My Four Days in Pattaya

Songkran18

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2018 at 11:03 AM, johng said:
On 5/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, Songkran18 said:
Ibar before 10PM. It was a Monday night if that matters. I personally believe they’re undercutting their competitors before prime hours. . I left before 10P so I’m not sure what they charged afterward. Great place to pregame.  I ended up a Sapphire @ 170 baht for a cold one.

A small bottle or 1 glass i'd imagine but still a good price for Walking Street.

A small bottle.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, Songkran18 said:

which begs the question: any good Golfing in the area ? 

Depends what you mean by "the area" and "good"?

Within 55 minutes about 25 courses. These range from the very expensive Siam courses (about 20 minutes away and overall about 4k+baht unless Sport day) to places for less than 1300 baht all in if you walk. 

Have a look at Pattaya Sports Club for list of courses and price details. https://pattayasports.net/

Join up with one of the bars if you want company and/or transport or hire a taxi for about 1600 - 2k return journey.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:06 AM, KittenKong said:

You misunderstand me. I dont want to "mingle" with anyone at random, regardless of who or what they are, and regardless of which country they are from. I'm just not interested at all.

I also think that there is a big difference between people who are working abroad and those who are on a fortnight's holiday in Jomtien.

Exactly the difference between Los Angeles and New York. In LA, it is nearly impossible to mingle with people randomly. The fear level amongst the locals is so high, that they are just not prepared or willing to talk to a stranger, for more than a moment. It is astonishing, and one of the aspects of LA that I find least appealing. In New York you can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, find out they are a fascinating and very accomplished person, and develop a relationship on that basis, be they man or woman. There is a very low fear factor, as people there have a great deal of self esteem, sense of self, grounding, and courage. It is one of the aspects I love most about New York.

As far as Pattaya goes, unless one is into carting, golf or babes, I just do not see the allure as a tourist destination. Beyond me. 

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Been a couple of years since I last saw Lam perform. One of the best nights out in Pattaya is sitting necking a few coldies watching Lam work his magic.

He's a great performer and got the whole rock n roll vibe going on and decades of history to go with it, but more lately his sense of rhythm has gotten a bit wobbly. 

21 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

He's a great performer and got the whole rock n roll vibe going on and decades of history to go with it, but more lately his sense of rhythm has gotten a bit wobbly. 

Yes, I've heard that from others, he's getting on in years now, and I guess he's walloped the booze and a few other things as well, so I suppose it's all taking its toll on him. But when he was hot he was sizzling.

Archived