Recommendations please

The Toyota Avanza is technically classed as and MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle). It is actually designed by Daihatsu and then marketed by Toyota. I think the only other car currently sold in Thailand that is comparable in size and price would be the Suzuki Ertiga. 

A word of warning. If you do consider buying a 7 seater MPV type car don't seat anyone you actually care about in the fold down rear seats. Anyone seated here is sitting directly in the rear crumple zone of the vehicle. You wouldn't want to be sitting there if you were get rear ended.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

And dont sit in the rear seats of a D Max.Could be used in Survivor Series to see who bails out first with sore bum.!

Perhaps you have an odd shaped bum...But if you have big feet you may have a ploblem getting in and out of a Dmax, not so in a Vigo....:stoner:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you have an odd shaped bum...But if you have big feet you may have a ploblem getting in and out of a Dmax, not so in a Vigo....:stoner:

If You enjoy Thai Cement Seats, and are Garden Gnome size , your happy.! Bloody awfull things.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

And dont sit in the rear seats of a D Max.Could be used in Survivor Series to see who bails out first with sore bum.!

That is complete crap ... we had a D-Max ... a 2012 V-Cross ... the rear seats were more than quite acceptable ... and don't is not spelt dont!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

That is complete crap ... we had a D-Max ... a 2012 V-Cross ... the rear seats were more than quite acceptable ... and don't is not spelt dont!

That happens to be the one i went in, and its Crap.

Just now, transam said:

So you think a pickup seating should be the same as a saloon car.....?

Yes i do at the stupid price trucks are now with 4 Doors, certainly do. Only got in the thing because it had 4 Doors

11 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Yes i do at the stupid price trucks are now with 4 Doors, certainly do. Only got in the thing because it had 4 Doors

Then I think you have no idea about what rides are designed for...

Price doesn't come into anything other than what a ride was designed for...

Just because you have an odd shaped bum will not come into what the ride for the majority was designed for....

• Like 1

So they were not made for comfort, I must get my Bum redesigned to suit a piece of Plywood covered in Plasticy Leather. Now i understand the purpose, fit, and function. Thank Leo that trucks aint made by Boeing.

25 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

So they were not made for comfort, I must get my Bum redesigned to suit a piece of Plywood covered in Plasticy Leather. Now i understand the purpose, fit, and function. Thank Leo that trucks aint made by Boeing.

I didn't say that, I was referring to your bum ploblem and what a truck was designed for...

You mention Boeing. now they do cater for folk like yourself with odd shaped bums, it is called "Business Class or First Class"...In these seats you can squidge about for hours to get your bum spread out to an optimum comfort level....But am sure you know that...:thumbsup:

18 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Are you sure it wasn't a 2 door with the rear bench seat? I had a 4 door D Max and the rear seat was perfectly comfortable.

22 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Dont tell me!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For 600k Baht you better buy a new Mazda 2 High connect 1,3l. Compare to all this bumpy Pickups, MPVs and socalled SUVs I had, very confortable with low maintenace cost, drives economic with 1lt E20 for 20km. 

• Like 2

OP,  with that budget you can buy a nice Mazda 2 with all mod cons, and park it easily.

My free entertainment at the shopping malls is watching fat-arsed pickups and SUV's attempting to reverse into a parking space. Combine their size with average Thai driving skills, and it's a comedy of errors.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 6:56 PM, Fruit Trader said:

Not everyone views sports utility vehicles the same way. TATA have a 4x4 drop-side for 560K which I am sure would satisfy those not bothered about passenger comfort.

TATA must be the new Trabant version of former east Germany.