What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I just got After Earth on DVD, after seeing the shorts at the cinema prior to it's release I was expecting an action packed edge of your seat movie, it does have some action in it, but its mostly about father and son bonding under extreme circumstances. It is good to see a father and son working together as father and son in a movie, which seems to work well for the whole inner journey thing that underscores the movie, for me I will score it 7/10, I was expecting more, but at the same time I'm not too disappointed with what the movie delivered.

• Like 1

I just got After Earth on DVD, after seeing the shorts at the cinema prior to it's release I was expecting an action packed edge of your seat movie, it does have some action in it, but its mostly about father and son bonding under extreme circumstances. It is good to see a father and son working together as father and son in a movie, which seems to work well for the whole inner journey thing that underscores the movie, for me I will score it 7/10, I was expecting more, but at the same time I'm not too disappointed with what the movie delivered.

I haven't watched this yet. I was looking forward to it from early trailers I had seen, but then i read some reviews that panned it.

I might give it a go after reading your review.

• Like 1

Interesting tie in in the Castle TV Series.

Just started Season 2 after it being mentioned here a few times.

One of the main characters is a crime fiction writer who goes around with the police detectives helping to solve crimes.

In one scene the crime fiction writer plays cards with a few of his writing buddies. They include real life writers (playing themselves) Michael Connelly and Stephen J. Cannell.

James Patterson also plays himself in 2 episodes.

Blue Bloods: I started to watch this back home on the TV as opposed to purveying a digital copy from the internet and enjoyed it, as time went on I forgot about it... So decided to revisit it yesterday on the back of it popping up on my usual sites... Missed a couple of seasons, so will let them slide for another day... Caught up on the first 5 of the current season (4th)... Still enjoyable to watch and love the family banter around the dinner table... I'll move it into my permanent rotation ;)

• Like 1

I watched Man of steel a couple of nights ago, it took a little while for the movie to get going, slow start, but once the action started it was worth the wait. The producers have given the usual Super Man story a bit of a tweek. It is a long movie, but it is also a very well made movie IMO, some great special effects and a well told story. I will score it 8/10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I watched Man of steel a couple of nights ago, it took a little while for the movie to get going, slow start, but once the action started it was worth the wait. The producers have given the usual Super Man story a bit of a tweek. It is a long movie, but it is also a very well made movie IMO, some great special effects and a well told story. I will score it 8/10.

I have that queued up to watch

I have that queued up to watch

Enjoy, my wife and I did.

One of the main characters is a crime fiction writer who goes around with the police detectives helping to solve crimes.

In one scene the crime fiction writer plays cards with a few of his writing buddies. They include real life writers (playing themselves) Michael Connelly and Stephen J. Cannell.

So what's your call on the Castle?

To be honest, I've seen it advertised on True but haven't given

it much thought until you mentioned it.

So what's your call on the Castle?

To be honest, I've seen it advertised on True but haven't given

it much thought until you mentioned it.

I watched season 1 quite a while back..and forgot about the series. I was prompted to watch it again from Grantsmith mentioning it a few times here.

Half way through season 2 now.

Standard murder committed and solved within the 40 minutes time frame plot. No raunchy sex or anything. I've been watching some episodes on the computer while I do work, doesn't matter if you zone out for five minutes.

It's an light and enjoyable watch. 5.5/10 from me

• Like 1

I watched season 1 quite a while back..and forgot about the series. I was prompted to watch it again from Grantsmith mentioning it a few times here.

Standard murder committed and solved within the 40 minutes time frame plot. No raunchy sex or anything. I've been watching some episodes on the computer while I do work, doesn't matter if you zone out for five minutes.

Castle? Not me BM... I can't stand the show... hahaha...

Castle? Not me BM... I can't stand the show... hahaha...

Apologies GrantSmith, I thought it was you.

Perhaps I subconsciously mentioned it and then decide to watch it.

Edit: A quick search on the word 'Castle' within this thread shows that no one but myself, Will27 and Grantsmith mentioned it...so...the mystery deepens

Edited by BookMan

Watched The Internship this week. We split it over a couple of days. Couple of 40ish year old techno illiterate guys who lose their job and apply for an internship at Google.

It brings together Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson once more. I loved these guys in Wedding Crashers. They bounce off each other so well that it is surprising they have not teamed up more often.

The laughs do take some time to come in this movie. Mid way through and towards the end it provides a few.

5/10 from me

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Tonight's viewing line up includes; The Blacklist (wife's new fav), Hello Ladies (f*** knows why I put myself through this painful 20 minutes, guess I wanna see Merchant not f*** something up), Boardwalk Empire (I fell asleep last night having put myself through the Blue Bloods catchup) and if time permits either Turbo or Junkie - both extremely differing genres :P

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tonight's viewing line up includes; The Blacklist (wife's new fav), Hello Ladies (f*** knows why I put myself through this painful 20 minutes, guess I wanna see Merchant not f*** something up), Boardwalk Empire (I fell asleep last night having put myself through the Blue Bloods catchup) and if time permits either Turbo or Junkie - both extremely differing genres tongue.png

I'm also quite enjoying the Blacklist

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Man of Steel. This is one movie I wished I had seen on the big screen. I was expecting an average superhero movie but this one delivers much more. Full of action and SFX, it goes a quite a bit longer than most of this genre at 143 minutes but is enjoyable to the end.

Fuly agree with TomTao 8/10

Edited by BookMan

Really enjoyed Man of Steel. This is one movie I wished I had seen on the big screen. I was expecting an average superhero movie but this one delivers much more. Full of action and SFX, it goes a quite a bit longer than most of this genre at 143 minutes but is enjoyable to the end.

Fuly agree with TomTao 8/10

I found it extremely long and tedious.

Fell asleep before the end.

Tonight's viewing line up includes; The Blacklist (wife's new fav), Hello Ladies (f*** knows why I put myself through this painful 20 minutes, guess I wanna see Merchant not f*** something up), Boardwalk Empire (I fell asleep last night having put myself through the Blue Bloods catchup) and if time permits either Turbo or Junkie - both extremely differing genres Posted Image

I hope it doesn't become predictable like your other favourite series "The Following" :P

I do enjoy Spader's banter, almost as good as he was in Boston Legal.

So to catch up on this weeks stuff because Thursdays or Wednesday in the states is dead...

Hello Ladies; f*** me Merchant's character is a tool, as is his guesthouse mate... Grrr... His wheelchair mate Keevis needs to have more input! Cracks me up...

NCIS: Going through its motions, needs to refocus on Ziva and or her replacement... Fairly decent episode this week...

NCIS Los Angeles: continues to tick along without being boring...

Boardwalk Empire: could FINALLY regain traction that it lost around season 2...

Sons of Anarchy: starting to hate Jax's old lady...

Haven't watched Turbo or Junkie yet :P

I see Angelina's latest movie has come out - Bounty Killers, looks less than appealing...

The wife's keen to watch "About Time" looks quite funny with Bill Nighy, looks like Love Actually (same director) meets Back to the Future, can't find it via the usual suspects though...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tonight's viewing line up includes; The Blacklist (wife's new fav), Hello Ladies (f*** knows why I put myself through this painful 20 minutes, guess I wanna see Merchant not f*** something up), Boardwalk Empire (I fell asleep last night having put myself through the Blue Bloods catchup) and if time permits either Turbo or Junkie - both extremely differing genres tongue.png

I hope it doesn't become predictable like your other favourite series "The Following" tongue.png

I do enjoy Spader's banter, almost as good as he was in Boston Legal.

So to catch up on this weeks stuff because Thursdays or Wednesday in the states is dead...

Hello Ladies; f*** me Merchant's character is a tool, as is his guesthouse mate... Grrr... His wheelchair mate Keevis needs to have more input! Cracks me up...

NCIS: Going through its motions, needs to refocus on Ziva and or her replacement... Fairly decent episode this week...

NCIS Los Angeles: continues to tick along without being boring...

Boardwalk Empire: could FINALLY regain traction that it lost around season 2...

