What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The Founder (2016)

This drama tells the true story of how Ray Kroc, a salesman from Illinois, met Mac and Dick McDonald, who were running a burger operation in 1950s Southern California. Kroc was impressed by the brothers' speedy system of making the food and saw franchise potential. He maneuvered himself into a position to be able to pull the company from the brothers and create a billion-dollar empire.

A good movie that could have been a little longer. When Kroc buys out the Mcdonald brothers the movie seems to fast forward and finish to quick. I wanted to see the rise of Ray Kroc into a Billionare. I guess that will be in the sequel.

20160421165104-michael-keaton-the-founder.jpeg

Edited by tukkytuktuk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

he Founder (2016)

This drama tells the true story of how Ray Kroc, a salesman from Illinois, met Mac and Dick McDonald, who were running a burger operation in 1950s Southern California.

Yes, interesting true story.

The brothers obviously didn't have much business vision and I didn't blame Ray Kroc for taking advantage and developing the business into the giant it is today.

But he lost my respect when, on a handshake he cheated them out of the 1% which is would be worth millions per year today.

The brothers were just to old world and trusting.

:sad:

Watched Logan the other day at Terminal 21, I thought the first 20 mins or so were a bit slow but other than that it was a good film. A couple of surprise bits in the film which I was not expecting

Sent from my iPhone whilst having a cold beer

Watching the latest season of Shameless the US version. Still funny as ever. Anyone for anymore documentary gems they want to share. Loved badlands, Texas. I watched one on the Oklahoma bombing recent docu. That was pretty interesting. Any heads up there fellas?

• Like 1

Watched youtube complete garbage for over 2 hours yesterday. Why did I do that was what I came to the conclusion of. First it was the worlds fastest robots and then the worlds smallest robots and on and on it went. Killed 2 hours but I learnt nothing and in the end it irritated me. Need something to focus on. Come on Will. Where are you?

Watched youtube complete garbage for over 2 hours yesterday. Why did I do that was what I came to the conclusion of. First it was the worlds fastest robots and then the worlds smallest robots and on and on it went. Killed 2 hours but I learnt nothing and in the end it irritated me. Need something to focus on. Come on Will. Where are you?

You can guarantee that if the title starts with " Worlds Greatest " or "Worlds Funniest " or " Worlds Wildest " etc etc, then it's gonna be a complete waste of time.

Usually a 1 hour program that could be condensed into 10 minutes and not even worth watching at that.

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

You might enjoy this doco mate.

I did.

IMDB: An in-depth look at the life and work of American journalist James Foley, who was killed by ISIS terrorists in 2014.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2017 at 9:58 PM, Will27 said:

You might enjoy this doco mate.

I did.

IMDB: An in-depth look at the life and work of American journalist James Foley, who was killed by ISIS terrorists in 2014.

Very emotional if not private film that should really be for family and friends of James Foley to watch. There is nothing too graphic or violent in this documentary, if anything it is very relaxing to watch. What you learn from watching this is how important life is and not to let small problems we all have get you down. It also gives you an insight into whats going on in these dangerous middle eastern countries and that they too have suffered from the war. That is what this documentary shows you that war only creates hate and that for these few desperate hostages it also created so much love. I'm sorry I just can't explain it, but again a very emotional film.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2017 at 6:09 PM, Ace of Pop said:

Just a tip .When watching a Series 123 Movies auto plays through all the Episodes.Talen me 6 months to realize .emoji233.png

How do you go back to the first episode? I get a bunch of series that are already in progress and can not figure out how to start from the beginning. It is pretty useless trying to start with the latest episodes when I have missed a lot of older ones.

See what you mean.For example .Walking Dead .Enter in the search box .It finds the first series ,but doesn't mention all the others,fear not ,when you get to the last episode it loads Series2 automatically .Auto Play is in the bar thing near the volume thing .Not very good at Geeky Speak Hope that helps.?[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1066: A Year to Conquer England

An excellent documentary from Dan Snow currently running on the beeb.

Spoiler: Some bloke gets poked in the eye near the start :)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1