What VPN do you use?

glockdoc

On 5/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, Scouse123 said:

Cyberghost and it's completely free for users.

Apparently not any more as I discovered a few weeks ago when I tried to use it. Had been using it for a few years but they now only offer a free 7 day trial.......

Changed to Windscribe

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

to watch the iplayer, itv hub and channel 4 catch up.

and for privacy.

wonder no more.

I note that Different uses a VPN as he mentioned it in an alternative thread.  Strange.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, topt said:

Apparently not any more as I discovered a few weeks ago when I tried to use it. Had been using it for a few years but they now only offer a free 7 day trial.......

Changed to Windscribe

topt,

Just logged in, it's working and free after you wait for free user slot.

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

topt,

Just logged in, it's working and free after you wait for free user slot.

Thanks but already changed now - and don't have to wait like before especially when I only need to use it quickly :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, topt said:

Thanks but already changed now - and don't have to wait like before especially when I only need to use it quickly :thumbsup:

I have followed your example and downloaded Windscribe, it looks a better system as well as being free.

Thank you.!

Thought I would post a follow up. 

AIR VPN has been working flawlessly on both the linux desktop and IOS devices. Both problems I have had with Vypr and Nord seem to have been solved.  

I still plan on playing around with Hide My Ass and try their virtual ips to see if I can bump the speed up while maintaining a Los Angeles IP address. 

Thanks for everyone that contributed to the actual topic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 2:16 PM, Xentrk said:

This topic comes up frequently in another forum I am active in.  I decided it was easier write a blog article about it and give a link!  Please see the post at https://x3mtek.com/why-i-use-torguard-as-my-vpn-provider/

Just fyi, I've used Torguard as one of my VPNs for the past 6 months or so, specifically, their dedicated/custom streaming IP, in my case, based in California. And while their connection isn't particularly fast, it at least worked reliably for its stated purpose and that was to provide an unblocked VPN IP for use with the various major U.S. streaming video services.

Until this week, that is. A couple of days ago, suddenly, when I went to use Torguard with one of the major U.S. streamers, I got an error message saying it looked like I was using a proxy connection and thus would not play. Tried it a couple different ways, via their app and via my router, and the same result every time with that particular streaming service. And that's NOT supposed to happen, since I am paying them for a custom IP address that I'm the only one using.

So last night, I wrote Torguard's technical support an email ticket, and got a response back today saying that "as mentioned, our Californian subnets were blocked for streaming," and offering me instead a new streaming IP based in Michigan, which I can't imagine being a very good connection for Asia. I asked about getting a replacement California IP, and they said they had none to provide, since their entire CA subnet was blocked for streaming.

So, I definitely am not/was not happy about that. And the only good thing I can add is that I was NOT relying on Torguard as my primary VPN, so it's more of an inconvenience and hassle at the moment more than a major disruption. But still, as a new subscriber, I asked what would happen if my Calif streaming IP ever ended up being blocked, and they replied they'd just issue a new CA IP...  Nothing ever said about having to resort to a Michigan IP.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK