RTP: Traffic police to be paid for hard graft - that means work!

webfact

RTP: Traffic police to be paid for hard graft - that means work!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News 

Traffic police are soon to be rewarded for working hard.

Top cops at the RTP have decided that they do not get enough money for all their efforts.

The system of getting bonuses on the number of tickets issued is also to be phased out to stop corruption.

Pol Maj Gen Ekkarak Limsangkat of Region 3 of the metropolitan police said that traffic cops work from dawn to dusk. They don't get enough pay for all their hard work.

So they are looking at a way to give them overtime payments for days exceeding 8 hours.

Maj Gen Ekkarak also said that the system whereby officers get a share in traffic fines would be stopped. There has been corrupt manipulation of the figures, he admitted to Daily News.

The exact rates for OT pay are still to be decided.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-15
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Have you ever seen any cop working at night? Not where I live. They're all scared of the dark.

sofa I agree only time I have seen them is about 1 at night coming home from wifes shop trying to catch drink drivers. But that is a very rare occurrence. One of these days these so-called street racers are going to meet there maker. They are just so dangerous makes me look in shock horror what they do. They pull their bike up onto one wheel when they are speeding I just turn away

• Thanks 1

Many can be seen in our area doing little or no work at all for months on end, especially high ranking Officers that barely ever turn up for duty as they are too busy running other business's on the side.   Are these people going to have money DEDUCTED from their pay under the new guidelines ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Please stop these headlines, nearly choked on  my coffee.

The only kind of graft them buggers know is the criminal kind.... Graft.

Coffee in the morning, it is said, tend to make you chokish......

And news like this doesn't really help.

Traffic cops work from dawn to dusk?? Where?? On the highways?? Country back roads?? In the cities?? On the carriage and tollways?? Are they in cars, motorbikes, in their little boxes playing with the traffic lights??

Then why do I never see them?? Oh! Wait, I saw one last week.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Top cops at the RTP have decided that they do not get enough money for all their efforts.

So the traffic police in jomtien not getting anything because I never see them working and I really hope one day in future they start to work and go after noises bike's and drinking driving 

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Many can be seen in our area doing little or no work at all for months on end, especially high ranking Officers that barely ever turn up for duty as they are too busy running other business's on the side.   Are these people going to have money DEDUCTED from their pay under the new guidelines ?

"as they are too busy running other business's on the side". Really? You mean like British MPs? :cheesy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Judging by the mansions some of them live in, and on a policeman's salary, maybe they should go on TV and show the rest of us how they can do this and be hard working, honest, trustworthy and brave

Where do they get the money to buy all these fancy ranks and regalia? You know, the Maj/Gens and Lt/ Cols etc.

They are a joke, the lot of them. :cheesy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Traffic cops work from dawn to dusk?? Where?? On the highways?? Country back roads?? In the cities?? On the carriage and tollways?? Are they in cars, motorbikes, in their little boxes playing with the traffic lights??

Then why do I never see them?? Oh! Wait, I saw one last week.

so you hit the jackpot seeing one was he working??

11 hours ago, webfact said:

I wish they wouldn't print stuff like this!  It just winds me up!

All the police at my local station are driving mercs and beamers. Not sure what they are talking about with this story. Not once have they ever worked. Still waiting on them to come out.... Been years now!

This story must be assuming that there is police here. Meaning that they uphold the law. Fact is they just dont do it. Just exploit the system. How about putting them in jail for not doing their job. As soon as there is a descent police force then give them a much deserved pay rise but until then....

• Like 1