What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I'm watching Dragons Den UK/Ca/Ireland. And just today I was watching a rerun of Scrapheap Challenge UK note: I always had a crush on the presenter (see pic below) Where can I find a lady like this in Thailand?smile.png

Great IMDb bio: "She is known for... The Perfect Vagina."

I don't doubt it.

• Like 1

I'm watching Dragons Den UK/Ca/Ireland. And just today I was watching a rerun of Scrapheap Challenge UK note: I always had a crush on the presenter (see pic below) Where can I find a lady like this in Thailand?smile.png

In Thailand? Standard TV forum answer: Jenny Star Bar, Walking Street, Pattaya. Enjoy.

I don't doubt it.

Are there pictures anywhere to prove it?

I don't doubt it.

Are there pictures anywhere to prove it?

Patsy must be the only person in the Universe who has never watched Breaking Bad. I am downloading series one as i speak. I know that i will probably like it too much and stay up all night with that little devil saying "go on, just another episode" in my head. I may not be back for several days or weeks.... wish me luck!! My fridge and freezer are full.

Amazing. Now, BrBa would be perfect to save for the time you have to hole up during Songkran. You won't even think about going anywhere. Probably (this may be controversial to say here) the greatest series since The Wire & The Sopranos.

I agree that Breaking Bad is near the top of the heap, although - IMO - The Sopranos was slightly better.

I liked The Wire, but - to me - the season that concentrated on Omar Little was by far the best and the only one that was on the same level as Breaking Bad & The Sopranos. "Omar's coming!". What a GREAT year though. I think that it was season 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Little

This is for Omar fans. It is a short prequel of his first robbery as a child.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Seems that the creativity boffins at abc have hit a wall...

I present their latest offering: Forever which appears to be a slightly less quirky version of Sleepy Hollow blended with Elementary (which for those playing at home Season 3 kicks off at the end of October (30th) and if one hits the google search will find some bloody big spoilers!) (substitute Lucy Liu for Alana de La Garza (formerly of Law & Order - Assistant D.A Rubirosa - fame) and Ioan Gruffud comes in for Jonny Lee Miller. Pilot kicked off tonight, I'll give it a whirl as there's SFA on TV tonight save for Tyrant.

Can also confirm that Blacklist kicks off on the 22nd of September.

• Like 2

Patsy must be the only person in the Universe who has never watched Breaking Bad. I am downloading series one as i speak. I know that i will probably like it too much and stay up all night with that little devil saying "go on, just another episode" in my head. I may not be back for several days or weeks.... wish me luck!! My fridge and freezer are full.

Amazing. Now, BrBa would be perfect to save for the time you have to hole up during Songkran. You won't even think about going anywhere. Probably (this may be controversial to say here) the greatest series since The Wire & The Sopranos.

I agree that Breaking Bad is near the top of the heap, although - IMO - The Sopranos was slightly better.

I liked The Wire, but - to me - the season that concentrated on Omar Little was by far the best and the only one that was on the same level as Breaking Bad & The Sopranos. "Omar's coming!". What a GREAT year though. I think that it was season 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Little

This is for Omar fans. It is a short prequel of his first robbery as a child.

I have The Sopranos first followed by The Wire and then Breaking Bad.

Not much in it to be honest and all 3 are outstanding.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Top 3 TV series of all time? Easy:

1. Sopranos

2. Breaking Bad

3. Perry Mason

I agree on one and two, but was not a big fan of Perry Mason.

I have a big problem figuring out third on my list as there are so many contenders. Maybe "Lost" season 1-3, but it - IMO - sucked after that.

Top 3 TV series of all time? Easy:

1. Sopranos

2. Breaking Bad

3. Perry Mason

I agree on one and two, but was not a big fan of Perry Mason.

I have a big problem figuring out third on my list as there are so many contenders. Maybe "Lost" season 1-3, but it - IMO - sucked after that.

Would you put M*A*S*H* on that list? That one came to mind too.

*And, if comedy was included I would have to consider Seinfeld and also I Love Lucy.

Edited by keemapoot

Hi

I went to the movies last night to see the new film The Third Person with Liam Neeseon, it was excellent...

Honestly it got crap revues but it was excellent I loved it.

It features Mila kunis and Olivia Wilde so it can't be all bad.

The honorable member GrantSmith will be excited that James Franco is also starring

Hi

I went to the movies last night to see the new film The Third Person with Liam Neeseon, it was excellent...

The honorable member GrantSmith will be excited that James Franco is also starring

Honestly the film was amazing I loved it, just wished I had viewed the synopsis before I went in, it took me about half way through the film to realise what was going on,....

All the actors were excellent... Unfortunately it only got one star rating.. ?? Bizarre, yet the film The Rover, which I have also seen, was awful and that got five stars ??? Betas me how they work this out.

Never mind, so any film buffs out there , The Third Person is well worth the visit.

• Like 1

I loved Entourage, but not in the "greatest of all time" sort of way.

I think that Seinfeld is a contender, although I would not pick it personally.

I think TV is MUCH better now that it used to be, so I'm pretty biased against old series being near the top of the heap, even though I really enjoyed them at the time. I realize that is just an opinion though.

I actually would put Buffy the Vampire Slayer near the top of my favorites, but I doubt if many people would agree with me. Such good characters and - of course - she was so HOT!

• Like 2

Hi

Mila Klunis + Olivia Wilde? Hello heaven!

James who? :P

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

I think TV is MUCH better now that it used to be, so I'm pretty biased against old series being near the top of the heap, even though I really enjoyed them at the time. I realize that is just an opinion though.

I actually would put Buffy the Vampire Slayer near the top of my favorites, but I doubt if many people would agree with me. Such good characters and - of course - she was so HOT!

Yep, it's almost impossible to rate drama's against comedies etc.

And most shows do date. For example, Seinfeld was just about

my favourite comedy but now I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm.

And many years ago Fawlty Towers was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

I really liked the Sopranos but the reason I could not put it at the top of my best ever series was that none of the characters were likeable. Tony Soprano is a childish, heartless and selfish sociopath (which is why, of course, he was head of the family). That said it was well written, brilliantly acted and had staying power and I totally understand why many people have it at the top of their list.

Other noteable series were Teachers, Shameless UK (season 1 and 2), Extras, Hell on Wheels, Justified, Deadwood

• Like 1

Yep, it's almost impossible to rate drama's against comedies etc.

And most shows do date. For example, Seinfeld was just about

my favourite comedy but now I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm.

And many years ago Fawlty Towers was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

Good point from you and UG.

Curb Your Enthusiasm was brilliant, but so was Seinfeld, and so was Fawlty Towers. difficult to compare them together really

^IMO, Fawlty towers would win best comedy series ever made, hands down, except for one thing: too few episodes and seasons. I think critics who compile "best ever" lists use staying power as one of the qualifying criteria, being able to repeat excellence and keep doing it year after year.

^IMO, Fawlty towers would win best comedy series ever made, hands down, except for one thing: too few episodes and seasons. I think critics who compile "best ever" lists use staying power as one of the qualifying criteria, being able to repeat excellence and keep doing it year after year.

But IMO, that's one of the reasons why the English make the best shows.

They leave you wanting more like The Office, Extra's, Fawlty Towers etc etc.

In a lot of cases, the US just keep pumping out the shows for the dollars.

That's why a lot of the great early shows were from the BBC and ABC.

They were less interested in the dollar and more about the art.