Trump's CIA pick Gina Haspel promises no more harsh interrogation programme

webfact

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Mansell said:

Wrong. We were with the Gurkhas in Borneo dealing with communist infiltrators from Indonesia. As we took them up a river to drop them in the jungle I was manning a machine gun as a teenager. WoW! Also in Aden when they were throwing grenades and firing RPG's at our soldiers stationed there. Also I was in the Royal Navy at fifteen, not the army. With the international laws now anybody under the age of eighteen has to be removed from any ship going into a combat situation. Civilians always have their snotty comments about people who have done something they have not......maybe they have had empty lives......Grin!

In Aden eh! Did you have anything to do with Mad Mitch?

I wonder how he'd be regarding the present conflict there if he were still alive. I think I know, but I won't say on here.

On May 28, 2018 at 7:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder how he'd be regarding the present conflict there if he were still alive. I think I know, but I won't say on here.

Sorry, nothing to do with Mad Mitch. I remember sitting on the bow of the ship with a rifle looking out for frogmen, though I doubt the Arabs in Yemen were that sophisticated back in 1965-6. I was surprised when the American warship USA Cole was attacked in 2000 by a boat loaded with explosives which killed many American sailors. It should never have got close to the destroyer in the first place, a breakdown in the ship's basic defenses and poorly trained crewmen. I would guess the captain lost his command and any future commands.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

@madmitch

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2018 at 12:12 AM, webfact said:

President Donald Trump's pick for CIA director was grilled by lawmakers on Wednesday over her role in the agency's past harsh interrogation system, pledging she would never restart the programme or follow any morally objectionable order from Trump.

Come on, let's get the real truth. let's start with water boarding and the rack... :clap2: