What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

So put myself through The East, finished it around 2.30am...

I would have enjoyed it more if it was a proper intelligence agency and not a private security firm.

I'd go with a 5.5 too BookMan, it had potential for a lot more.

Makes me hate Greenpeace and organisations of their ilk even more, woke up this morning and wanted to take a dump in the ocean just to spite the lot of them...

The Frozen Ground. Based on the true story of serial killer Robert Hansen, who killed an estimated 17-20 women. This movie follows the story of the victim that got away, Cyndy Paulsen, and Hansen's capture. I give it a 6/10

Alaskan trooper, Jack Holcombe believes that Robert Hansen is a serial killer who abducts young girls then tortures and sexually assaults them then kills them. But he doesn't have enough evidence to justify a search warrant of Hansen's premises. He knows one of his victims, Cyndy Paulsen somehow survived so he tries to find her and asks her to help him. But when he finds her, she's a junkie and has trust issues. So Holcombe has to try and earn her trust so that she could help him. But Hansen is still doing it. IMDB Details here

Also watch The Bling Ring..

As good as Pain & Gain, in that how the f*** did they get away with it for so long! Unbelievable hahaha..

Emma Watson should stick to her native accent roles, an American accent does not suit her - nor for that matter does a tramp stamp :P

The half cast chick isn't bad either..

I'd give it a 7...

Trance:

Directed by Danny Boyle and starring James McAvoy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1924429/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

About an art auctioneer who has become mixed up with a group of criminals,

partners with a hypnotherapist in order to recover a lost painting.

A tad disappointing and I'd ordinarily give it a 6.5, but the nude scenes starring

Rosario Dawson have pushed it up to an 8.5 smile.png

If you're not interested in the movie, you could always look here for the restwhistling.gif

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10833863/rosario_dawson_full_frontal_nude_trance_2011/

Rosario is always worth watching!

The Iceman

I've marked this one pretty hard as I've perhaps unfairly compared it to the book by Philip Carlo

Which was exceptional.

Based on the life of Richard Kuklinski who was a contract killer for the mob.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1491044/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It stars the excellent Michael Shannon, but as Kuklinski was 6ft 5inches and over 300 pounds,

I don't think he really was the right actor for the part.

All in all a fair movie but it could've been so much more.

I'm giving it a 7.

Here Is an Interesting article about the wife of the 'Ice Man'

And all of a sudden it was like 'I knew that','' she says now. ''I knew he was a murderer.''

Today, Barbara lives in a small flat in the basement of a white shingled house in suburban New York state, which she shares with her younger daughter Christin and her boyfriend and three dogs. At 71, she suffers from arthritis of the spine and a cluster of other chronic illnesses. She prides herself on her intelligence and strength of will. ''Don't ask my opinion,'' she says, ''if you don't want the truth.''

Throughout their marriage, Richard Kuklinski had used the facade of the suburban family man to conceal a litany of killing. There were murders committed in anger, others just for fun and still more for profit. For 20 years, he had made his living as one of the most proficient and prolific contract killers in the history of organised crime, a professional hitman whose claims of freezing his victims' bodies to outfox forensic experts led the media to nickname him the Ice Man.

Edited by BookMan

Peter in "Dr. Strangelove".

I feel it is an example which has most of the good that has been lost in film since the last 60s.

I do not watch movies no more.

Other than once a month or two if I can find one that is worth not posting on TVF for 2 hours.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Peter in "Dr. Strangelove".

I feel it is an example which has most of the good that has been lost in film since the last 60s.

I do not watch movies no more.

Other than once a month or two if I can find one that is worth not posting on TVF for 2 hours.

How about some foreign films to tempt you?

'A Prophet'

'Tsotsi'

I am a fan of the prison doco style series. Also aIrport security style ones. Can't remember if i mentioned this series, which IMO is one of the better ones.

Lockup

Lockup is a prison documentary series, produced by 44 Blue Productions, which airs on MSNBC. The Lockupfranchise also includes Lockup: Raw, Lockup: World Tour, Lockup: Extended Stay, Lockup: Special Investigation, and Life After Lockup.

Lockup (and the other series in the franchise) explore prison facilities throughout the US, profiling notable inmates, incidents, and prison operations. A typical episode usually follows one or two inmates as they attend disciplinary hearings, receive visits from family, and interact with other inmates. In some episodes, inmates are provided with personal video cameras ("inmate cams") to use in their cells for recording their though. From WIki Article Here

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27118605/

Edited by BookMan

The Iceman

I've marked this one pretty hard as I've perhaps unfairly compared it to the book by Philip Carlo

Which was exceptional.

It stars the excellent Michael Shannon, but as Kuklinski was 6ft 5inches and over 300 pounds,

I'm giving it a 7.

And all of a sudden it was like 'I knew that','' she says now. ''I knew he was a murderer.''

Today, Barbara lives in a small flat in the basement of a white shingled house in suburban New York state, which she shares with her younger daughter Christin and her boyfriend and three dogs. At 71, she suffers from arthritis of the spine and a cluster of other chronic illnesses. She prides herself on her intelligence and strength of will. ''Don't ask my opinion,'' she says, ''if you don't want the truth.''

Throughout their marriage, Richard Kuklinski had used the facade of the suburban family man to conceal a litany of killing. There were murders committed in anger, others just for fun and still more for profit. For 20 years, he had made his living as one of the most proficient and prolific contract killers in the history of organised crime, a professional hitman whose claims of freezing his victims' bodies to outfox forensic experts led the media to nickname him the Ice Man.

Thanks for that mate.

I've seen the HBO specials and he was one scary dude.

The book is sensational.

• Like 1

The Iceman

Which was exceptional.

I'm giving it a 7.

Thanks for that mate.

I've seen the HBO specials and he was one scary dude.

The book is sensational.

• Like 1

I enjoyed The Iceman (movie) and thought that it was well done and that it mostly captured the spirit of the book. I would not have even though about the size of the actor as he did such a good job at appearing to be fierce. The only thing that I might complain about is that they made the Iceman too sympathetic. He tortured people and use to feed live victims to hoards of rats and videotape it to watch later. They left that part out and made it seem like just killed people for money without thinking about it a lot.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I enjoyed The Iceman (movie) and thought that it was well done and that it mostly captured the spirit of the book. I would not have even though about the size of the actor as he did such a good job at appearing to be fierce. The only thing that I might complain about is that they made the Iceman too sympathetic. He tortured people and use to feed live victims to hoards of rats and videotape it to watch later. They left that part out and made it seem like just killed people for money without thinking about it a lot.

I'd agree. It was very sympathetic to him. Also made out he was a loving husband whose wife was his first love. He already was married with 2 kids at that stage and apparently was a bit violent at home

Seems Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire has kicked off as well...

Will give it one last chance to impress after watching the first 3 seasons...

Ray Donovan continues to impress, hoping Ray will just knock his old man off and get on with it. It's rather frustrating watching him - Mickey - squirm his way out of dying time after time...

Seems Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire has kicked off as well...

Will give it one last chance to impress after watching the first 3 seasons...

Ray Donovan continues to impress, hoping Ray will just knock his old man off and get on with it. It's rather frustrating watching him - Mickey - squirm his way out of dying time after time...

**spoiler alert**

GrantSmith, I am glad you said this re: Ray Donovan. The twist for the latest episode paid off, but come on!!! Please don't do a Sons Of Anarchy on us.

I was enjoying The Bridge, but the last 2 episodes have left me a little jaded...another genius ex-fbi killer, always one step ahead? coffee1.gif

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Exactly BookMan!!!

Speaking of SoA that's due to start again this week, I think... Confirmed, just checked with IMDB, airing tomorrow morning (Thai time)..

I also hope this bit of alright gets more than a bit part... Her character name is "Cute", I'd suggest they change it to "Understatement" tongue.png

EDIT: Further investigation reveals she's only in 2 episodes... Ho hum...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

Watched the first 20 mins of Sons of Anarchy...

F***ing brutal scenes...

So I finished it... One interesting further turn of event, but mostly predictable...

"Could" be an interesting season...

Best line though: "ya know, callin' me Uncle Touchy, makes me sound like a paedophile..."

So Boardwalk Empire seems to be going through its paces early on, could get interesting. Then again it could be complete <deleted>.

Caught a new show - Ironside - seems quite good...

Whitechapel's an interesting one...

Suits is continuing its good run as well...

Nothing of interest on the big screen at the moment, though I must remember to watch The Expatriate...

I watched GI Joe, Rise of the Cobra last night on dvd, not too bad, less action than I was expecting, lots of gadgets and some good special effects. I will give it 7/10.

I might have a look at that one in that case. I have put it off expecting a dud

So Boardwalk Empire seems to be going through its paces early on, could get interesting. Then again it could be complete <deleted>.

Caught a new show - Ironside - seems quite good...

Whitechapel's an interesting one...

Suits is continuing its good run as well...

Nothing of interest on the big screen at the moment, though I must remember to watch The Expatriate...

Ironside looks like it has potential.

It is interesting that the central character of Ironside is now African American, different from the original series, when Ironside was white.

The hard edge is still there , though, it looks like there is more sex and policing outside the rule of the book.

http://youtu.be/BliTQcK3tA0

I watched GI Joe, Rise of the Cobra last night on dvd, not too bad, less action than I was expecting, lots of gadgets and some good special effects. I will give it 7/10.

I might have a look at that one in that case. I have put it off expecting a dud

Sorry, I thought u meant the second one GI Joe retaliation....

I did see Rise of the Cobra a while back. thumbsup.gif