What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Liam would have been preferable, but getting a little long in the tooth now.

Maybe that dude whose Swedish could have done it. Bit of a mean face was in a few decent things in USA recently. Lost track of him recently. He was star of snabbercash  (easy money) Swedish film. I think he was the robocop but he was in a  gritty series and he played neesons son in some film too. 

Joel kinnaman

Edited by Rc2702

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe that dude whose Swedish could have done it. Bit of a mean face was in a few decent things in USA recently. Lost track of him recently. He was star of snabbercash  (easy money) Swedish film. I think he was the robocop but he was in a  gritty series and he played nelsons son in some film too. 

Joel kinnaman

Viggo Mortensen would have been OK as well.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Viggo Mortensen would have been OK as well.

10 years ago maybe but that lad is pushing 60 now. Not a towering presence either. Of course age is not a factor but his frame etc these days is not there. Not sure it ever was; compare this Marvin fella.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

10 years ago maybe but that lad is pushing 60 now. Not a towering presence either. Of course age is not a factor but his frame etc these days is not there. Not sure it ever was; compare this Marvin fella.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I was remembering his role in "A History of Violence".

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Michael shannon

Yeah, that may have been a good choice, but don't often see him playing the tough guy roles. I'm actually watching a movie of his now called Frank & Lola.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yeah, that may have been a good choice, but don't often see him playing the tough guy roles. I'm actually watching a movie of his now called Frank & Lola.

Shannon was the baddy in last Superman film and he had a tough guy role (bit part) in tiger land he was the guy who was going to electrocuted testicle  "drop trow" but his best tough guy role was the Iceman. Based on real life events.

Edited by Rc2702

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Shannon was the baddy in last Superman film and he had a tough guy role (bit part) in tiger land he was the guy who was going to electrocuted testicle  "drop trow" but his best tough guy role was the Iceman. Based on real life events.

Just don't see him punching people out though.

20 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

The Plank

My kids had me watching this last night. I got through it by naming everyone that turned up (25+) although some were hard to recognize on such poor quality copy (Exodus).

If I tried to name that many players in a modern film i'd be lucky to manage more than four :sick:

Edited by evadgib

Sacrifice (2016)

Sacrifice is the story of consultant surgeon, Tora Hamilton, who moves with her husband, Duncan, to the remote Shetland Islands, 100 miles off the north-east coast of Scotland. Deep in the peat soil around her new home, Tora discovers the body of a young woman with rune marks carved into her skin and a gaping hole where her heart once beat. Ignoring warnings to leave well alone, Tora uncovers terrifying links to a legend that might never have been confined to the pages of the story-books.

An incredible movie and amazing performance .
We live in a messed up world and we know nothing about small places or places without visitors. It's definitely different kind of world, living and understanding.
It is way beyond traditions and believing.

I feel sorry for all the people who must die just because of some pagan rituals and some disgusting believing and practising wierd religions.

tmp_18671-SACRIFICE16REVFEAT106398117.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

On March 25, 2017 at 4:50 AM, Rc2702 said:

I love this film it's a bloody long one but a great film 

Thanks. I have not seen that for quite a while, so watched it again. Lots of actors who went on to become famous, including Billy Bob Thorton in a minor role.

51 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

30 degrees in February, on Netflix . A Swedish series about a fat loser who goes to Thailand to find a wife and falls in love with a lady boy

English subtitles

Very entertaining!

Some of its in Swedish and some in English and you need to zoom in to watch. But you can see if it's your cup of tea or not. Not mine, looks depressing!

• Like 1

Some of its in Swedish and some in English and you need to zoom in to watch. But you can see if it's your cup of tea or not. Not mine, looks depressing!

Yes it's depressing but with some good belly laughs. They actually did a good job in showing how farang get ripped off.

It's actually follows the journey of a couple and a single mum with teen daughter and the fat guy. . End of the day they all fail miserably and the message is like posted on so many threads here that thailand may not be the utopia you thought it was

37 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Yes it's depressing but with some good belly laughs. They actually did a good job in showing how farang get ripped off.

It's actually follows the journey of a couple and a single mum with teen daughter and the fat guy. . End of the day they all fail miserably and the message is like posted on so many threads here that thailand may not be the utopia you thought it was

Thailand may not be the Utopia you thought it was.A utopia is an imagined community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its citizens. Therefore not real. So what do you mean?

Thailand may not be the Utopia you thought it was.A utopia is an imagined community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its citizens. Therefore not real. So what do you mean?

You just answered your own question
It's imagined
But

Not real

By your reasoning the word utopia should not even exist since it's not real there would be no meaningful use.

I don't think you understand in what context that word is used in.
Back to school for you!

19 hours ago, Slaps said:

.The Meaning of Life

I'd forgotten how funny this is. ' Could we have a window open, please sir?'  

Wymer's useful remark about putting clothes on the lower peg prior sexual intercourse was not well received by the master.

• Like 2

2 new series...well...new for me, in the case of the 1st one:

Fortitude

A bit like Fargo and The X- Files had a baby...only less funny!

and

Legion

A really visually interesting take on the X-Men/ Mutant- story!