legoland

Hi Guys and Girls, I,m hoping to go LEGOLAND in Malaysia in January with my g/f of 6 yrs and her 10 year old son, I need as much info as possible about the different ways to get there from Udon Thanee, e.g where to  stay, Singapore or Malaysia, Best ways to travel in Singapore, Reasonable price Hotels as I dont have too much money, I have a EU passport, Am I visa free in both countries? etc, etc,  We,re staying for a week, ( includes 2-3 days LEGOLAND ) Would Appreciate any kind of Info Please, Thank You, Steve Mack

6 minutes ago, SteveMack said:

I,m hoping to go LEGOLAND in Malaysia in January ... Reasonable price Hotels as I dont have too much money ...

Wait till Legoland have finished emptying your wallet then you really won't have any money.

Edited by Unsane
  • Haha 1

There’s a great app called “Rome2rio” for giving different alternative travel options and prices, it has links to transport companies for timetables and prices too.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Legoland is just across the border in Johor Baru (referred to locally as JB) if memory serves me correctly.

Definitely look at staying in JB for the duration of your Lego Land visit - prices for accommodation will be cheaper than Singers

Singapore is considerably more expensive, so give some thought to a package (flights and hotels and transfers) for the 3 of you, which allows you to change one of the flights so you can extend the holiday to include JB/Lego Land

You may also look at an additional ex-Singapore package of Hotels, Lego Land, and transfers, ie leaving from Singapore to JB and all inclusive

Crossing between Singapore and JB involves the Woodland Immigration point so allow time for that if you are doing your own transfers between the two.  Can get very congested.

While in Singapore itself, the tourist options are excellent and numerous. Marina Bay Sands, Marina district, Night Safari, Shopping up Orchard Road, Hawker Centres for food (Newton Circus etc), Hop-on Hop-off buses - Singapore is a really good place for a family

And do one lunch at a decent Hainanese Chicken Rice restaurant.

Edited by Argus Tuft
fixed typos

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, Argus Tuft said:

Legoland is just across the border in Johor Baru (referred to locally as JB) if memory serves me correctly.

Definitely look at staying in JB for the duration of your Lego Land visit - prices for accommodation will be cheaper than Singers

Singapore is considerably more expensive, so give some thought to a package (flights and hotels and transfers) for the 3 of you, which allows you to change one of the flights so you can extend the holiday to include JB/Lego Land

You may also look at an additional ex-Singapore package of Hotels, Lego Land, and transfers, ie leaving from Singapore to JB and all inclusive

Crossing between Singapore and JB involves the Woodland Immigration point so allow time for that if you are doing your own transfers between the two.  Can get very congested.

While in Singapore itself, the tourist options are excellent and numerous. Marina Bay Sands, Marina district, Night Safari, Shopping up Orchard Road, Hawker Centres for food (Newton Circus etc), Hop-on Hop-off buses - Singapore is a really good place for a family

And do one lunch at a decent Hainanese Chicken Rice restaurant.

Thanks very much, Do you know if I need to get a visa to cross from Singapore to  Mal, and vice versa ? Do I get my  passport stamped each time I cross ? I,m Flying from Udon Thanee  in Thailand about Jan, next, on a European Passport, ( Irish Citizen } G/F and her son only have I.D cards, Is that ok too,?

Thanks for your Help, Steve,

21 hours ago, SteveMack said:

Flying from Udon Thanee  in Thailand about Jan, next, on a European Passport, ( Irish Citizen } G/F and her son only have I.D cards, Is that ok too,?

From Udon Thani to Bangkok -> Singapore.

You and your G/F and son do not need a visa for Singapore and Malaysia.

BUT to all I can see they will need a passport with 6 months validity.

An ID card is not accepted.

If you travel in a group and can show travel plans there should be no problem for your G/F and son. Otherwise young Thai females are "grilled" at the checkpoint assuming they want to enter for illegal stay. Are you the legal father of the boy?

Your passport will be stamped at every border crossing.

If you have a long term status to stay in Thailand like a one year extension you need to get a re-entry permit to keep this valid.

On 5/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, Unsane said:

Wait till Legoland have finished emptying your wallet then you really won't have any money.

I bet it will still be peanuts compared to the flight costs from Udon Thani and any kind of entertainment in Singapore :biggrin:

On 6/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, SteveMack said:

Thanks very much, Do you know if I need to get a visa to cross from Singapore to  Mal, and vice versa ? Do I get my  passport stamped each time I cross ? I,m Flying from Udon Thanee  in Thailand about Jan, next, on a European Passport, ( Irish Citizen } G/F and her son only have I.D cards, Is that ok too,?

Thanks for your Help, Steve,

You don't require a visa on your Irish passport to enter Malaysia - you get 90 days entry visa exempt as an EU citizen. Link here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Malaysia#Visa_policy_map

KhunBenQ has responded on the ID card issue above. Passports are required for entry in to Malaysia

For all of you, stamp on entry as per KhunBenQ post above 

On 6/8/2018 at 1:18 PM, KhunBENQ said:

From Udon Thani to Bangkok -> Singapore.

You and your G/F and son do not need a visa for Singapore and Malaysia.

BUT to all I can see they will need a passport with 6 months validity.

An ID card is not accepted.

If you travel in a group and can show travel plans there should be no problem for your G/F and son. Otherwise young Thai females are "grilled" at the checkpoint assuming they want to enter for illegal stay. Are you the legal father of the boy?

Your passport will be stamped at every border crossing.

If you have a long term status to stay in Thailand like a one year extension you need to get a re-entry permit to keep this valid.

Thanks, I,ll get them a Passport for each of them, her son is ten years old, Been with both of them 6 years now,  we intend to fly to singapore from udon thani in Jan, for 1 week,  stay 2 days. then go legoland for 2 days,( one night legoland hotel ) and come back and stay in singapore for 3 days and fly back Udon Thani, Thats the Intention, I hope to get a 2 month thai Visa in uk where i,m resident for myself from early Dec, to early Feb,  Any more Info on anything to do or go in sngapore is appreciated, Thanks again, Steve Mack

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 5:15 PM, Argus Tuft said:

You don't require a visa on your Irish passport to enter Malaysia - you get 90 days entry visa exempt as an EU citizen. Link here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Malaysia#Visa_policy_map

KhunBenQ has responded on the ID card issue above. Passports are required for entry in to Malaysia

For all of you, stamp on entry as per KhunBenQ post above 

Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveMack said:

Any more Info on anything to do or go in sngapore is appreciated, Thanks again, Steve Mack

You should definitely go to the Gardens by the Bay.  Really really stunning, and it's free to walk around there.  You can choose to pay to go in to to the domes, or up on the Skywalk, but it's just a nice place to walk around anyway.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 8:02 PM, SteveMack said:

H Guys, sorry to be a pain, If I get a 2 month visa in uk for Thailand and during my stay here in Thailand  I go to singapore and malaysia ( 1 week in total) Is my 2 month Thai visa still valid or do I get another one ? Roughly come Thailand 6 december-4 Febuary,  and go Sing+Mal about 2 January, Hope this is enough Info. Thanks Much Obligued.