What Would You Do?

Yesterday I was with the mrs in Tesco Lotus and there was a mad rush of people buying school uniforms and shoes. As I wondered through I noticed an iPhone ( i7-8) on a shoe box. Lots of people were picking up shoes around it but not the phone and walking off. They def saw the phone ....so I picked it up and asked if it was anyone’s??? One lady said yes it’s mine ... I looked at her and she was talking on her ( other) mobile ... I looked at her suspiciously and letting her know I was . She then said no sorry it’s not hers . ?.  I took it to customer service and carried on shopping . After shopping and checkout , I was called over by the customer service staff and a lady came forward saying thank you. 

I’m no angel but I’m old enough now to beleive in some sort of karma.  But I’m not so sure about the people shopping around the iPhone that day ..   I get the feeling they were waiting for the right moment.

• Like 2

Reading this reminds me that many years ago when we lived in the UK ,we were up shopping in London ,as we were walking down a side street i saw a 5 pound note in the gutter ,i picked it up with a smile when the wife said look another one , then another and another , as there was no one about ,we went on our merry way .helped with the day out expenses , :partytime2:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm the only foreigner where I live, if anyone found a wallet with a foreigners photo, they would knock on my door and hand it over.

Driving 5Km with it seems either 'dense' or 'suspicious'.

He took it to a nearby headman who was his relative. Why is that suspicious?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tandor said:

..you have 3 days to hand it in to local police..after that you can be charged with stealing by finding.

And what do you think the Police might do with it? And where in the world did you get the idea that you have three days to bring it to the Police?

No doubt - return it to the owner with everything intact.

However, depending on the circumstances, and if there was cash in the wallet - maybe a 20% Finders Fee.

Remember, we are all teachers and we are all students. 

education Gandhi Learn as if you live forever.jpg

Edited by RickTik

1 minute ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I drink in moderation and stay away from your girl 'friends' who charge by the minute.

I based my remark on some information you shared. It was intended humourously.

What do you know of me?

Yet another humourless judgemental tool unworthy of further engagement.

You sad little man.

23 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

I based my remark on some information you shared. It was intended humourously.

What do you know of me?

Yet another humourless judgemental tool unworthy of further engagement.

You sad little man.

I was also having a bit if fun and joking! Lol

Fragile easily bruied ego eh? I must have opened up an old bar GF wound.

A case of Pot Kettle with the 'tool - sad little man' self inflicted dart throwing remarks, all things considered.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

15 hours ago, bangkoken said:

And what do you think the Police might do with it? And where in the world did you get the idea that you have three days to bring it to the Police?

14 hours ago, smotherb said:

Is that somewhat akin to sexual assault by looking or thinking?

...best you both go argue with the lawmakers huh.

Property (Section 1308-1334)

Civil and Commercial Code

Section 1323. A person who finds lost property is bound: (give back property)

1. to deliver it to the loser, the owner or any other person entitled to receive it, or
  2. to inform without delay to the loser, the owner or any other person entitled to receive it, or
  3. to deliver it within three days to the police or other competent official and inform them of all circumstances within his knowledge which may be material for the person who is entitled to receive it.

However, the procedure provided in sub-section 3 must be followed it the loser, owner or other person entitled to receive the property is unknown or does not take delivery of it.

In any case the property found must be kept with reasonable care until delivery.

On 10/05/2018 at 6:47 PM, tandor said:

..you have 3 days to hand it in to local police..after that you can be charged with stealing by finding.

That would make the local police's pockets fill up even more. Your answer was the very reason I started this topic.