closing or transfering or fixed interest account

I have a three year fixed account with gh bank, which matures next year. Only problem is we are emigrating to Ireland this year. I will lose 20000 + if I close the account early. I had an idea that I would leave the money in the account until the account matures next year then using either phone banking or internet banking transfer the money to ireland, but GH bank do not do int transfer. A later plan was let the account mature then using internet or phone banking transfer the funds to my bangkok bank account who would be capable of transferring said funds to ireland ....only problem is GHB do not do national transfers.......any ideas?

Sure GHB does domestic transfers...every bank in Thailand does domestic transfers at branches, ATMs, and their ibanking apps.

You need to signup for their GHBank Smart app.

https://www.ghbank.co.th/electronic-services/web-application/ghbank-smart

But whether you can use the app to transfer out of a "fixed" account I couldn't say.   A fixed account transfer could very well require a visit to a GHB branch.  

I know with other some Thai bank fixed accounts you can provide the branch instructions as to what "automatically" happens to the fixed account once it matures....such as roll it over into your regular savings account (if you have a regular savings acct with GHB).  Then from the regular savings account you could do a domestic transfer using your ibanking...assuming you have signed up for ibanking.

But keep in mind also, for "foreigners" an international transfer almost always requires you to visit a branch unless you have a work permit "and" have been approved on your ibanking to do international transfers.  And usually the transfer is for repatriation of "salary" and not big lump sums.  Big lump sums require additional approval/paperwork to show where the funds original came from and why the funds need to be sent out of Thailand.