What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 3/21/2017 at 10:09 PM, oxo1947 said:

Vera is back...........Pet

Thanks for that. Got hooked on this awhile back and downloaded Season 1 onwards.

After I watched season 6, I was looking for something else. Decided to watch the new "Chicago Justice".......the combined Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Justice first episode.

To be nice, all I can say is: I'm glad "Vera" is back.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

To be nice, all I can say is: I'm glad "Vera" is back.

Yes along with George Gently & a few others they are outstanding shows  IMO..... There is a spin off from Vera if you are interested a TV movie came out last year where her ex side kick Will Wagstaffe leads a team looking for a killer who hunts down Pedo's & mutilates them. 

Its called "Dark Heart AKA Wagstaffe"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5866284/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On 03/21/2017 at 6:55 PM, Wilsonandson said:

The Girl on the Train (2016)

Commuter Rachel Watson (Emily Blunt) catches daily glimpses of a seemingly perfect couple, Scott and Megan, from the window of her train. One day, Watson witnesses something shocking unfold in the backyard of the strangers' home. Rachel tells the authorities what she thinks she saw after learning that Megan is now missing and feared dead. Unable to trust her own memory, the troubled woman begins her own investigation, while police suspect that Rachel may have crossed a dangerous line.

1490097343582.jpg.c2a4113e2a9a01c23c3265df36ac8b7c.jpg

If you haven't seen this movie then I highly recommend it. Excellent, unexpected. There was no way predict anything as there were so many intermingled stories. Emily Blunt was wonderful & believeable. All the women played their characters so well that there was no way to predict or even figure out how they were relevant...until it was very clear. The best movie I've seen in a long time. Haley Bennett who plays Megan is a babe.

tmp_5505-11218825-1db0-4431-876e-7f2a43c45484-1935732567.jpg

• Like 2

I was very disappointed with the Jack Reacher film....was crap....Then I found a film called "John Wick'....Yes it is very tongue in cheek regarding the action stuff but if you like cars and non stop action then it might be worth a look...I did watch it till the end, so it must have been entertaining...:smile:

• Like 1

TOMATOMETER 

90%
Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 173
Fresh: 156
Rotten: 17

Critics Consensus: John Wick: Chapter 2 does what a sequel should -- which in this case means doubling down on the non-stop, thrillingly choreographed action that made its predecessor so much fun.

From Rotten Tomatoes

Watched "A Perfect Day" today. Highly recommended.

A Spanish film but shot in English with an international cast among which Benicio del Toro (whom I really like) and Tim Robbins.

Wonderful movie about a crew of humanitarians during the Balkans war.

Just a bunch of more or less broken people trying to do their jobs without feeling like being world savers and fighting human stupidity more than anything else.

Great pitch, excellent playing IMO, quite funny situations sometimes and tragic other times, without pathos. A lot of disillusioned irony. Loved it. 

I was very disappointed with the Jack Reacher film....was crap....Then I found a film called "John Wick'....Yes it is very tongue in cheek regarding the action stuff but if you like cars and non stop action then it might be worth a look...I did watch it till the end, so it must have been entertaining...:smile:

Yeah, it's a great movie, some dark humour in there as well !

Viggo: I heard you struck my son. May I ask why?

Aureilo: Because he stole John Wick's car and killed his dog.

Viggo: Oh.

[emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yeah, it's a great movie, some dark humour in there as well !

Viggo: I heard you struck my son. May I ask why?

Aureilo: Because he stole John Wick's car and killed his dog.

Viggo: Oh.

emoji23.png

That was the original John Wick.

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yeah, I haven't seen John Wick Chapter 2, I knew there was one but didn't realise it was out yet !
Is it as good ( or bad ) as the first ?

I never liked the first one. TBH anything with KR in after the matrix I have never liked. I remember it being a bit cheesy nothing spectacular about fight scenes either. The story was OK though I like his mentality, all for his dog given to him by his departed wife.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I never liked the first one. TBH anything with KR in after the matrix I have never liked. I remember it being a bit cheesy nothing spectacular about fight scenes either. The story was OK though I like his mentality, all for his dog given to him by his departed wife.

Was it better than "Jack Reacher"....?

Just now, transam said:

Was it better than "Jack Reacher"....?

No chance. I never read the book though so was not aware of character synopsis from the book. That JR was a cracking film IMO not sure of 2nd one not had chance but i'm biased, I watched TOPGUN over 200 times before I was 14 on a VHS that was so worn it crinkled like an olden day film when playing.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No chance. I never read the book though so was not aware of character synopsis from the book. That JR was a cracking film IMO not sure of 2nd one not had chance but i'm biased, I watched TOPGUN over 200 times before I was 14 on a VHS that was so worn it crinkled like an olden day film when playing.

Don't think a book has anything to do with a film. Yes the plot comes from a book but to me on screen is a different thing...

Just now, transam said:

Don't think a book has anything to do with a film. Yes the plot comes from a book but to me on screen is a different thing...

Glad to hear it. So your view JR v JW which one did you prefer? 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Glad to hear it. So your view JR v JW which one did you prefer? 

JR was crap....JW was tongue in cheek but l had to watch it...It was OK, l didn't get bored with the filler stuff...

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Yes

Interesting but by any chance did you both read book first?

I like JR a lot more, the plot the dialogue (touch cheesy at times) the characters, the action and a few funny moments like in the bar.

But we all got different tastes. 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Interesting but by any chance did you both read book first?

I like JR a lot more, the plot the dialogue (touch cheesy at times) the characters, the action and a few funny moments like in the bar.

But we all got different tastes. 

I'd read most of the Reacher books, couldn't finish the most recent however, so I did have a picture in my mind of what the JR character should look like. TC fell short by about a foot for a start and just wasn't rugged enough IMO for the part, too much of a pretty boy. I couldn't think of any present actor who would have fitted the role better, but someone like Lee Marvin would have been perfect.

Just now, giddyup said:

I'd read most of the Reacher books, couldn't finish the most recent however, so I did have a picture in my mind of what the JR character should look like. TC fell short by about a foot for a start and just wasn't rugged enough IMO for the part, too much of a pretty boy. I couldn't think of any present actor who would have fitted the role better, but someone like Lee Marvin would have been perfect.

Someone suggested Liam Neeson previously. So you were disheartened from the outset. Makes sense if you read the books.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Someone suggested Liam Neeson previously. So you were disheartened from the outset. Makes sense if you read the books.

Liam would have been preferable, but getting a little long in the tooth now.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The right height....

58d78b9fb4633_clintwalkershirtless1.png.4cdaccb4bf9479c84d88d2d365c237a0.png