What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Mad Men...Gone but Never Forgotten

The ending was well done, neither sensational, shocking, nor predictable. As an episode it was middling. There have been many better ones, such as S01E07, in which Dandy Don takes subtle but nasty revenge on Boss Roger for hitting on Don's wife Betty.

SEVEN YEAR OLD SPOILER FOLLOWS!

Don and Rog go out for lunch and consume mass quantities of raw oysters and martinis. Don pays off the elevator operator to fake that the building's only lift is "out of order". (One lift for a high rise in NYC! Unlikely.) They have to hike up 22 floors and are late for a client meeting. When old and outta shape Roger is being intro'd to the clients, he "loses his cookies" all over everybody's shoes, in front of the whole staff.

So, when can we start discussing this All Time TV Masterpiece in depth? Is a new thread called for?

ELEVEN

• Like 2

Anyone got any views or watch's 'modern family'

The first few seasons were okay but I cannot watch it anymore.

It has developed into a 'nauseatingly nice' comedy that promotes rampant consumerism as the norm.

Lame jokes that are run on repeat cycle

• Like 1

Masterchef USA has started again. I just love the cooking shows.

I think I've said this before but worth repeating, I love Master Chef Junior, the skill of those young kids (some as young as 8) puts me to shame [emoji17]

Just finished an excellent 3 part BBC series called The Detectives.

A three-part documentary that gives a close-up view of the day-to-day operations of the Serious Sexual Offences

Unit of Greater Manchester Police, the first dedicated rape investigation team in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05whdgf

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

'wayward pines' has mixed reviews but i'll give it ago

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/wayward-pines http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/wayward-pines/s01/

later,,,, promising

For me it was too Stepford Wives Club.. Stopped after 2nd episode... Can see it dragging on like Lost or Prison Break but with a Stepford Wives Club feel... That and Matt Dillon is a shit actor and Juliette Lewis can do a lot better...

Gotta say I'm disappointed (though not entirely surprised) Stalker got the chop... Wouldn't have mind seeing Maggie Q get her kit off wink.png

good premise, but it got kind of dumb plot wise fairly quickly...

attachicon.gifMagie q.jpg

Oh god, it was just as bad as Nikkita! How that show managed to hold on for so long is beyond me... BUT GOD DAMN BM that is a damn fine pic :D

• Like 2

Gotta say I'm disappointed (though not entirely surprised) Stalker got the chop... Wouldn't have mind seeing Maggie Q get her kit off wink.png

Oh god, it was just as bad as Nikkita! How that show managed to hold on for so long is beyond me... BUT GOD DAMN BM that is a damn fine pic biggrin.png

Funny coincidence you guys discussing Maggie Q, as I happened to have the Veetle Sci-Fi Action channel streaming in the entertainment room, and it is showing Priest, a mildly entertaining movie of hers. Got me thinking that ever since she did Mission Impossible II (Kind of akin to being a Bond Girl), she has had relatively few good roles in notable movies with the exception of Divergent, and a Die Hard movie.

• Like 2

Oh god, it was just as bad as Nikkita! How that show managed to hold on for so long is beyond me... BUT GOD DAMN BM that is a damn fine pic biggrin.png

Funny coincidence you guys discussing Maggie Q, as I happened to have the Veetle Sci-Fi Action channel streaming in the entertainment room, and it is showing Priest, a mildly entertaining movie of hers. Got me thinking that ever since she did Mission Impossible II (Kind of akin to being a Bond Girl), she has had relatively few good roles in notable movies with the exception of Divergent, and a Die Hard movie.

Yeah she's got a bit of a type-cast for Sci-Fi... I don't see it personally... But damn... What a fox! :D

The Paedophile Hunter.

Channel 4 Documentary about Stinson Hunter

I found this to be excellent. For me there was not much moral quandry

9.5/10 from me

Stinson Hunter isn’t 14; he’s 32. He’s also changed his name. He used to be called Keiren Parsons, and spent a troubled youth in care. These days, Hunter dedicates himself full-time to engaging, ensnaring and humiliating predatory paedophiles online.

