Pattaya’s trash crisis bursts seams at Wat Chai

Rimmer

Pattaya’s trash crisis bursts seams at Wat Chai

image.png

PATTAYA:Pattaya’s garbage crisis burst through the seams again, this time next to the revered Chaimongkol Temple where a mountain of smelly trash was left to rot.

Social media excoriated city administrators for failing to resolve its long-running rubbish problems, saying a rotting pile of garbage outside a royally designated temple and a market popular with both locals and tourists was unacceptable.

Trash pileups are nothing new at the Wat Chaimongkol Market, but vendors said the city has left them too few garbage bins, forcing them to dump trash in a pile that soon spilled into the street.

Pattaya’s contract with its current trash hauler has expired and will not be renewed as the company refuses to invest in more trucks and staff. In the interim, trash is being left to pile up around the city with officials saying all the local dumps are full and they are scrambling to find places to dispose of the waste.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-11

13 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

Old (at least a week) news. I was there yesterday morning and it had all been cleaned up.

I was there 1pm today. It was clean but the stench was awful...perhaps they had moved it to t'other side of the wall by the public toilets but I wasn't going to check it out!!!

Peoples of Pattaya, you are not alone. I'm very surprised to see that the most rubbish is almost next to a Wat/Temple.
Welcome to Ban Makluea, Nakhon Sawan! The situation with the rubbish on the Nam Ping river is worse, today I saw construction rubbish, a lot of ETERNIT, ETERNIT IS ALREADY MORE THAN 30 YEARS FORBIDDEN IN EUROPE AMERICA AND MANY OTHER COUNTRY BECAUSE VERY DANGEROUS FOR CANCER. IN MANY "THIRD" WORLD COUNTRIES IS STILL IN USE, DELIVER FROM EUROPE OR MADE WITH LICENSE IN THE COUNTRY.
The Nam Ping river is a small river that during the raining season become really large and will cover and of course, take all that rubbish with.
That situation is unfortunately in the whole country the same and none will taking care of.

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

Remember quite a few years ago the recycling scavenger who lost his hands to a discarded radioactive vessel and the rather silly crew who lost their lives using an oxy acetylene torch to cut up an unexploded bomb.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I was there 1pm today. It was clean but the stench was awful...perhaps they had moved it to t'other side of the wall by the public toilets but I wasn't going to check it out!!!

Probably as they opened the nearest drain and tipped the whole lot down it - it will reappear later when temple cannot understand why they keep getting flooded

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Probably as they opened the nearest drain and tipped the whole lot down it - it will reappear later when temple cannot understand why they keep getting flooded
South Pattaya road always floods..when.it rains hard ...did it flood today ?
BTW all the drain covers along that stretch are again sinking 2 + inches below the road surface just like before the "resurfacing"
dangerous for bikes and very annoying in a car..+ when it floods its possible for the drain covers to be pushed off their positions leaving a gaping hole for anything to fall into !
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, johng said:

South Pattaya road always floods..when.it rains hard ...did it flood today ?
BTW all the drain covers along that stretch are again sinking 2 + inches below the road surface just like before the "resurfacing"
dangerous for bikes and very annoying in a car..+ when it floods its possible for the drain covers to be pushed off their positions leaving a gaping hole for anything to fall into !

That's a regular journey on the Bahtbus for me and I always try to sit as far up as possible cos the rear axle seats can jar my back quite considerably..

Anyways. I am unsure when the stench was worse ..... Walking passed it up to the bus stop or going back down in the bahtbus in slow moving traffic. I think the latter.

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed

Will Pattaya ever get on top of its garbage problem?

I sure hope so, just glad that I spend less than 2 weeks

of my holiday in that area.   I prefer the cleaner west coast from Cha Am to past

Pran buri.

Geezer