Farang pays 10 million baht to marry Thai boyfriend! But it's all about love!

rooster59

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

I hear what you are saying, but don't you think the horsetrading that is Sin sod invites cynicism in 2018?

Even if it was actually horse trading for 10 mill I guess the mare would definitely have a huge grin.

• Like 1

All the best but you have to question why such a large dowry was given? This just makes it look like the Thai guy just married him for the dowry. The age difference is also a concern. Not wanting to sh1t on their parade but this foreign guy needs to be ready for heartbreak soon.

31224753_203568776917309_594320835214940

Edited by tukkytuktuk

Slightly off topic: Does anyone know of a farang woman receiving sinsod? I know 4 foreign women married to Thai guys, but none of them asked for/received anything. I'm just wondering that if it is such a "part of the culture" why didn't the grooms' families insist on it? (Even just as a symbolic gesture and then the couples could've returned the money later.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Yes, he can do as he wishes. If he wants to have carnal relations with another male who is young enough to be his grandson, so be it. However, he is not proving his love. Rather, he is showing how pathetic and desperate he is.  look at that crowd. They are all at the bottom of the social hierarchy and he's handing over 10MM baht to win their approval?  

The man is at 60+ years and if he wants to have carnal relations with a boy young enough to be his grandson, obviously he is going to have to pay. All the hair dye and botox in the world will not  change reality. It's a shame he didn't use some of that money for his teeth.

The young boy who looks to be in his early 20's, is wearing enough  cake makeup to cover up his pockmarks and blemishes, but once it washes off and he has a tantrum, he won't be so desirable.  marriages in which one party must purchases the services of another quickly bankrupt and we will be reading of a divorce or an untimely "accident" soon enough.

Just as the chap can do as he wishes, so can the world exposed to this.  We are allowed to laugh at the poor choice and to guffaw and to smirk at his spectacle of loserdom.

You may be right, and there are plenty sob stories posted on TV to back you up, but we usually only hear of the poor choices made by starry eyed farangs; those relationships that are successful, no matter how unconventional they may seem to you or me, are rarely brought to light.

• Like 2