Plan for medical marijuana farm in Bangkok unveiled

webfact

I can already see some political and senior bureaucrat eyes twinkling at the prospect of some ill gotten gains from any future development. Knowing how the Thai administrators love to get ahead of themselves it would come as no surprise if discussions were already being held as to how the split from this golden goose would be divided up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:

I can already see some political and senior bureaucrat eyes twinkling at the prospect of some ill gotten gains from any future development. Knowing how the Thai administrators love to get ahead of themselves it would come as no surprise if discussions were already being held as to how the split from this golden goose would be divided up. 

No matter how fruitful legalising weed might be, taking away BIB tea money is definitely not on the menu, and being as they and other boys in brown and green are running things, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“We will need to adjust the species to ensure it can grow successfully in our local environment,” he said. “We may also set up a team to explore local marijuana strains. We have reports that they are found in various northeastern provinces, including Sakon Nakhon,” he said. 

There where lots of successfully grown Thai sticks on the streets in Europe when I was a teenager.

No need to set up a team and waste money, just ask the local growers.

Forget your reports, just consult the local dealers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The most amusing, and simultaneously tragic, aspect of this story is that neither those quoted in the op nor those commenting on the thread have even the slightest clue what they are talking about.

To talk about finding a strain suitable to the environment is laughable in a medical marijuana context, as the grower creates and controls the environment specific to each strain.

The knowlege and technology is there, it just needs to be implemented. I poersonally know of a number of university students who are doing quite well producing quality product,, but rather than seek out these indiciduals, rhe government will likely engage some untalented neophyte to reinvent the wheel.

As for the munchies and pizza jokes, sigh.

Finally, allusions to Thai stick and local strains may have been relavent in the 70s and early 80s, but certainly dont hold a candle to the quality product available today.

I grew up amongst growers through my university years and now many of those criminals are very successful legitimate businessmen yet oddly havent changed their trade.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 7:20 AM, geronimo said:

No matter how fruitful legalising weed might be, taking away BIB tea money is definitely not on the menu, and being as they and other boys in brown and green are running things, I'm not holding my breath.

Until they realise how much money can be made legally and choose to legalise weed and give out licenses to themselves to grow and sell it.