Haven't watched Turbo or Junkie yet tongue.png

I see Angelina's latest movie has come out - Bounty Killers, looks less than appealing...

The wife's keen to watch "About Time" looks quite funny with Bill Nighy, looks like Love Actually (same director) meets Back to the Future, can't find it via the usual suspects though...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Turbo eh?

Tara was quickly turning into Jemma, but is trying to put the brakes on.

I would be surprised if setting up Jemma, with so many people knowing what she did, will work out the way that she intended.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Tara was quickly turning into Jemma, but is trying to put the brakes on.

I would be surprised if setting up Jemma, with so many people knowing what she did, will work out the way that she intended.

Agree.. I think it will backfire in a big way.. Well hopefully ;)

Just watched RED 2 (Retired Extremely Dangerous) last night, fully enjoyed it.

Still, I suppose any movie with a line-up with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins & John Malkovich in it can't be that bad.

Storyline from IMDB reads:

"Retired C.I.A. agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device."

• Like 1

So it seems some shows are in some kind of recess...

With that in mind, I've decided to embark on some new viewing... Included in this new selection are;

Dracula: well it started today so it really doesn't count

Brooklyn 99: Just watched the preview on IMDB, I got a bit carried away and now "she who must be obeyed" is none to impressed with my outbursts :P

Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Could be an interesting one...

The Crazy Ones: David E Kelly (Boston Legal, Ally McBeal) - this could be the best show ever! Robin Williams! Shut the front door! What a pisser! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2710104/

So it seems some shows are in some kind of recess...

With that in mind, I've decided to embark on some new viewing... Included in this new selection are;

Dracula: well it started today so it really doesn't count

Brooklyn 99: Just watched the preview on IMDB, I got a bit carried away and now "she who must be obeyed" is none to impressed with my outbursts tongue.png

Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Could be an interesting one...

The Crazy Ones: David E Kelly (Boston Legal, Ally McBeal) - this could be the best show ever! Robin Williams! Shut the front door! What a pisser! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2710104/

Be interested on your take for Brooklyn Nine Nine. I watched two episodes. Had some funny parts but didn't hold my interest.

AM very interested in watching The Crazy Ones. I enjoy a lot of Robyn Williams stuff.

Be interested on your take for Brooklyn Nine Nine. I watched two episodes. Had some funny parts but didn't hold my interest.

AM very interested in watching The Crazy Ones. I enjoy a lot of Robyn Williams stuff.

I'll advise on Brooklyn Nine Nine...

But have just finished the first 2 episodes of The Crazy Ones... Love it! The wife's still not thrilled I'm wasting time, but I've issued a memo that states I have no qualms in re-watching it later... It's that funny! It's like his stand up shows...

I've also issued another memo that states I'll be taking the afternoon off with immediate effect...

• Like 1

Just finished watching Orange Is The New Black and I enjoyed it.

A few quirky characters and the main prison guard is a cack.

The naked lesbian prison sex wasn't too foul eitherbiggrin.png

I'd give it a solid 7.5.

Top series and looking forward to Season 2

" Serangoon Road "

From W.S.J.:

This is Singapore of the 1960s, brought back to life, film-noir style, in the TV series “Serangoon Road,” co-produced by the Australian Broadcasting Corp. and HBO Asia, the Singapore-based affiliate of U.S. TV network HBO.

Opium dens, race riots, prostitutes and murders at the hands of ruthless secret societies, set against the backdrop of a country’s fledgling independence movement.

Watched "Ender´s game" yesterday. I enjoyed it but it was obviously difficult to adapt it to the big screen.

The story line was more sped up than a tuk tuk driver on yabaa, so you really didn't connect to the other characters in the movie. What supposedly took several years in the book was now done in the matter of a few weeks in the movie. Another thing that really bugged me was Harrison Ford, who gave his worst performance ever.

Despite all that, the movie kept close to the core, the book. It wasn't bad but it didn't have the "wow" effect either but... I wouldn´t mind watching the sequel if there is going to be one.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1