What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

10 hours ago, HidyHo said:

usenet has been around since the beginning of internet :)

I use MPC-HC (version bundled with K-Lite codec) to view my videos.  It has good subtitle integration with 4 different sources.  I watch all my shows with subtitle displayed.  For TV shows, I also sometimes use addic7ed website and subscene website for both TV and movies.  Also, many WEB-DL releases come with embedded subtitles which can automatically displayed.

I got Sickrage on my QNAP Nas drive so i stick with that. I don't even have to have a computer on for it to download as my NAS is always on. I let it download all the stuff from usenet. 

My GF always wants me to find English Subs for her series.. i understand that as its hard to watch English if its not your native language. I don't need the subs anymore but for her its more then needed.

12 hours ago, coops said:

Ssssh..the first rule about usenet is not to talk about usenet.... ;-)

I stick with Sickrage as it has built in subtitle download - 'tis marvellous really.

Not too sure about 'The Saint' ... but definitely worth seeking out a copy of 'The Prisoner', the 1967 (!) Uk version obviously... not the US remake

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061287/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Wonder why people want to pay for usenet, since every tv show with subtitles is available for free in Kodi as soon as it is released, and no download required.

Just watched The Greatest Showman with Hugh Jackman.............don't usually like musical type movies but this was exceptional and really true to the story of PT Barnum. 

Great and uplifting songs, fantastic choreography and all in all a joy to watch.

• Like 2

Tv Documentary: Rachel Nickell: The Untold Story

I hadn't heard of this case previously.
Quite harrowing TBH.

Summary: The murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common in 1992 horrified the nation. She was stabbed to death in broad daylight
in front of her two-year-old son Alexander who was reportedly found clinging to her body saying: “Mummy, Mummy, wake up.

• Like 1

Quite harrowing TBH.

Summary: The murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common in 1992 horrified the nation. She was stabbed to death in broad daylight
in front of her two-year-old son Alexander who was reportedly found clinging to her body saying: “Mummy, Mummy, wake up.

Remember it well, as I was brought-up not too far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Quite harrowing TBH.

I saw it last week and couldn't believe Colin Stagg wasn't a lot more angry at how Plod & the media treated him.

You might also like 'The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries' from a few years back which is very similar re a later murder in Bristol.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/dec/10/turning-the-story-of-christopher-jefferies-into-a-tv-drama-fails-to-redress-the-balance-of-justice

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I saw it last week and couldn't believe Colin Stagg wasn't a lot more angry at how Plod & the media treated him.

You might also like 'The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries' from a few years back which is very similar re a later murder in Bristol.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/dec/10/turning-the-story-of-christopher-jefferies-into-a-tv-drama-fails-to-redress-the-balance-of-justice

Yep, saw that one a few years ago.

Was very good.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Quite harrowing TBH.

Yes, it was horrible. My office was maybe 3 miles away from there & I regularly went past where it happened. Still shocks me when I think about it.

• Like 1

Colin was a bit of an idiot, if I remember rightly. He was a neighbor of my (no1)ex-wife and easily misguided.

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

Colin was a bit of an idiot, if I remember rightly. He was a neighbor of my (no1)ex-wife and easily misguided.

Yep, didn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Having said that, he got destroyed by the cops and media.

He spent a year in custody as well and from what I saw, they didn't have

one shred of evidence against him.

If that happened now, he could probably sue the police and get a huge payout

for entrapment at the very least.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I gave up on it, I downloaded the whole series from TPB but only the first two episodes had English subs, the rest none. Too many other things to watch rather than go hunting for a series that may or may not be any good.

Yep, the episodes using the foreign name are all over the place.

Best to download using the English name: Below the Surface.

These are being broadcast by the BBC and have good embedded subs.

They're (BBC) releasing 2 episodes a week it seems.

Episodes 1 and 2 are available now.

Annihilation...

Best way for me to describe---This is Odd,.... its written/Dir by Alex Garland, who done Ex Machina--if your into his type of Sci-Fi, then stick with it, other wise most people will be reaching for the remote after 15 min. Its well acted, I ended up enjoying it. Sci-fi takes place on earth, where some sort of Shimmer has been growing slowly the last 5 years---Thec/Military teams go in to check it out...but no one comes back out. The latest team Biologists etc is all female . The film was  based on the first book in the "Southern Reach" trilogy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2798920/?ref_=rvi_tt

• Like 2

Innocent

A four-episode UK-produced series, made I think mainly for overseas consumption..... running now in New Z/ Oz / UK   ---shown January in--  Netherlands / Denmark /
After seven years in a high-security prison, David Collins' (Lee Ingleby) conviction for the murder of his wife, Tara, is overturned due to a technicality, 3rd episode shown UK last night---8.2 on IMDB..(I have not seen it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5963958/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Innocent

A four-episode UK-produced series, made I think mainly for overseas consumption..... running now in New Z/ Oz / UK   ---shown January in--  Netherlands / Denmark /
After seven years in a high-security prison, David Collins' (Lee Ingleby) conviction for the murder of his wife, Tara, is overturned due to a technicality, 3rd episode shown UK last night---8.2 on IMDB..(I have not seen it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5963958/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Can't find it.....:shock1:

On 3/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, Will27 said:

Yep, didn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Having said that, he got destroyed by the cops and media.

He spent a year in custody as well and from what I saw, they didn't have

one shred of evidence against him.

If that happened now, he could probably sue the police and get a huge payout

for entrapment at the very least.

He did get 750,000 pounds as compensation and blew it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1