What on earth happened to Nana Plaza?

thaibeachlovers

1 minute ago, bartender100 said:

I do, because if the police enforced the law there would probably be no Nana and  SC

Incorrect. Most bars have lots of licenses. They pay extra for smoking, extended opening hours, show, etc. And then of course there are places like Crazy House which is officially a restaurant (run by the police).

12 hours ago, tropo said:

Although they are obviously human, they are far from "normal" humans and caution is advised when handling them. Treat them too nice and they'll have you for breakfast.

#99 in a certain downstairs Nana gogo can have me for breakfast any day, but I think she's a coyote as she showed no interest in going with any guy in the bar.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One has to understand that for a pro, having a guy shag her is like going to the toilet. It's something that one does because one has to, but is not normally pleasurable. If a pro can't do that she shouldn't be in that occupation.

well, i think they are a lot more like myself,

except they rate money higher and are ready to go to greater length to get money,

i even think they have more common sense then myself,

and in hindsight i wish i had picked up an advice or two from them

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As a long time Nana aficionado, you'd have to be very drunk or very naive to get ripped off in Nana.

Sorry maybe I laid that out wrong, I meant two people i know ripped off by the boiler room scams, not in Nana. They are using the money the make illegally to buy entertainment venues apparently in Nana and around Bangkok 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Sorry maybe I laid that out wrong, I meant two people i know ripped off by the boiler room scams, not in Nana. They are using the money the make illegally to buy entertainment venues apparently in Nana and around Bangkok 

They have those all over the world.

Stupid people buy into the scams.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am one of those people who doesnt lie , I just cannot lie to people .

I also have no desire to talk to them , I know many of them in real life, away from the bars and I have little desire to talk to them in the day time, let alone going out for a drink with them .

I did used to be quite friendly with some of the girls, but I found the constant lies impossible to deal with , everyday a different contrasting story .

Sitting in a bar. lying to each other to keep each other amused and playing games to keep amused , sounds more like an entertainer at a childs party

Sounds like you may have been burnt by the lies. I like the game, but I have never taken a bar girl seriously nor taken one as a girlfriend. Thus, I have never been hurt by one.

• Like 1

Hans just called me with this unbelievable story. His usual hooker told him this story about that English bloke who spent all his money and who thought she loved him. We had a good laugh.

I have a confession. I was waiting for Hans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Are there fewer customers because of fewer girls in bars or are there fewer girls in bars because fewer customers?

I think the latter. But probably a combo. IMHO

More girls and their customers meet without the bars online. That reduces the number of girls and the number of customers in the bars.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Are there fewer customers because of fewer girls in bars or are there fewer girls in bars because fewer customers?

I think the latter. But probably a combo. IMHO

From what I've seen .

Many of the girls stopped working in bars because of the lack of customers .

This caused the customers that do go to bars , to stop going 

Do some expats actually treat the plaza as a regular drinking venue and spend vast amounts of time there? 

To me it's always been seen as a tourist attraction or pop your head in once in a blue moon once the rose tinted glasses have worn off when living here type of place. 

I can't think of anything more depressing than having to regularly listen to repetition pigeon English whilst making sure the bill hasn't been padded out. 

But then, maybe that's just me.... 

19 hours ago, smotherb said:

Sounds like you may have been burnt by the lies. I like the game, but I have never taken a bar girl seriously nor taken one as a girlfriend. Thus, I have never been hurt by one.

That is quite true actually .

good lord, 25 years have passed. 

you have gotten older, the world has changed.

Nana plaza is an anachronism in itself, its time has passed, as has the bar beer hangover from the good old days of the vietnam war.

it was fun late 90s for a while, but i shudder to think that after 25 years i would still be trying to recapture that memory.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DDBKK said:

Do some expats actually treat the plaza as a regular drinking venue and spend vast amounts of time there? 

To me it's always been seen as a tourist attraction or pop your head in once in a blue moon once the rose tinted glasses have worn off when living here type of place. 

I can't think of anything more depressing than having to regularly listen to repetition pigeon English whilst making sure the bill hasn't been padded out. 

But then, maybe that's just me.... 

i used to spend every evening at go-go bars from 8 pm until they closed,

only exception was when the beer induced diarrhea forced me to take a couple

of days off on norfloxacin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i used to spend every evening at go-go bars from 8 pm until they closed,

only exception was when the beer induced diarrhea forced me to take a couple of days off on norfloxacin

Thanks , I was just wondering why you didnt go to the bar for a few nights, and now I know : You had diarrhea .

I am glad that I now know that , thanks for sharing

when I was new to BKK, and Nana still had that  broken  half lite sign,   I walked by  the plaza looked in,  and to me it looked like some "Fellini movie" ; and I wouldn't get anywhere near it "in the good old days"  the office girls, were looking for farang .....wouldn't need  Nana    & it  looked like a dump  IMO,    but to each his own

16 hours ago, DDBKK said:

Oh yes they do.  Many over the years have established relationships/friendships with owners, managers workers and continue to go for a friendly place to drink.

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

I think you need to go back and re-read our posts.

You responded, "No, not at all."

Whether or not you were speaking only of bar girls seems a moot point. I was not speaking only of bar girls; notice I said, "every human."

I didn't miss anything at all. I'm not going discuss problems I've had with people over business deals or personal loans when the topic is bar girls. I made my point, you made your point. Enough already.

Cheers!

Edited by tropo

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Many over the years have established relationships/friendships with owners, managers workers

Definitely a Grouch Marx quote opportunity, "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member"

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thanks , I was just wondering why you didnt go to the bar for a few nights, and now I know : You had diarrhea .

I am glad that I now know that , thanks for sharing

Well now that you have opened the can of "worms", how did he get diarrhea from beer?

5 hours ago, DDBKK said:

I am sure some do spend a lot of time and money there. All over the world there are regulars at drinking establishments.I am sure in countries like England there may even be second generation going to the same pub as their parents did. Peopled drink where ever they like the reason they like it is personal and not every one need know or perhaps they themselves cannot even say exactly why They just drink there.

• Thanks 1