schools.

Not even the Thai teachers have yet started at these ordinary schools.

Wasn't it the 14th to 17th when government schools open? But how much do I know..

After Outlaw 12,452, there won't be anymore paying foreigners around and Thailand will develop backwards and use buffaloes as a mean of transport.

Time to drink more Lhao Kao. 

drunk-thai-man-on-beach-lao-khao.jpg

Typical colonial comment from somebody who thinks that Thailand can't do without foreign people who don't have enough money to live properly in a "third world country".

Reality check much needed.

3 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

You cannot plagiarize what you haven't read.

LOL.... but it’s much funnier the way I put it..... none the less, to keep pendantics happy, I’m willing to run with rat catchers “great minds think alike” ?

5 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

That explains why the tourist police were at my school looking for me.

you are the first person to mention this. Do you think they had knowledge of you at your school as you say you werent there. All the media coverage is at night time. All the threads on this subject and all the teachers who must be thai visa members you are the first one.

By the way i mention this as last Friday at 7.30am driving along rama 3 they were 3 tourist police looking at a large school called nonsi(not sure full name)But no teachers responded or knew. Your teaching community seems very blaise about this

39 minutes ago, humbug said:

you are the first person to mention this. Do you think they had knowledge of you at your school as you say you werent there. All the media coverage is at night time. All the threads on this subject and all the teachers who must be thai visa members you are the first one.

By the way i mention this as last Friday at 7.30am driving along rama 3 they were 3 tourist police looking at a large school called nonsi(not sure full name)But no teachers responded or knew. Your teaching community seems very blaise about this

They came to my school during summer with a big list of names of teachers from the past 3 years or more. Most teachers on the list no longer teach at our school anymore. I was one of few. Their list wasn't up to date. They didn't have any new teachers names (who joined us within the last year).

The thing that surprised me was that it was the tourist police, not immigration.

They wanted visa copy and work permit.

Edited by FruitPudding

22 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Myanmarese? Is that what Burmese people are called now? Never heard them called that before.

Burma has long been called Myanmar which makes it's nationals "Myanmarese"

Simple to understand if you're up to speed in current times!

27 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They came to my school during summer with a big list of names of teachers from the past 3 years or more. Most teachers on the list no longer teach at our school anymore. I was one of few. Their list wasn't up to date. They didn't have any new teachers names (who joined us within the last year).

The thing that surprised me was that it was the tourist police, not immigration.

They wanted visa copy and work permit.

yes it was the tourist police i saw standing outside school on rama3 they had a lady in plain clothes pointing at different points of the school. They were on the other side of the road to the school. I looked at that situation and thought they are trying to find info. But what you said they have records of staff. They must be looking at their records of past work permits to do that with education establishments on their databases and making visits.

I mean i just walked to starbucks on soi chan and walked past around 12 language places from music to language to reading, and 4 schools just one street. The manpower they would need would be incredible.

if its only the tourist police doing the checking at schools then maybe they have been told to that for manpower and the immigration in the evenings going after other people they see on the streets.

Thank you for being the first one to reply on this

18 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

You'd be surprised how many of those Indian tailors and nut crunchers have been here for generations. Even old Lek Nana, a highly respected Thai Muslim politician of Gujarati ancestry,  who owned much of the Sukumvit area around Soi 3/4 was one of them.

it was tongue in cherk but alot of the staff might not be family members, like the nepalese on the pavement stores on sukhumvit. 

By the way i agree with you about past generations being ftom india ad thonburi then bangkok were first created as capitals by families of indian,persian and mon origin

22 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Myanmarese? Is that what Burmese people are called now? Never heard them called that before.

When I was living in Phuket I walked by construction sites filled with Burmese every day and chatted with a few who spoke English. I asked out of curiosity if they preferred Burmese or Myanmarese because at the time I was dating a Thai girl who was a writer for a Thai magazine. The responses from the Burmese people was that they were Burmese, the military dictator changed the name of the country without asking the people. When I shared this information with my then gf and asked her if the military here changed her countries name to “ting tong land” would she consider herself “ting tongese” she changed her current articles from myanmarese to Burmese when referring to people from Myanmar/Burma.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, generealty said:

We keep seeing news round ups of illegals, and again we see majority  are illegalentries into the kingdom.Then why are they not targeting the immigration officers who clearly are in on this ?

I'll give you three guesses...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes , agree , he should go to Mae Sai and have all the minibuses coming over from Myanmar/Burma ( I am a Brit. ) stopped and all the occupants visas looked at , grab the English teachers before they reach the school gates.

Oh as a rider to this 25k south of Mae Sai where I live there is a nice lady teacher from France who teaches English , hope she is legit.

Very much doubt it. I thought you had to be a native English speaker to teach English in Thailand.

8 hours ago, farcanell said:

LOL.... but it’s much funnier the way I put it..... none the less, to keep pendantics happy, I’m willing to run with rat catchers “great minds think alike” ?

'Keep the PEDANTS happy', actually...:tongue:

• Like 1