The Paedophile Hunter (Channel 4) documented Hunter’s vigilante project in unsparing detail, resulting in the kind of film that restores your faith in absolutely nothing.

Operating out of Nuneaton, Hunter and a few cohorts set up online profiles for underage girls, and then wait to be contacted. In conversation with his targets, he always makes it clear his fake-self is underage, but otherwise does what he can to keep men interested and talking. In a sense, he grooms the groomers. He gets sent a lot of pictures of penises along the way. If possible, a meet is arranged, then Hunter ambushes his quarry, filming the result and posting it online. A package of evidence and a statement is sent to the police.

There is no element of this that is not disturbing. Although the evidence is largely anecdotal, it would appear that online grooming is commonplace, and that snaring paedophiles through subterfuge is like shooting fish in a barrel.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/oct/02/the-paedophile-hunter-review-dark-and-disturbing

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

The Paedophile Hunter.

9.5/10 from me

Stinson Hunter isn’t 14; he’s 32. He’s also changed his name. He used to be called Keiren Parsons, and spent a troubled youth in care. These days, Hunter dedicates himself full-time to engaging, ensnaring and humiliating predatory paedophiles online.

The Paedophile Hunter (Channel 4) documented Hunter’s vigilante project in unsparing detail, resulting in the kind of film that restores your faith in absolutely nothing.

Operating out of Nuneaton, Hunter and a few cohorts set up online profiles for underage girls, and then wait to be contacted. In conversation with his targets, he always makes it clear his fake-self is underage, but otherwise does what he can to keep men interested and talking. In a sense, he grooms the groomers. He gets sent a lot of pictures of penises along the way. If possible, a meet is arranged, then Hunter ambushes his quarry, filming the result and posting it online. A package of evidence and a statement is sent to the police.

There is no element of this that is not disturbing. Although the evidence is largely anecdotal, it would appear that online grooming is commonplace, and that snaring paedophiles through subterfuge is like shooting fish in a barrel.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/oct/02/the-paedophile-hunter-review-dark-and-disturbing

I agree BookMan, saw this last week.

Geez, the pedo's came from all walks of life, scary stuff.

• Like 1

Matt Dillon is a shit actor

Can't agree with that one.

Drugstore Cowboy

The Outsiders

There's Something About Mary

Rumble Fish

Crash

City of Ghosts

Sorry UG.. I just can't like the guy... I thought I'd give him a chance in wayward pines.. But nope.. Didn't work..

Matt Dillon is a shit actor

Can't agree with that one.

Drugstore Cowboy

The Outsiders

There's Something About Mary

Rumble Fish

Crash

City of Ghosts

Sorry UG.. I just can't like the guy... I thought I'd give him a chance in wayward pines.. But nope.. Didn't work..
Just watched most of episode 2 of

wayward pines and havent got an

axe to grind with matt dillon he just a grunt red neckish new yorker who.got lucky ,,good for him, but it really aint him thats the issue its the show

wayward pines, just aint that good cant say, think grant?did say which shows it was like but it sort of feels stale and strained a little

nowhere ish interesting to go,, but u never know a bit of a brainstorm and a new route could appear , but as it is ,,, nah sori,,

4 weeks ish ago i was suffocating with decent dramas on tv now,,, gone,, a famine <deleted> !!!!!

Even game of thrones is imo flattering to decieve atm maybe its having a mid season crisis !!

Edited by rijit

TV Series - 24 Hours in Police Custody

Watched episode 1 of this and it looks really good.

Seven episodes in series 1 and six in season 2.

Bedfordshire Police allowed more than 80 cameras to follow their
work for this landmark documentary.

This series follows officers as they respond to 999 calls and arrest suspects and witness the
relentless traffic from the custody cells to the interview rooms. The series captures in minute
detail the police interrogations as each case is pieced together, against the clock, to find the evidence to charge or release.

• Like 1

The Paedophile Hunter.

9.5/10 from me

Perhaps he just likes pictures of penises ,well its a thought,sorry i digress.

On the other side of this coin I can thoroughly recomend 'the hunt ' not the most comfortable watch or subject but Imo cinema of the top order imdb 8.3 rotten toms 9.3

Edited by rijit